May 25, 2018, 11:52:07 AM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 15189 times)

January 19, 2018, 10:45:26 PM
Reply #150

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If we're not trying Garbutt now, then really what's the point? See if he's got anything to contribute, upside is maybe if he shows potential and we can consider pushing off the LB purchase until later IF the right player really isn't around right now.

Otherwise, we're kinda forced into the market, be it a loan or otherwise...but I suppose at least we find out if Garbutt is up for it or not.

I would've thought a LB would be a day one purchase when the window opened, but possibly the targets we want aren't available this window.

If hes only just started training with the first team then Id guess itll either be immediately obvious that he could play or its a waste of time.

Given that we only had 1 LB at the start of the season anyway and no one saw fit to have him train with the first team until he could be registered it suggests that previous managers thought it would be a waste of time.

Guess would be that hes got the window (in training) to show that he should be considered.

January 19, 2018, 10:59:36 PM
Reply #151

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If hes only just started training with the first team then Id guess itll either be immediately obvious that he could play or its a waste of time.

Given that we only had 1 LB at the start of the season anyway and no one saw fit to have him train with the first team until he could be registered it suggests that previous managers thought it would be a waste of time.

Guess would be that hes got the window (in training) to show that he should be considered.

Right, I'd agree he probably just has this window (possibly even just a little part of it, we may yet decide to go and buy someone) to show something.

I was just thinking if he was showing something in training, it's probably going to be a rare opportunity for Allardyce to play him and see if he has potential. We know what Martina brings, we hopefully know when Baines will be back. The question mark of the resources we have available right now is Garbutt. You'd think those chances are slim, given the treatment to date but I also think Koeman was a kinda hasty to draw a line under certain players too.

I do like from early interviews Allardyce was mentioning Garbutt by name and wanted to look into what he could offer, so at least Garbutt is getting the benefit of an open mind. We shall see what he does with that chance.

January 19, 2018, 11:35:45 PM
Reply #152

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Has Garbutt been fucking registered or what?

January 19, 2018, 11:46:42 PM
Reply #153

D15TIN

Think he mustve been- Barkley, Mirallas, Lennon & Gethin Jones (ffs) have gone, tosun & Walcott have come in - surely garbutt gets one of those places.

January 20, 2018, 12:06:42 AM
Reply #154

Shogun

Administrator
Looking forward to Garbutt putting in a 6/10 performance and mass arguing whether he has a good game or not.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 20, 2018, 12:07:39 AM
Reply #155

Lxxx

Think he mustve been- Barkley, Mirallas, Lennon & Gethin Jones (ffs) have gone, tosun & Walcott have come in - surely garbutt gets one of those places.

Especially if there are no more incomings, plenty of free space. I think even Sam Byrne was registered in August for some reason.

January 20, 2018, 12:16:52 AM
Reply #156

velimski

Looking forward to Garbutt putting in a 6/10 performance and mass arguing whether he has a good game or not.

At least we'd all be able to agree that he should be starting ahead of Cuco.

January 20, 2018, 12:19:52 AM
Reply #157

Shogun

Administrator

You read this place?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 20, 2018, 12:20:23 AM
Reply #158

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
There's gotta to be a reason that garbutt, 25, can't get a game for anyone bar our u 23s

Simply simply lovely

January 20, 2018, 12:57:21 AM
Reply #159

Lincs Toffee

I thought he couldnt play until 31 January
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 20, 2018, 01:00:00 AM
Reply #160

Simon Paul

Administrator
There's gotta to be a reason that garbutt, 25, can't get a game for anyone bar our u 23s

Because the people who pick the teams have actually seen him play football recently would be my guess

January 20, 2018, 01:01:23 AM
Reply #161

Gash

Global Moderator

He's listed on the OS in the first team but still no squad number, so I'm guessing not.

January 20, 2018, 01:01:32 AM
Reply #162

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Because the people who pick the teams have actually seen him play football recently would be my guess
Mine too

Simply simply lovely

January 20, 2018, 01:28:11 AM
Reply #163

Django

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Williams Martina

Schneiderlin McCarthy

Walcott Sig Vlasic
Tosun

Late fitness test for Bolasie, if he passes hes in for Vlasic

January 20, 2018, 02:34:08 AM