July 21, 2018, 09:30:06 AM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 16667 times)

January 20, 2018, 10:16:40 PM
Reply #30

Lxxx

Great recovery challenge McCarthy but it was his horrendous play in the first place that put us in trouble.

There was an easy ball on out wide for a counter attack but he shit himself and turned round. As per.

January 20, 2018, 10:18:47 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

Looks like a compound fracture that. Another one out for a year.

January 20, 2018, 10:26:27 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

Double leg break, just horrible
I know it's awful for the lad but in real terms he's one we'd have wanted to move on to get some money in and replace with one who was up to the task. We have no luck.

January 20, 2018, 10:30:19 PM
Reply #33

Lxxx

I don't know why we're so interested in selling Niasse.

The substitute role suits him so well. There's no shame in having a player like that.

He looks happy with that role as well. Valuable member of the squad.

January 20, 2018, 10:32:22 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

Hope Cenk realises the boos were for the substitution, and not for him.

Yeh it'll be a few weeks before the boos are directed at him yet.

January 20, 2018, 10:52:32 PM
Reply #35

Lxxx

Bolasie is like an annoying fucking greedy daft arrogant under 14s player who's thinks he's better than he is.

He shouldn't be in the first team until someone drills into him it's a team game.

January 20, 2018, 11:12:47 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

We are probably the most toxic fans around nowadays....sad
It's not happened overnight. For no reason.

January 20, 2018, 11:43:27 PM
Reply #37

Lxxx

true but we've  had worse teams and always understood why, maybe this time it's been the optimism of the takeover that's created the bitter over the failure since, we don't accept failure as well as we used to.but the reality is it's same old....

We've played shite before but then we had shite players so we understood. I remember the dark days under Walter Smith when we played about 8 defenders at home and no-one was moaning in the alehouse after the game like they do now.
We expect more because the quality is there. Maybe the commitment isn't though and that might be a combination of the modern day footballer as well as how they're managed. 

January 21, 2018, 12:10:31 AM
Reply #38

Lxxx

They had 15 shots. West Brom came to Goodison under Alan Pardew and had 15 shots at goal and some think we're not in trouble.

January 21, 2018, 05:27:25 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

Watching the game yesterday, and i know this will probably be an unpopular statement, but Iím not sure it isnít Sig thatís a large part of the problem of know.

I watched him closely and for a number 10 he doesnít get close to the striker, or the opposition box, anywhere near as often as he should in that position.
It feels like we play with a midfield three and a striker a lot of the time which means it looks disjointed. Even when heís playing off the left he doesnít take up positions that hurt the opposition, heís often a Mirallas-lite, making runs across the defence.

Iím not sure what the answer is but for £45m I want him affecting the play a lot more.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:06:39 PM by Lxxx »