November 19, 2018, 08:56:13 AM

Author Topic: On this day....  (Read 1000 times)

January 18, 2018, 01:55:49 PM
Read 1000 times

Macca77

January 18, 2018, 02:49:41 PM
Reply #1

Redartin

Heath's shot was only the second chance Everton had in that games.

Imagine only getting two chances in a game against lower opposition.

Dizzy heights - the good old days.

January 18, 2018, 03:32:11 PM
Reply #2

Lincs Toffee

The tweet after that showing the 'Kids' last year, where the fuck has that confidence gone?
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

January 18, 2018, 03:41:07 PM
Reply #3

Paddockoldie

Thanks for that. Remember it well. It was freezing that night and we slept in a mini bus in a pub car park... that started the golden era I never thought I would see.

January 18, 2018, 03:57:09 PM
Reply #4

formerKHL

ahhh memories memories....

was living in bmouth at the time travelled up with some mates...weren't gonna go tbh but decided to and for 80 mins wished I hadn't...

the nucleus of that team was what took us on to greater things..

hopefully history can repeat itself and the nucleus of this team can take us onto greater things...

January 18, 2018, 08:03:08 PM
Reply #5

Simon Paul

Administrator
Bob Latchford was born 67 years ago today too

January 18, 2018, 09:06:08 PM
Reply #6

formerKHL

I always remember the commentator on radio Merseyside ( cant remember his name) describing a Latchford goal once...

"up goes Latchford...beard anall...) haha class...I was in bed sick and it made me laff...

January 18, 2018, 09:11:24 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
One substitute named.

What happened if more than one player got injured back then? Play with 10 men? Can't imagine anything less than 3 subs. Ridiculous how many are allowed now.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 18, 2018, 09:49:43 PM
Reply #8

formerKHL

yes exactly if 1 got hurt after you used your reserve (that's what they used to be called)

you were down to 10 men....

jumpers for goalposts mate

January 18, 2018, 10:10:37 PM
Reply #9

Tony Clifton

Bob Latchford was born 67 years ago today too

Happy Birthday Latch.

And also to, um, Francisco Junior...  Remember him? 

January 18, 2018, 10:28:23 PM
Reply #10

BlueForYou

Yep - Happy Birthday, Latch!

Nearly re-signed him in '83, but bought Gray instead...................... ........
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 19, 2018, 12:45:50 AM
Reply #11

Paddockoldie

yes exactly if 1 got hurt after you used your reserve (that's what they used to be called)

you were down to 10 men....

jumpers for goalposts mate

Same when the keeper got injured. One of the outfield players went in net. Spoilt to fuck now

January 19, 2018, 02:26:56 PM
Reply #12

Redartin

On this day in 2002 Jeff Astle died. The man responsible for my very first major Everton disappointment . There have been many more since, and they are still happening, but that one really hurt. I was 9 years old.
It's the only thing l associate West Brom with, thus my prediction for this week's game.

January 19, 2018, 07:15:51 PM
Reply #13

bacon sarnie

You had to remind me! Thought we were deffo gonna win that!!

RIP Astle.

January 19, 2018, 07:20:10 PM
Reply #14

bacon sarnie

One substitute named.

What happened if more than one player got injured back then? Play with 10 men? Can't imagine anything less than 3 subs. Ridiculous how many are allowed now.

Only way out was on a stretcher and don't start me on the yellow cards shit. Should go back to one sub and a stern talking to from the ref for the last month of the season for a laugh. Sort wheat from chaff old cock!