December 12, 2018, 01:06:10 PM

Author Topic: [News]Walcott signs  (Read 12782 times)

January 18, 2018, 03:45:06 PM
Read 12782 times

Lxxx

He’d been at FF since 9am this morning and after the signing was announced he went and did another hour in the gym. Sounds like he could be a top fella

He seems like a proper professional, I don't think we'll see him making snapchat videos of him and his team-mates dancing to hip hop in a Range Rover like the gormless ex-Gunner across the park.

January 19, 2018, 06:58:57 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Iíve been thinking about Mirallas legacy with Everton which you have to say is chequered.

However even Mirallas had the redeeming feature of his goalscoring, and even at the end of his career here after 3 years of some of the shittest, most annoying, disruptive let down performances - youíd still get people saying - Mirallas RW.

Itís understandable, Heís probably been our best goalscoring midfielder since Cahill? In his first 4 years he got 9, 8, 11 and 6 - way better than most others. Fellaini was good for goals but his best year still only beat kevs best by 1 I think.

Walcott scores more goals than Kevin Mirallas, absolutely 100% guaranteed, and I think he could potentially surprise a few here.

Logic would suggest that. In reality, who knows.

January 21, 2018, 04:26:15 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Think he got through the first appearances with adrenaline, which is normal, but now thatís worn off he looks miles away both in fitness and technique.

There was a bit near the end when he was one v one with Dawson and he took ages to play a cross in, when it was made for taking him on. But it looked like his legs were too heavy.

He wonít gain sharpness without playing of course, but youíve got to be effective in some way in the mean time.

He still seems to have the mindset that he has to do a trick and entertain, but he hasnít the fitness or match sharpness to find an end product at the end of it so heís just slowing everything down.

Heíd do well to get an instruction from his boss to speed things up for the good of the team dynamic, until such a time he feels ready to deliver individually.

February 02, 2018, 01:34:56 AM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Complete opposite of Bolasie isn't he. A winger who wants to get in and around the box to try and get on the scoresheet, or at the very least affect play in a dangerous area. He's already beat Bolasie's goal record for us and will probably surpass him on assists in the next few games too. Time for the big man to up his game when he regains match fitness.

February 02, 2018, 02:01:21 AM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Lay off Bolasie a bit lads. He's just come back from an injury that's ended better players career's.

Iím comparing him against pre-injury Bolasie.

February 02, 2018, 08:50:16 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Tell you what @gizzblue lad you’ve been giving me some likes lately. Starting to feel like you might be cracking on.

I'd like that comment but, you know....

February 11, 2018, 04:44:07 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

I put Klaassen into this category from what Iíve seen too. With better players like Walcott around him amen Rooney deeper I wonder if itís bring out more in him. I donít think thereís space for all 4 in the first team but a squad needs depth especially if Sam wants to be resting Rooney (and Sig) regularly like against Arsenal

I think in this setup he's got a far better chance of success. You'd like to see him get a go alternating in the Davies role with the brains of Rooney behind him and the speed of Walcott and guile of Sig next to him. He'll also have a willing runner all day long in Niasse.

Clearly I'm basing that off more faith than evidence but I can't believe he was as bad as he first showed for us and even then admittedly he has shown glimpses of one touch class a few times.

March 20, 2018, 03:21:32 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

and he have a 10 banging them in one league down back next year

He'll be back down there next year too if his form after Xmas is anything to go by.

March 20, 2018, 03:28:01 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

Walcott?
He mentioned our No 10 on loan in the championship who he thinks is coming back next year.

March 21, 2018, 09:40:02 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

He always had a bit of class about him at Arsenal, off the pitch. Was never one of the ones on social media with Wilshere, Welbeck, Ox etc..