October 20, 2018, 09:29:35 AM

Poll

Who do you want to see starting upfront for the next few games?

Tosun
38 (37.3%)
DCL
12 (11.8%)
Niasse
0 (0%)
Richarlison
43 (42.2%)
Walcott
5 (4.9%)
Other
4 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: Main Striker - Lets have a poll  (Read 4289 times)

September 26, 2018, 04:10:53 PM
Reply #105

Macca77

Nice to see Kevin Richardson back out of retirement. The phrase 'utility player' was invented by him and Alan Harper in the 80's.

Alan Harper's nickname is still the greatest ever, "mooncat"

September 26, 2018, 04:11:24 PM
Reply #106

Elgoodo1978

Nice to see Kevin Richardson back out of retirement. The phrase 'utility player' was invented by him and Alan Harper in the 80's.

Hehe, Bastard thought I changed in time.

September 26, 2018, 04:14:31 PM
Reply #107

Toddacelli

Hehe, Bastard thought I changed in time.

Nope! And who told you my first name? :)

#SorryNotSorry

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 26, 2018, 04:37:12 PM
Reply #108

Bob Sacamano

I'm not wound up at all. The stat clearly says nothing about the development of young players though and that's all I'm saying.
It implies that players making their debut before the age of 24 are ahead of the curve but it's plainly untrue. Not remotely wound up or angry about it
I'm not sure if you're joking or not. The stat is about players making their debuts in the premier league. Are you really suggesting he hasn't been bought because he's not ready to play a single minute for a single premier league club.
Are you telling me he's behind all the young players who've played a single minute of league football for us

I thought you only dealt in absolutes? If a middle ground is ever presented to you you seems to fly off the handle.

September 26, 2018, 08:52:15 PM
Reply #109

bluenuck

Canít compare Jesus with DCL.

Was just answering the question

September 27, 2018, 01:27:01 AM
Reply #110

KoemansNumberTens

I thought you only dealt in absolutes? If a middle ground is ever presented to you you seems to fly off the handle.

Why would I fly off the handle. All I'm saying is the stat is utterly meaningless in terms of the development of a young player. Surprised anyone disagrees because it's an absolute

September 27, 2018, 08:48:17 AM
Reply #111

SANA_DR0

Ah, well that settles it. Thread closed.

lol, i was just stating my answer as per the thread topic.

i'd rather have 2 up top tho.. not sure which 2 tho.

but if its main striker.. its gotta be Tosun, as he offers a lot more than DCL (even tho i love DCL and think he will be great for us)
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 27, 2018, 12:39:36 PM
Reply #112

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Forwards bottle good chances all the time. The best finishers in the world only finish about 25% of their shots and not all of those misses are coming under pressure or from range.

Better to let the guy who gets into good positions play through his failures.

More bullshit. That logic dictates Niasse to start every game as he always takes up the best positions.

How can you be one one one with the keeper and not even take a shot. I mean he has to pass it but if he doesnít, he has to shoot. I think thatís a droppable offence right there.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 27, 2018, 12:44:09 PM
Reply #113

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I disagree. If the 20yr old abroad was ready to play week in week out in the richest league in the world then they would have been bought at 20 years old and playing week in week out in the richest league in the world.

Apart from the few select super clubs thereís no player in the world that a PL club couldnít afford to bring in.

This suggests to me that theyíre brought when theyíre ready.

Look at Lozano for example. Talked about one of the best youngsters in the world. Yet no premier league club will buy him because heís not ready yet. Once a young player has developed they will play. Iíd imagine you will see this kid in the PL when he heís closer to his mid-20s.

I think youíve put your stock in DCL failing and to just stick it in every time you can. Internet forum points and all that.

Personally I think DCL is on track in his development. You can learn how to finish. Thatís why they go to training each day.

Maybe you can teach finishing(I donít think you can, you either have it or you dont)but you canít teach composure. DCL has none of it.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 27, 2018, 12:47:12 PM
Reply #114

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
This idea of playing main striker is a bot stupid. Play a front three and telll them to roam wherever they want. Let them interchange  and move around.

September 27, 2018, 02:16:03 PM
Reply #115

Toddacelli

This idea of playing main striker is a bot stupid. Play a front three and telll them to roam wherever they want. Let them interchange  and move around.

This looks great when top teams are doing it well, however I suspect it's a bit more complicated than telling them to roam wherever they want. There's things such as shape, formation and instructions when we don't have the ball and the midfield needing to know where the strikers are when they win back possession.

But I would love to see us playing with a fluid front three. And we might already have the players to do it...

September 27, 2018, 02:19:25 PM
Reply #116

Juanito

Maybe you can teach finishing(I donít think you can, you either have it or you dont)but you canít teach composure. DCL has none of it.

I would agree that DCL has very little composure at the moment but think that can come with time, maturity and experience in 1-1 situations. To raise a nueroscentific point, his brain is still developing. I donít think he should be our first choice now and hope he gets a good loan somewhere to aid his development.

September 27, 2018, 02:23:23 PM
Reply #117

Toddacelli

I would agree that DCL has very little composure at the moment but think that can come with time, maturity and experience in 1-1 situations. To raise a nueroscentific point, his brain is still developing. I donít think he should be our first choice now and hope he gets a good loan somewhere to aid his development.

Go ed lad - there's not nearly enough neuroscientific points in these threads!

Genuinely though, it's an interesting point that his brain is still developing at his age - further backs up the thinking that he and one or two others still have the potential to develop further.

October 03, 2018, 06:05:52 AM
Reply #118

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Did he have a shot tonight the baklava James Vaughan?

Think bringing on Niasse was a bad move. Wouldn’t have took Lookman off, but gone with richarlison up top and maybe got gueye as lone sitting midfielder.

Is what it is though, our lot couldn’t score in a brothel could they. Wonder what January and marcel’s briefcase will bring a few of these.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 03, 2018, 04:31:38 PM
Reply #119

Normm

Think bringing on Niasse was a bad move. Wouldnít have took Lookman off, but gone with richarlison up top and maybe got gueye as lone sitting midfielder.

I agree with this. We need better movement and options up front for passes from midfield - otherwise, the ball goes sideways and backwards too many times.

Also, Baines should be coaching on pens during training. He can get them focused on what's required - he has proven his ability on free-kicks/pens on numerous occasions.