September 25, 2018, 05:56:05 AM

Author Topic: McCarthy  (Read 5235 times)

January 21, 2018, 08:26:51 AM
Reply #45

Jamokachi

Some fella in the Street End fainted when he saw the injury

Pussy  :smug:

January 21, 2018, 03:03:33 PM
Reply #46

Fynci

The guy loves Everton
Nah fair play for that

Didnít Rondon come to applaud our fans at the end of a game for some reason or other or did I imagine that?

January 21, 2018, 03:06:19 PM
Reply #47

Ramjam

Didn't Rondon come to applaud our fans at the end of a game for some reason or other or did I imagine that?

Rondon seems like a proper gent, Evertonian behaviour from the big fella
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 21, 2018, 03:07:21 PM
Reply #48

Lxxx

Itís a shame as this summer would have been an opportunity for a fresh start for him away from here. At wherever Martin OíNeill takes over probably, so we could have moved for a player who is at the level that we need.

January 21, 2018, 03:15:24 PM
Reply #49

The Analog Kid

Why do people jump on the "career ending" bandwagon so soon? Who was the last player to have their career ended by a broken leg? He'll be back.

Itís not so much the broken leg, itís one thing after another for him innit. The guy never seems to have any luck.

January 21, 2018, 03:16:54 PM
Reply #50

Jamokachi

Itís not so much the broken leg, itís one thing after another for him innit. The guy never seems to have any luck.

I get that with him, but it was the same with Coleman. People just love being melodramatic.

January 21, 2018, 03:30:24 PM
Reply #51

eugene

Just get the feeling when a player has an injury such as this they are never quite the same, especially a hard tackling player such as James, just feel they are always that little more cautious in the tackle. Good luck James

January 21, 2018, 04:38:22 PM
Reply #52

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Why do people jump on the "career ending" bandwagon so soon? Who was the last player to have their career ended by a broken leg? He'll be back.

I don't think its career ending, but I can't think of a player who has ever come back as good as or better than the player they were before. Unless they're really young when it happened.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:39:29 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 21, 2018, 04:46:04 PM
Reply #53

Elgoodo1978

I don't think its career ending, but I can't think of a player who has ever come back as good as or better than the player they were before. Unless they're really young when it happened.

Aaron Ramsey but it took a while for him to get back to form. I think he was around 21 when it happened
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:47:11 PM by Elgoodo1978 »

January 21, 2018, 04:54:00 PM
Reply #54

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Aaron Ramsey but it took a while for him to get back to form. I think he was around 21 when it happened

Plenty of people blame the injury for him not reaching his full potential. I suppose it's difficult to tell.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 21, 2018, 05:17:26 PM
Reply #55

Gash

Global Moderator
I get that with him, but it was the same with Coleman. People just love being melodramatic.

Ari had McCarthy's funeral planned within about 37 seconds of the tackle. ;)

January 21, 2018, 05:39:45 PM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Rondon seems like a proper gent, Evertonian behaviour from the big fella
That and the fact heís another striker who canít score. Heíd fit in here perfectly.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

January 21, 2018, 05:46:16 PM
Reply #57

gizzblue

That and the fact he's another striker who can't score. He'd fit in here perfectly.
Not to mention under Sam one player in their half ,like yesterday was too many .

January 22, 2018, 05:46:35 AM
Reply #58

Bally

Administrator
Didn't Rondon come to applaud our fans at the end of a game for some reason or other or did I imagine that?
He came over to the FE Gwladys st end to give the kids his tops and signed stuff got pics with them and that, fist bumps, the kids were buzzing, last season or the season before I think
He fucking rum the shop yesterday
It's the roll I way

January 23, 2018, 12:36:13 AM
Reply #59

griff969

Been supporting the blues since 1979 and struggle to remember too many similar type of injuries during much of that time, now we see Oviedo, Coleman and McCarthy within 3 or 4 years??

Evertonian ever since Andy King smashed the ball past Ray Clemence