March 17, 2018, 10:31:25 AM

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 13118 times)

January 21, 2018, 11:59:33 PM
Reply #750

I wonder with Sig, whether we could put him in defensive midfield instead of Schneiderlin. He plays deep when playing for Iceland and can still contribute much of what he already does going forward with set pieces, some late runs into box and some long range shots. We often end up complaining about how little our defensive midfielders create. I would worry about him changing from chasing with freedom, to needing to hold positions and cover others, but I suspect he could be quite capable of it. He always seems a smart, very disciplined player and has a lot of stamina.

He's a grafter out of possession, but doesn't tend to win the ball back that often, but leave that the Gana. He's not often far enough forward to cut back and cross from left wing. He's not good enough to warrant the central number 10 role he had at Swansea. But he is a utility type player, where he doesn't really excel in any position, wherever he plays doesn't seem to limit him that much in terms of contribution.

He spends that much time covering at the minute we may just as well play him left back and just put him on free kicks . Young and Valencia cope with the job . Or maybe not .

January 22, 2018, 12:26:17 AM
Reply #751

NSNO Subscriber
How did big Tosun do yesterday? i've not read much about his performance

Struggled tbh, ball nowhere near him for most of the game, looks like there’s no understanding yet which is fair enough l and got the hook for niasse which was roundly booed.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.