September 26, 2018, 09:39:43 PM

Author Topic: [News]Walcott signs  (Read 10983 times)

February 03, 2018, 06:41:10 AM
Reply #135

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I have been more  impressed with Walcott than any other signing I can think of for years.

The quality just stands out a mile. He's got touch, intelligence and still got pace. He works hard and plays with real intensity.

You dont remain as an attacker for Arsenal for years without being a top, top player.

His signing and Coleman's comeback has given me hope when I had almost given up.

Agreed. I was hopeful we'd have signed him last summer when we were linked, and then people were down on the idea and I kind of wasn't bothered after all.

But he definitely is a cut above, probably our most important player after Pickford. He might become my favorite player since Pienaar.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

February 03, 2018, 03:41:28 PM
Reply #136

Dr. Sponge

A Lennon who can score. I've liked what I've seen of his so far. I know that we've all been able to watch him play for years, but it's different when they're in blue, same as when Barry signed.

February 03, 2018, 07:54:26 PM
Reply #137

gizzblue

A brilliant start for the lad looks a real good buy and hit the ground running too.long may it continue for him and us.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 07:55:54 PM by gizzblue »

February 11, 2018, 05:32:07 AM
Reply #138

Martip

Good again today....really impressed with his shit since he signed....so much more effective than bolasie.

February 11, 2018, 05:38:17 AM
Reply #139

sam of the south

Good again today....really impressed with his shit since he signed....so much more effective than bolasie.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 11, 2018, 05:54:33 AM
Reply #140

eyesalwaysblue

We've got a player somebody should have kept, what a refreshing change....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 11, 2018, 07:05:26 AM
Reply #141

gizzblue

Been quality so far. ..keep it up Theo lad .

February 11, 2018, 01:44:58 PM
Reply #142

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
He's so much better technically than i thought.  Looks  a bargain for what we paid as even when his pace does drop off he looks like he's got the intelligence and ability to play a Pienaar typw role.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 11, 2018, 02:06:45 PM
Reply #143

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
He's so much better technically than i thought.  Looks  a bargain for what we paid as even when his pace does drop off he looks like he's got the intelligence and ability to play a Pienaar typw role.

Heís technically good but Arsenal fans wouldnít agree. It clearly massively helps playing in a team where across 90 minutes itís fairly rare to see a player thinking quick or playing a clever pass, rather that it being the minimum expectation for getting on the pitch.

Not sure if Iím phrasing that very well, but basically we should sign more players who have honed their trade at Arsenal.

February 11, 2018, 02:07:58 PM
Reply #144

Bally

Administrator
It's his intelligence that impresses me, him Rooney and Sigurdsson are probably the most intelligent footballers in the team at the minute, their vision and movement is miles better than anyone else, cant wait for others to latch on to this
It's the roll I way

February 11, 2018, 02:24:49 PM
Reply #145

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
It's his intelligence that impresses me, him Rooney and Sigurdsson are probably the most intelligent footballers in the team at the minute, their vision and movement is miles better than anyone else, cant wait for others to latch on to this

I put Klaassen into this category from what Iíve seen too. With better players like Walcott around him amen Rooney deeper I wonder if itís bring out more in him. I donít think thereís space for all 4 in the first team but a squad needs depth especially if Sam wants to be resting Rooney (and Sig) regularly like against Arsenal

February 11, 2018, 02:49:00 PM
Reply #146

Bally

Administrator
I put Klaassen into this category from what I've seen too. With better players like Walcott around him amen Rooney deeper I wonder if it's bring out more in him. I don't think there's space for all 4 in the first team but a squad needs depth especially if Sam wants to be resting Rooney (and Sig) regularly like against Arsenal
I have not seen enough of Klassen to comment to be fair, so I will take your word my friend.
It's the roll I way

February 11, 2018, 02:59:10 PM
Reply #147

Paddockoldie

When you see Walcott running with the ball at pace you realise how slow most of our players are. He's also ahead with his intelligence on and off the ball too. Good buy all round. I'd like to see Tosun get some of his service because you'd think we still haven't signed a striker yet, such is his absence.

February 11, 2018, 04:44:07 PM
Reply #148

Lxxx

I put Klaassen into this category from what Iíve seen too. With better players like Walcott around him amen Rooney deeper I wonder if itís bring out more in him. I donít think thereís space for all 4 in the first team but a squad needs depth especially if Sam wants to be resting Rooney (and Sig) regularly like against Arsenal

I think in this setup he's got a far better chance of success. You'd like to see him get a go alternating in the Davies role with the brains of Rooney behind him and the speed of Walcott and guile of Sig next to him. He'll also have a willing runner all day long in Niasse.

Clearly I'm basing that off more faith than evidence but I can't believe he was as bad as he first showed for us and even then admittedly he has shown glimpses of one touch class a few times.

February 11, 2018, 05:25:34 PM
Reply #149

Simon Paul

Administrator
looks like he actually gives a shit, but we can soon drill that out of him

doing well though and adding a lot to the team, and hopefully it continues after the World Cup selection is announced