November 21, 2018, 09:58:29 PM

Author Topic: McCarthy  (Read 5608 times)

January 23, 2018, 06:40:00 PM
Reply #75

formerKHL

Agree with this, in my opinion we are crying out for a ball carrying midfielder with a turn of pace, similar to a Barkley, pre rat or better still an Arteta type player.......and a left back...

id take a ball holding midfielder who can spot a pass... then make it... and make the forwards work for the ball in a channel which subsequently creates a chance...

ala mata...fabregas etc....

January 23, 2018, 07:05:33 PM
Reply #76

Lxxx

id take a ball holding midfielder who can spot a pass... then make it... and make the forwards work for the ball in a channel which subsequently creates a chance...

ala mata...fabregas etc....

We do also need a midfielder that is comfortable with the ball and moving with it, even if it is just dropping a shoulder and committing a man. The one big difference between Kante and Gueye is he does this and starts an attack as well as breaking one up. We're crying out for someone who can do this, or isn't afraid to have a go at it.

January 23, 2018, 07:08:01 PM
Reply #77

dazfrancis

True. He would have played this season up till January, probably improving a midfield that looks scared of doing anything individually with the ball apart from treating it like a hot potato. Now granted Barkley sometimes treated it like his very own potato half the time but at least it would have been a different option.

I can't help but think Barkley would have been more influential in some games than Sigurdsson. Yes, Barkley is too prone to having a stinker and when he does he is no use but if he hits a little bit of form he offer the ability to beat a man or two which Rooney and Sigurdsson don't have.

Some games might have been different with his pace and power

January 23, 2018, 07:08:42 PM
Reply #78

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Any news on mori and Coleman?

Coleman in the under 23 squad tonight.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

January 23, 2018, 08:45:54 PM
Reply #79

Lincs Toffee

Coleman in the under 23 squad tonight.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Is there anywhere we can watch this ?
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 23, 2018, 08:48:21 PM
Reply #80

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

January 23, 2018, 08:51:53 PM
Reply #81

Lincs Toffee

I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 23, 2018, 08:52:48 PM
Reply #82

Lincs Toffee

I should have checked twitter myself , lazy arse

January 23, 2018, 11:00:11 PM
Reply #83

School of Science

Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 23, 2018, 11:04:46 PM
Reply #84

Toddacelli

I went out of my way to look up the pics.

I don't think it's sick - I just wanted to know where on the leg the break was.

For anyone else who was interested - it was quite low down the leg - near the ankle. I don't know why, but I'm expecting that might make it slightly more complicated*

*I have zero medical knowledge

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 23, 2018, 11:08:55 PM
Reply #85

Toddacelli

Additional:

The stuff about Rondon sounds really good. Seems a gent. MOTD highlights (if you can call them that) made him look like he was playing with the Spirit of Cyrille in that number 9 shirt.

Sad day for both sets of fans.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 24, 2018, 06:54:29 AM
Reply #86

bacon sarnie

Managed Queen of the South for a few years and won the Second Division title, St Johnstone then came in for him but he lasted less than a season there and was replaced by Owen Coyle. I haven't heard anything of him since.

Thanks Gash - made me search the web and found loads on the man. Not sure if I should stick this on as its a rival so delete as appropo....

http://toffeeweb.com/season/12-13/comment/editorial/24411.html

He was a player alright front teeth or no.

January 24, 2018, 07:28:01 PM
Reply #87

Macca77

January 24, 2018, 07:31:53 PM
Reply #88

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

January 24, 2018, 11:00:10 PM
Reply #89

Redartin

Coleman is amazing,

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/956145981812301824

I see the Republic are in the same group as Wales in the nations league, no doubt Marty will be picking Seamus, probably McCarthy too.