February 16, 2019, 01:28:38 PM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 52078 times)

May 18, 2018, 02:55:04 PM
Reply #150

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon there's substance to it myself.

I've said for a while now I think he's the one funding the whole operation.

May 18, 2018, 02:57:23 PM
Reply #151

Waltzer

Reckon there's substance to it myself.

I've said for a while now I think he's the one funding the whole operation.

I genuinely hope you're right, but it doesnt explain why he offered 1 billion to buy Arsenal out only last summer if that was his intention? He clearly has a vested interest as hes sponsored our training ground, but im unsure if it goes much further than that.

May 18, 2018, 03:04:01 PM
Reply #152

Makis

??? Again, why pay 400m of your own money if someone else will do it for you? Nothing to do with FFP
So why would he buy Everton? Or to put it otherwise: if he bought Everton and then put none of his money at the club why would we want him? He's a crooked Russian businessman, if he's not putting his money in the club we'd be better off.

Club will pay to the tune of 20 million for the stadium per year for the next 40 years. 20 million that can't be used to e.g. pay wages. By paying for the stadium he would effectively boost Everton's income by that much. This would be AFAIK within FFP rules. Giving money outright or buying sponshorship deals which are worth way more than they should are not. So, pay for the stadium, rent it at peppercorn rate and let the club keep all the income == huge increase in turnover for the club

May 18, 2018, 03:14:40 PM
Reply #153

Bob Sacamano

I think they missed a trick when appointing Denise here lads. 👆 lolol

May 18, 2018, 03:20:48 PM
Reply #154

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
No chairman can just come in and spend serious money on transfers any more. It's such an odd point to raise .

An odd 20m here or there to them is irrelevant though, and that's the kind of investment levels on the pitch that we can hope for.

He won't have 400m just sitting in his arse pocket either. It's in shares, bonds, properties and imagined value of companies.

Also, the council is only lending us 280m from the central scheme.
So we still have to pony up 120m.
And on top of that, only a stark raving lunatic thinks this stadium will remain at 400m cost. Rest assured it will be more to the tune of 550-600m.
Where do you think the rest will be coming from?

That's not counting the financial corners that will be cut whilst laundering money and getting 'mates rates' on things like steel.

May 18, 2018, 03:30:10 PM
Reply #155

Bob Sacamano

Extra points to mick for the phrase pony up

May 18, 2018, 03:40:08 PM
Reply #156

Waltzer

No chairman can just come in and spend serious money on transfers any more. It's such an odd point to raise .

An odd 20m here or there to them is irrelevant though, and that's the kind of investment levels on the pitch that we can hope for.

He won't have 400m just sitting in his arse pocket either. It's in shares, bonds, properties and imagined value of companies.

If Usmanov did come in wed spend loads, just look at PSG over recent years, there are a million and one ways around FFP. Also, with a wealth in excess of 9 billion id be willing to bet he has got 400 million in his back pocket, or easily accessible, not that I think he would blow it on a stadium

May 18, 2018, 03:41:16 PM
Reply #157

Lxxx

Why would we loan the money for the stadium through LCC if Usmanov could just loan the whole cost with zero interest?

So no, I don't believe this.

Hes not a fan hes a bloke worth a lot of money in assets acquired through various means.

Im sure if he gets involved itll be by utilising his network and influence to assist us, not by writing cheques for hundreds of millions. Not even Abramovich has done that.

May 18, 2018, 03:47:57 PM
Reply #158

Makis

So basically I will hope he will not buy us. A crooked Russian businessman who can do no more than what Moshiri is doing. The club will still pay the stadium in full and also fund players purchases.

And yes, I think I have a pretty good idea how rich people keep their money. Usmanov, however, is worth well over 10 billion dollars. He wouldn't need to pull that money out of his arse pocket straight away. He could lend it from someone else for a very low margin (since he has so much assets, there's practically no risk involved for the lender) and use that to fund the stadium. Then he would have a half-a-billion pound asset for which he could easily pay for later. How do you people think rich people fund a multi-billion dollar deal? WIth a cheque or credit card?

May 18, 2018, 03:52:01 PM
Reply #159

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
So basically I will hope he will not buy us. A crooked Russian businessman who can do no more than what Moshiri is doing. The club will still pay the stadium in full and also fund players purchases.

And yes, I think I have a pretty good idea how rich people keep their money. Usmanov, however, is worth well over 10 billion dollars. He wouldn't need to pull that money out of his arse pocket straight away. He could lend it from someone else for a very low margin (since he has so much assets, there's practically no risk involved for the lender) and use that to fund the stadium. Then he would have a half-a-billion pound asset for which he could easily pay for later. How do you people think rich people fund a multi-billion dollar deal? WIth a cheque or credit card?

If only you had been around before they appointed Denise  lolol

May 18, 2018, 03:57:55 PM
Reply #160

SANA_DR0

I genuinely hope you're right, but it doesnt explain why he offered 1 billion to buy Arsenal out only last summer if that was his intention? He clearly has a vested interest as hes sponsored our training ground, but im unsure if it goes much further than that.

I read last year, He wanted to buy them shares to pass them onto his children(I think to his daughter)
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 18, 2018, 04:00:06 PM
Reply #161

Macca77

If Usmanov did come in wed spend loads, just look at PSG over recent years, there are a million and one ways around FFP. Also, with a wealth in excess of 9 billion id be willing to bet he has got 400 million in his back pocket, or easily accessible, not that I think he would blow it on a stadium

If he hasn't got it in his pocket, he could always withdraw it from the cash machine outside the sweet shop on County Road

May 18, 2018, 04:31:44 PM
Reply #162

Makis

If only you had been around before they appointed Denise  lolol
What the fuck does that mean?

May 18, 2018, 04:32:32 PM
Reply #163

themilkycoffees

If he hasn't got it in his pocket, he could always withdraw it from the cash machine outside the sweet shop on County Road

Or check his front pocket instead.

May 18, 2018, 04:33:18 PM
Reply #164

Macca77

Or check his front pocket instead.

Or bum bag