October 16, 2018, 06:06:34 AM

Author Topic: McCarthy  (Read 5381 times)

January 23, 2018, 12:53:12 AM
Reply #60

gizzblue

Been supporting the blues since 1979 and struggle to remember too many similar type of injuries during much of that time, now we see Oviedo, Coleman and McCarthy within 3 or 4 years??
Andy King's broken leg was the first injury I remember .
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:03:45 AM by gizzblue »

January 23, 2018, 01:42:03 AM
Reply #61

School of Science

Been supporting the blues since 1979 and struggle to remember too many similar type of injuries during much of that time, now we see Oviedo, Coleman and McCarthy within 3 or 4 years??

Lots of injuries attributed to these football boots with blades underneath instead of studs. Keep getting caught in the turf apparently. Sure I've heard it somewhere anyway.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 23, 2018, 02:02:09 AM
Reply #62

cantoffee

Speed of the game and strength of the players has increased a lot over the last 15 years as well so when these impacts happen the chances of injury are higher.

January 23, 2018, 08:43:16 AM
Reply #63

boothill

i remember the sound jim beglins made, still hear it every now and then, horrible

January 23, 2018, 08:46:45 AM
Reply #64

boothill

Lots of injuries attributed to these football boots with blades underneath instead of studs. Keep getting caught in the turf apparently. Sure I've heard it somewhere anyway.
strachan banned blades

January 23, 2018, 04:26:20 PM
Reply #65

Lxxx

We have been unlucky to be hit with four major injuries in 12 months in Bolasie, Coleman, Mori and McCarthy. The first three would have played a part in our first team all year, it's easy to forget this when we moan about looking disjointed and being poorly resourced.

January 23, 2018, 05:10:31 PM
Reply #66

School of Science

We have been unlucky to be hit with four major injuries in 12 months in Bolasie, Coleman, Mori and McCarthy. The first three would have played a part in our first team all year, it's easy to forget this when we moan about looking disjointed and being poorly resourced.

Add Barkley to that, I know he's not here now like.

January 23, 2018, 05:22:25 PM
Reply #67

Lxxx

Add Barkley to that, I know he's not here now like.

True. He would have played this season up till January, probably improving a midfield that looks scared of doing anything individually with the ball apart from treating it like a hot potato. Now granted Barkley sometimes treated it like his very own potato half the time but at least it would have been a different option.

January 23, 2018, 05:37:22 PM
Reply #68

Lincs Toffee

True. He would have played this season up till January, probably improving a midfield that looks scared of doing anything individually with the ball apart from treating it like a hot potato. Now granted Barkley sometimes treated it like his very own potato half the time but at least it would have been a different option.
I think we underestimate how much of a miss Barkley or someone of similar ability is to be able to pick the ball up deep and carry it forward releasing our attackers with a killer pass...shit I cant remember the last time I saw that.
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

January 23, 2018, 05:40:03 PM
Reply #69

Lxxx

I think we underestimate how much of a miss Barkley or someone of similar ability is to be able to pick the ball up deep and carry it forward releasing our attackers with a killer pass...shit I cant remember the last time I saw that.

It's a fair point and one which we'll inevitably think while we're struggling, however we can't forget the dogs abuse he got on here though for doing those very things. It's like how I sometimes think of the ex missus as she was great in bed, I remember some of the good stuff but then I realise she was a fuckin fruit loop and I binned her off for a very good reason.

January 23, 2018, 06:11:13 PM
Reply #70

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
Andy King's broken leg was the first injury I remember .

I remember John Connolly breaking his leg. Don't think he ever came back.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

January 23, 2018, 06:13:39 PM
Reply #71

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Any news on mori and Coleman?

January 23, 2018, 06:16:00 PM
Reply #72

bacon sarnie

I remember John Connolly breaking his leg. Don't think he ever came back.

Yeah. what a player he was too. Wonder what happened to him?

January 23, 2018, 06:23:45 PM
Reply #73

School of Science

Agree with this, in my opinion we are crying out for a ball carrying midfielder with a turn of pace, similar to a Barkley, pre rat or better still an Arteta type player.......and a left back...

January 23, 2018, 06:33:07 PM
Reply #74

Gash

Global Moderator
Yeah. what a player he was too. Wonder what happened to him?

Managed Queen of the South for a few years and won the Second Division title, St Johnstone then came in for him but he lasted less than a season there and was replaced by Owen Coyle. I haven't heard anything of him since.