December 10, 2018, 03:17:48 PM

Author Topic: [News]Walcott signs  (Read 12688 times)

January 19, 2018, 02:45:30 AM
Read 12688 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If it had been us who had sold Walcott for 20 mill, how many would have been happy with the fee taking into account the state of the market at the mo.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 02, 2018, 02:25:10 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Add Perry fucking Groves to that list. Hated that player but always upped his game against us.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 03, 2018, 06:41:10 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I have been more  impressed with Walcott than any other signing I can think of for years.

The quality just stands out a mile. He's got touch, intelligence and still got pace. He works hard and plays with real intensity.

You dont remain as an attacker for Arsenal for years without being a top, top player.

His signing and Coleman's comeback has given me hope when I had almost given up.

Agreed. I was hopeful we'd have signed him last summer when we were linked, and then people were down on the idea and I kind of wasn't bothered after all.

But he definitely is a cut above, probably our most important player after Pickford. He might become my favorite player since Pienaar.

February 11, 2018, 06:49:42 PM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
A number 10? Are you Ronald Koeman?

February 11, 2018, 07:05:08 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdson plays well off the left.

Rooney plays well in a deeper role.

And klassen doesn't seem to have much future here.

Getting a creative number 10 should be a priority IMO.

I was kidding.

I agree we need a number 10 who is better than the ones we have.

Sig certainly seems to be settling in well at last though, isn't he?

March 21, 2018, 08:25:06 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Definitely my favourite player since Pienaar.

I've always had a thing for wide players though. From Steven to Kanchelskis to Pienaar, now Walcott.

I must be an enabler.

March 21, 2018, 10:23:29 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No, you just like anything that is far right

Don't be an idiot.

Pienaar played on the left.

March 21, 2018, 11:39:53 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott's a gem of a signing. If Allardyce does nothing else with Everton, he was in the box seat when Walcott was signed. They all leave something decent behind before they leave. Obviously I have no idea if Allardyce is off in the summer or not, but the concensus of opinion amongst the fans, is virtually unanimous.

Totally agree. And I think even when his pace does go, he'll still have something to offer. Arguably our best signing in the past couple of years.