December 14, 2018, 08:19:06 PM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 20348 times)

January 20, 2018, 04:16:44 AM
Reply #180

sam of the south

Sigurdsson & Martina have been dropped

Pickford

Kenny
Holgate
Keane
Garbutt

Rooney
Davies
Gana

Walcott
Tosun
Bolasie

Not according to @Django

ITK Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhh hhhhttttt!
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 20, 2018, 04:17:57 AM
Reply #181

Gash

Global Moderator
Has anyone else caught your attention this season, though?

Apart from Rooney and Sigurdsson goals it's been a season of awful or forgettable moments.

So yeah, a 19 year-old who keeps hold of the ball well in tight situations and likes to go towards the oppositions goal has offered a glimmer of hope to me at least.

I don't even think he keeps the ball well does he? Genuine question but all I can think of is him getting the head down and either giving it away or getting tackled rather than opening up a defence and building up an attack or setting up a chance?

I'm not meaning to be down on the lad, I just don't see why there's a clamour from some people to see him played more often than he has been. All three managers this season seem to have had reservations about playing him.

January 20, 2018, 04:18:13 AM
Reply #182

kramer0

Sad as it is, I think Vlasic is one of our smarter players in possession.

As in, he looks like he actually thinks before he tries things.

January 20, 2018, 04:18:34 AM
Reply #183

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Iíll take that team mate.

I think McCarthy and Schneids are very ball shy for a two in cm but I HOPE with sig in the middle and pace either side he will be drawn to the ball. Heís definitely got the legs to go centre circle to box for 90 minutes collecting the ball and playing it to the options ahead (before arriving late on the edge of the box and finishing - his best asset, my prediction for what will happen) just whether he has that natural attraction to the ball.

Will be great to see Theo and Tosun, really looking forward to it, hope we get the ball to them and in to good spaces for them plenty.

Not sure what to say about Vlasic cause I dunno how thatíll work, but worried and would rather bolasie I think.

Donít think Schneiderlin is overly ball shy.

Itís just that his style is more shifting it from side to side, with his best pass a switch of play.

For him to be effective with the ball he needs good vertical options to be close to him or lots of movement to the sides in order to unsettle the opposition positionally, or then the team to have good possession which drags players towards one side enabling the switch to the other.

None of which weíve had this season.

Itís without the ball that heís been particularly poor this season looking slow to the tackle etc.

January 20, 2018, 04:20:36 AM
Reply #184

sam of the south

I don't even think he keeps the ball well does he? Genuine question but all I can think of is him getting the head down and either giving it away or getting tackled rather than opening up a defence and building up an attack or setting up a chance?

I'm not meaning to be down on the lad, I just don't see why there's a clamour from some people to see him played more often than he has been. All three managers this season seem to have had reservations about playing him.

Yeah, he keeps it well, and shows good strength.

The 'clamour' is probably in reaction to the utter dross served up all season by others in positions on the field that he could occupy.

No, it isn't ideal to throw in a 19 year-old EPL rookie, but hey, we are shite.

January 20, 2018, 04:21:40 AM
Reply #185

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Pickford

Kenny
Holgate
Keane
Garbutt

Rooney
Davies
Gana

Walcott
Tosun
Bolasie
Two others say different but let's see
Simply simply lovely

January 20, 2018, 04:25:29 AM
Reply #186

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Pickford

Kenny
Holgate
Keane
Garbutt

Rooney
Davies
Gana

Walcott
Tosun
Bolasie

They haven't.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 20, 2018, 04:31:44 AM
Reply #187

D15TIN

That's what I've been passed on, there's a 3Rd different team doing the rounds on twitter now

January 20, 2018, 04:33:19 AM
Reply #188

Lxxx

Feels like we have three new signings if Vlasic plays.
I like the lad, if we invest a bit of time and effort in him I think heís got enough in his locker to reward us with a baller.

January 20, 2018, 04:36:27 AM
Reply #189

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'm giving this game until October before I decide if we won it or not

January 20, 2018, 04:38:16 AM
Reply #190

Gash

Global Moderator

Pickford

Kenny
Holgate
Keane
Garbutt

Rooney
Davies
Gana

Walcott
Tosun
Bolasie

Reckon your mate's on the wind up again, Garbutt isn't in the up to date Premier League squad which includes Walcott so it's been updated in the last 24 hours.

https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/7/Everton/squad

January 20, 2018, 04:41:43 AM
Reply #191

D15TIN

We shall see

January 20, 2018, 04:45:44 AM
Reply #192

Ramjam

Looks like @Django gets the cigar
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 20, 2018, 04:48:33 AM
Reply #193

sam of the south

Looks like @Django gets the cigar

Hopefully not like Monica Lewinsky   :o

January 20, 2018, 04:50:58 AM
Reply #194

Ramjam

Hopefully not like Monica Lewinsky   :o

No complaints from Monica that king sized Havana was worth millions to her, the shy little sexeratary
WE ARE THE PEOPLE