September 25, 2018, 07:41:08 PM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 18026 times)

January 21, 2018, 05:05:58 AM
Reply #735

sirblue57

You protect your future assets in any business,listen weekly to the booooing  and sniping...not good for developing  kids.Ask yourself whats happened to Davies,probably the next sensation fucked over just like Barkley.
Again...who do we replace them with?
Just go out with 8 or 9 players? Fuck.me some people on here need a reality check.
The reason we are playing the youth team is because the previous manager fucked up, the DoF, fucked up....we have to play them.because they are all we have or the best option, now does that scare You? Because it does me, we need leadership and experience I agree, but that's down to the manager, DoF and the board to sort....i.e.  we're fucked.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 21, 2018, 06:05:59 AM
Reply #736

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We can spend as much money as we want on all the quality that we can get and we won't finish much better than 10th with The Fraud. He doesn't allow anybody with quality to shine through.  It's all percentages. Soul destroying, boring shit. It's doesn't matter if you spend 5M or 35M, he expects the same job from the player.

Every game is an absolute chore. I really don't blame the West Ham fans anymore for calling it the West Ham way. This isn't the Everton way. I can't see myself looking forward to most of the games we play this season while our joke of a manger is in charge. What an absolute fallacy that man is.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:07:05 AM by Confucius »
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 21, 2018, 06:33:37 AM
Reply #737

Cozzie

We can spend as much money as we want on all the quality that we can get and we won't finish much better than 10th with The Fraud. He doesn't allow anybody with quality to shine through.  It's all percentages. Soul destroying, boring shit. It's doesn't matter if you spend 5M or 35M, he expects the same job from the player.

Every game is an absolute chore. I really don't blame the West Ham fans anymore for calling it the West Ham way. This isn't the Everton way. I can't see myself looking forward to most of the games we play this season while our joke of a manger is in charge. What an absolute fallacy that man is.

Yet you have him as your avatar Con 😂

January 21, 2018, 06:48:09 AM
Reply #738

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Yet you have him as your avatar Con

Read the caption mate
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 21, 2018, 07:47:56 AM
Reply #739

Jamokachi

And how exactly did you come to this conclusion?

Because I've seen the majority of these players play far, far better than they are. For either Everton, or other clubs. It's not rocket science.

January 21, 2018, 02:37:15 PM
Reply #740

Alanvideo

As if suffering that game yesterday wasn't bad enough ,it got worse for some people as the kopite traffic wardens were out in force. At least 6 people got tickets outside the bingo opposite the Carisbrooke and loads more in the streets round there. Be warned.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 21, 2018, 04:19:51 PM
Reply #741

TheTone

How did big Tosun do yesterday? i've not read much about his performance

January 21, 2018, 04:23:36 PM
Reply #742

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
As if suffering that game yesterday wasn't bad enough ,it got worse for some people as the kopite traffic wardens were out in force. At least 6 people got tickets outside the bingo opposite the Carisbrooke and loads more in the streets round there. Be warned.

Even worse, saw paramedics giving heart compressions to some poor soul lying on the pavement next to the Lime street bus, was obviously in the que when he had a heart attack, we were already on the bus but the bus couldnít pull away so compressions were going on a full 8- 10 minutes before we pulled away and they were still going on.

January 21, 2018, 04:25:04 PM
Reply #743

Jamokachi

Isolated as fuck.

January 21, 2018, 04:26:04 PM
Reply #744

UnsyisaRhino

Put himself about, injured Evans, tried hard to link up but without much success.

Put one great ball in to the box in the first half but ultimately he was starved of service.

January 21, 2018, 05:27:25 PM
Reply #745

Lxxx

Watching the game yesterday, and i know this will probably be an unpopular statement, but Iím not sure it isnít Sig thatís a large part of the problem of know.

I watched him closely and for a number 10 he doesnít get close to the striker, or the opposition box, anywhere near as often as he should in that position.
It feels like we play with a midfield three and a striker a lot of the time which means it looks disjointed. Even when heís playing off the left he doesnít take up positions that hurt the opposition, heís often a Mirallas-lite, making runs across the defence.

Iím not sure what the answer is but for £45m I want him affecting the play a lot more.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:06:39 PM by Lxxx »

January 21, 2018, 05:32:09 PM
Reply #746

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Watching the game yesterday, and i know this will probably be an unpopular statement, but I'm not sure it isn't Sig that isn't a large part of the problem of know.

I watched him closely and for a number 10 he doesn't get close to the striker, or the opposition box, anywhere near as often as he should in that position.
It feels like we play with a midfield three and a striker a lot of the time which means it looks disjointed. Even when he's playing off the left he doesn't take up positions that hurt the opposition, he's often a Mirallas-lite, making runs across the defence.

I'm not sure what the answer is but for £45m I want him affecting the play a lot more.
I don't think he is a no ten tbh
He works tirelessly and would be decent in a three mf
Simply simply lovely

January 21, 2018, 06:01:54 PM
Reply #747

UnsyisaRhino

Watching the game yesterday, and i know this will probably be an unpopular statement, but I’m not sure it isn’t Sig that isn’t a large part of the problem of know.

I watched him closely and for a number 10 he doesn’t get close to the striker, or the opposition box, anywhere near as often as he should in that position.

It feels like we play with a midfield three and a striker a lot of the time which means it looks disjointed. Even when he’s playing off the left he doesn’t take up positions that hurt the opposition, he’s often a Mirallas-lite, making runs across the defence.

I’m not sure what the answer is but for £45m I want him affecting the play a lot more.

I think he was frustrated and dropped deeper to try and effect the play. This was caused by two holding midfielders who didnt show, or move, or take any responsibility for influencing the game at all when we had possesion.

Although i dont think anything worked fot him yesterday.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:03:56 PM by UnsyisaRhino »

January 21, 2018, 06:57:09 PM
Reply #748

Ridge

I wonder with Sig, whether we could put him in defensive midfield instead of Schneiderlin. He plays deep when playing for Iceland and can still contribute much of what he already does going forward with set pieces, some late runs into box and some long range shots. We often end up complaining about how little our defensive midfielders create. I would worry about him changing from chasing with freedom, to needing to hold positions and cover others, but I suspect he could be quite capable of it. He always seems a smart, very disciplined player and has a lot of stamina.

He's a grafter out of possession, but doesn't tend to win the ball back that often, but leave that the Gana. He's not often far enough forward to cut back and cross from left wing. He's not good enough to warrant the central number 10 role he had at Swansea. But he is a utility type player, where he doesn't really excel in any position, wherever he plays doesn't seem to limit him that much in terms of contribution.

January 21, 2018, 07:04:56 PM
Reply #749

Ravardo

Pretty much what i said about him yesterday but what will you then do with rooney?