February 23, 2018, 06:53:52 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce looking to offload deadwood  (Read 2649 times)

January 19, 2018, 07:00:02 PM
Read 2649 times

Everton News

Allardyce looking to offload deadwood

Everton boss Sam Allardyce says he is not looking to expand the squad any further this month until players are shipped out.

Source: Allardyce looking to offload deadwood

January 19, 2018, 07:10:49 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Would that include our Director of Football?

January 19, 2018, 07:16:52 PM
Reply #2

ally2

Ah "dead wood". Lovely expression!

January 19, 2018, 07:22:26 PM
Reply #3

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I think if you offered me a scrabble style letter swap with our squad where a random new squad was generated using premier league players I would probably take it

Would also take that swap with the manager

We probably shouldn't  be letting him make big signings as he 100% isn't the man to take us forward
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 19, 2018, 07:29:54 PM
Reply #4

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think if you offered me a scrabble style letter swap with our squad where a random new squad was generated using premier league players I would probably take it

We probably shouldn't  be letting him make big signings as he 100% isn't the man to take us forward

I badly hope that software exists somewhere because i want to try it

January 19, 2018, 07:30:39 PM
Reply #5

Bluemac34

So, no more signings, Cuco must be happy, or is Garbutt going to be registered? :bonk: :headbang:

January 19, 2018, 07:31:17 PM
Reply #6

Ross

Or even let him decided whoís for sale.

Itís the same cluster fuck we had with Koeman and the DoF role all over again. Our recruitment in all areas associated with the club seems a shambles and has done since Moshiri came in.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 19, 2018, 07:51:28 PM
Reply #7

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Or even let him decided whoís for sale.

Itís the same cluster fuck we had with Koeman and the DoF role all over again. Our recruitment in all areas associated with the club seems a shambles and has done since Moshiri came in.

Donít think his signings so far, Cenk and Walcott are a shambles, am quite pleased with them.

January 19, 2018, 08:03:32 PM
Reply #8

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
If one steps back the hysteria over Allardyce in all threads is really interesting to observe.
Not sure that I've ever been aware of it with a new manager at any club in the past with the exception of Huges going to Stoke when someone parked on a bridge over the M6 with a 'Hughes out' banner the day he signed.
It must be quite baffling to outsiders mixed in with some amusement.

The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 19, 2018, 08:04:44 PM
Reply #9

Macca77

There's enough deadwood in our squad to rebuild Noah's Ark

January 19, 2018, 08:42:28 PM
Reply #10

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
There's enough deadwood in our squad to rebuild Noah's Ark

Those poor animals they'd have no chance!!  :titanic:

January 19, 2018, 08:51:38 PM
Reply #11

Macca77

Those poor animals they'd have no chance!!  :titanic:

The animals went in two by two, Hurrah! Hurrah! The animals went in two by two, the elephant and the kangaroo, and they all went into the ark for to get out of the rain

January 19, 2018, 08:54:35 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Thankfully we haven't.

These two signings are fine and not expensive but were absolutely necessary to improve us even in the short term.

I'd like to see a left back come in, but if not maybe it's because Baines will be back soon. If we can limp over the finish line with Baines for the next 16 or so games, and then find a replacement in the summer, I'd go with that.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 19, 2018, 08:55:54 PM
Reply #13

Bluedylan

If one steps back the hysteria over Allardyce in all threads is really interesting to observe.
Not sure that I've ever been aware of it with a new manager at any club in the past with the exception of Huges going to Stoke when someone parked on a bridge over the M6 with a 'Hughes out' banner the day he signed.
It must be quite baffling to outsiders mixed in with some amusement.

Not hysteria at all. Just a lot of people don't like or rate the manager, based upon decades of available evidence.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 19, 2018, 09:10:00 PM
Reply #14

bacon sarnie

Real Deadwood for the former England manager. Lots of swearies for those down the salt mines....(work)