May 22, 2018, 11:33:43 AM

Poll

Koeman in?

Yes
24 (23.1%)
No
80 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Should we have kept Koeman?  (Read 3456 times)

January 21, 2018, 07:49:21 PM
Reply #60

Sixx1402

Nah we'd have been in real danger of going down under him as he'd lost the players.

Not that we're much better off now but we'll 'probably' stay up.

Lost all confidence in the club at the minute, can see us finishing around the 40 point mark around 14th in the table

Something has to change in the summer, been a fucking horrible season this
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

January 21, 2018, 08:07:46 PM
Reply #61

Ridge

Definitely and we shouldn't have knee jerked into appointing Allardyce . You could name 10 Managers who wouldn't be good enough and they would all be better than Allardyce . That for me would include Hughes , Silva , McClaren , Hodgson , Puel , Van Gaal , Dyche , Rodgers without even trying too hard . Shambolic .

I agree with the @Shogun 's premise that Koeman is a better manager than most those managers or many of the options we have. His problem was that he wanted to build play, have some possession and we had no experienced players who could do that in the setup that Koeman has always played. Even though they might seem a good fit, it's been tried and it failed in current circumstances, he might be a better manager than others, but we know it doesn't work and nothing has changed since.

Would have taken LVG, he's always tended to blood younger players and has often left a very good base for the next manager to inherit. He has a better range of systems and styles than most of them, so think he could have found a way to make something work. Plus he would potentially enable a better quality of signing than Koeman, Allardyce could attract, and has unfinished business from United spell.

I think the way out of the circumstances was to improve recruitment, which we couldn't do in September/October, and or find a manager who could utilise the squad in a different way, different formation, play more younger players etc. What we've gone for is a poor copy of Koeman, who is more agricultural and even more hard arsed.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:10:10 PM by Ridge »

January 22, 2018, 05:51:16 AM
Reply #62

Bally

Administrator
No doubt that we were a mess under him this season, conceding a ridiculous amount of goals but when you look at where we've ended up since sacking him, would you rather we'd have just kept with him until he got his striker in January or are we definitely doing better now?
No we shouldn't have kept him.
I'd rather have a shitty stick rammed down my urethra
It's the roll I way

January 22, 2018, 06:05:18 AM
Reply #63

Shogun

Administrator
No we shouldn't have kept him.
I'd rather have a shitty stick rammed down my urethra

Think Id take that over Allardyce
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 22, 2018, 06:26:40 AM
Reply #64

Bally

Administrator
Think I'd take that over Allardyce
Oh I'd rather have a hot shitty stick with splinters than the fucking dinosaur
It's the roll I way

January 22, 2018, 07:01:14 AM
Reply #65

Redartin

Here are the last nine results of our last four managers. I picked nine matches because Unsworth only managed for nine:

Martinez.  P 9.    W 0.    D 4.    L 5.    Pts 4     The outcome - sacked.

Koeman.  P 9.    W 2.    D 2.    L 5.    Pts 8.     The outcome - sacked.

Unsworth. P 9.    W 3.    D 1.    L 5.    Pts 10.   The outcome - replaced.

Alldardyce P 9.    W2.    D 3.    L 4.    Pts 11.   

The outcome - we were right to get rid of both Martinez and Koeman, but we are no better off now because of the shit appointment of Big Sam. I added Unsworth to the mix because he was a novice who a lot thought wasn't good enough for the big time yet he was every bit as shit, and as good, as the rest, including Mr 1000 games I've never been relegated.

January 23, 2018, 05:29:36 AM
Reply #66

dunkster

Does that include a win for SA on the day he signed, stood up with kenwright and moshiri?
And am I write in thinking he won a game just a couple of days later when you could argue he hadnt really influenced anything yet?
I seem to recall an article questioning whether we could have held on a bit longer as we had picked up points without Sam doing much.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 23, 2018, 05:43:32 AM
Reply #67

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Here are the last nine results of our last four managers. I picked nine matches because Unsworth only managed for nine:

The outcome - we were right to get rid of both Martinez and Koeman, but we are no better off now because of the shit appointment of Big Sam. I added Unsworth to the mix because he was a novice who a lot thought wasn't good enough for the big time yet he was every bit as shit, and as good, as the rest, including Mr 1000 games I've never been relegated.

Dat new manager slump
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 23, 2018, 07:03:25 PM
Reply #68

Redartin

Does that include a win for SA on the day he signed, stood up with kenwright and moshiri?
And am I write in thinking he won a game just a couple of days later when you could argue he hadnt really influenced anything yet?
I seem to recall an article questioning whether we could have held on a bit longer as we had picked up points without Sam doing much.
No, that only includes his last 9 matches. the game your talking about is in Unsworth's figures.
Again, I only used the last 9 matches for each because that is all the games Unsworth had.

January 24, 2018, 01:31:36 AM
Reply #69

toffee_scot

I could only count 8 games and 2 wins that Unsworth managed, are you including the Norwich game after Martinez left because there was quite a bit of time between those 2 periods.

January 24, 2018, 03:48:10 AM
Reply #70

Redartin

I could only count 8 games and 2 wins that Unsworth managed, are you including the Norwich game after Martinez left because there was quite a bit of time between those 2 periods.
I did count it, because in fairness to him he made changes that day and got a result from a team that only got 4 points from their previous 9 matches.

January 24, 2018, 04:00:34 AM
Reply #71

sirblue57

Should never have appointed him.  Martinez should have been given more time.

FUCK OFF!!!!!
that Charlaton should never have been near the club..another half arsed flavour of the month appointment.
What the fuck is wrong with both the club and supporters that these appointments keep happening, and when we get rid some as t them back/complain they never had enough time?
That fuckwit would have gotten us relegated, Koeman was another shitty choice..but even they pale in comparison to the glorified saviour that is Sam fucking boring hoofball allerdyce.
This is a pathetic debate, as usual, we have a board that talks the talk, but cannot deliver through sheet ineptitude and lack of balls.

Fucking Everton for the.last 20 years though.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.