May 28, 2018, 12:29:28 PM

Author Topic: [News]Watford blame Everton for Silva decline  (Read 5327 times)

January 21, 2018, 06:55:39 PM
Reply #30

Jamokachi

So does anyone still want him?

Yes

January 21, 2018, 07:11:32 PM
Reply #31

kramer0

Watford don't like easy money?

They could have rinsed us.

January 21, 2018, 07:44:26 PM
Reply #32

GrantyBoy78

Makes sense from Watford - they would’ve got relegated under Silva.

January 21, 2018, 07:47:29 PM
Reply #33

GrantyBoy78

Will we go for him in the summer? Whichever manager we get needs funds and a couple of seasons to get some cohesion from this ‘team’. And they’ll be even more turnover with the likes of Jags leaving in the summer, which won’t help. Would our board have enough trust in Silva after the way it’s panned out for him?

January 21, 2018, 08:01:52 PM
Reply #34

Waltzer

Think we need to question Moshiri if Silva isnt appointed. It was only a couple of months ago that he jeopardised our season in his relentless pursuit of him and even offered 12 million. It was an act of desperation that he turned to Allardyce, and lets be honest, he isnt doing that great and the style of football is woeful. If Moshiri doesnt go out an get in, for me, it makes me question his decision making if hes now decided he isnt the option and isnt worth perusing

January 21, 2018, 08:15:41 PM
Reply #35

Sixx1402

I would like him yes, think he deserves a chance at a club with decent spending clout to mould a team, he hasn't had that with his last 2 clubs.

And to be fair they were flying until we came in for him.

But Allardyce won't be going anywhere until the summer so I think we can forget about this one as he'll probably have taken another job by then
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

January 21, 2018, 08:20:18 PM
Reply #36

Rodenplav64

Think we need to question Moshiri if Silva isnt appointed. It was only a couple of months ago that he jeopardised our season in his relentless pursuit of him and even offered 12 million. It was an act of desperation that he turned to Allardyce, and lets be honest, he isnt doing that great and the style of football is woeful. If Moshiri doesnt go out an get in, for me, it makes me question his decision making if hes now decided he isnt the option and isnt worth perusing

You haven't already questioned Moshiris decision making ?

January 21, 2018, 08:35:36 PM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Poor excuse from Watford. He had a decent start in his first eight games then it fell apart. It happens to plenty of the also-rans in the top flight and always has.

This sounds very familiar.

January 21, 2018, 08:38:04 PM
Reply #38

The Analog Kid

What a fucking palaver.

Cant stand that stuff. The meringue gives me toothache.

January 21, 2018, 08:46:57 PM
Reply #39

toffee_scot

Watford are a strange club who love hiring and firing managers. I think their managers actually have very little say on the recruitment side of things so there will always be a lot of friction between the manager and the hierarchy over the extent of control over the footballing side.

I think Allardyce's position will be safe until at least the summer unless things really get worse for Everton and he can't reverse our poor form. We are coming towards the end of a transfer window where the current manager will have had his input on how to improve the team and to honest, can the club really go through another manager upheaval again in a season which is only really past the halfway point? As much as I hate having this guy in charge of the club I would rather get through this season before sorting out properly the managerial issue at the club.

I am not sure anyway if Silva is the right person to take Everton forward especially if it will take another radical squad upheaval to get the club playing the way he wants them to.

January 21, 2018, 08:53:27 PM
Reply #40

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I would like him yes, think he deserves a chance at a club with decent spending clout to mould a team, he hasn't had that with his last 2 clubs.

And to be fair they were flying until we came in for him.

But Allardyce won't be going anywhere until the summer so I think we can forget about this one as he'll probably have taken another job by then

Why does he deserve a chance? He's been in management less than 10 years and has changed club at least once a season with little to no success in big leagues. A relegation and a sacking in the prem is hardly a great foundation to go on. And if it is true that we turned his head, then it shows weak leadership that he couldn't turn himself round and focus on the job he is paid millions each year to work at.

He is the epitome of a journeyman manager.

So no thanks. I don't want Sam either, but I've never wanted Silva.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 21, 2018, 09:02:01 PM
Reply #41

arteta4spain

Why does he deserve a chance? He's been in management less than 10 years and has changed club at least once a season with little to no success in big leagues. A relegation and a sacking in the prem is hardly a great foundation to go on. And if it is true that we turned his head, then it shows weak leadership that he couldn't turn himself round and focus on the job he is paid millions each year to work at.

He is the epitome of a journeyman manager.

So no thanks. I don't want Sam either, but I've never wanted Silva.
Feel the same he gives off a Martinez vibe to me so no thanks!

January 21, 2018, 09:08:14 PM
Reply #42

SANA_DR0

Will we go for him in the summer? Whichever manager we get needs funds and a couple of seasons to get some cohesion from this ‘team’. And they’ll be even more turnover with the likes of Jags leaving in the summer, which won’t help. Would our board have enough trust in Silva after the way it’s panned out for him?

I dont personally want him anymore, but whichever manager we should go for, we should get now.. give him ten days to buy and get rid of players..  i dread to think how the season will end up keeping Allardyce at the helm.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 21, 2018, 09:13:44 PM
Reply #43

Waltzer

You haven't already questioned Moshiris decision making ?

Once or twice granted :) But his haphazard approach does concern me

January 21, 2018, 09:26:36 PM
Reply #44

eugene

Will we go for him in the summer? Whichever manager we get needs funds and a couple of seasons to get some cohesion from this "team'. And they'll be even more turnover with the likes of Jags leaving in the summer, which won't help. Would our board have enough trust in Silva after the way it's panned out for him?
Like fuckin Groundhog Day this and it comes from the top!
We were better with nish