August 21, 2019, 01:44:22 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 62773 times)

February 14, 2019, 03:36:12 AM
Reply #750

KoemansNumberTens

Nah. I know it does sound a bit like history repeating from last season but this squad are under-achieving. The whole is definitely less than the sum of it’s parts.

We need a Pochettino, although doesn’t everyone, but a similar manager with a plan and a strong personality to match. Money on top would be nice of course but underpinning it all there needs to be a strategy otherwise it all goes down the toilet, as the past 18 months have proved.

Of course we need a good manager too but generally them good managers are attracted to the teams with money.

Of course we are underperforming but par is a comfortable 7th and miles away from the top 6. For us to have a realistic chance of achieving more we’d need a lot of money

Spurs are doing great but they have found a 200m striker in their youth team\ that really helps

February 14, 2019, 03:59:58 AM
Reply #751

Lxxx

Of course we need a good manager too but generally them good managers are attracted to the teams with money.

Of course we are underperforming but par is a comfortable 7th and miles away from the top 6. For us to have a realistic chance of achieving more we’d need a lot of money

Spurs are doing great but they have found a 200m striker in their youth team\ that really helps

He hasn’t played for about 6 weeks and they've hardly missed him. Granted they struck lucky with him but what they have created as a group is now greater than one player, as good as he is.

It didn’t happen overnight and they went through a few duds but once they identified the right man they developed a plan and stuck to it.

February 14, 2019, 04:19:15 AM
Reply #752

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

That wouldn't be par?

I'm not much of a golfer admittedly but isn't par like, the average level of what we should expect?

Comfortable 7th was the height of our ambition to this year in the league. The very best possible outcome.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 14, 2019, 04:42:41 AM
Reply #753

Martip

That wouldn't be par?

I'm not much of a golfer admittedly but isn't par like, the average level of what we should expect?

Comfortable 7th was the height of our ambition to this year in the league. The very best possible outcome.
Looking at the lack of quality in and around that area I really think we should have achieved it at a canter.

May 22, 2019, 09:37:38 AM
Reply #754

Ramjam

Mmm

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 22, 2019, 12:54:11 PM
Reply #755

Simon Paul

Administrator
Mmm

Were they discussing how difficult that would be, given the fact that 5,000 or so (15% ish) shares are in the hands of small shareholders who won't want to sell?

May 22, 2019, 12:59:25 PM
Reply #756

Ramjam

Were they discussing how difficult that would be, given the fact that 5,000 or so (15% ish) shares are in the hands of small shareholders who won't want to sell?
Everything and everyone is for sale, it’s just a matter of price

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 22, 2019, 01:08:48 PM
Reply #757

Waltzer

I kind of hope Usmanov buys another club just to put this to bed, they are business partners in other ventures and im pretty sure every time they meet up it inst to talk about Everton, who by the way, Usmanov could've bought whenever he wants given his wealth, yet has failed to do so. Id like it to be true, but i think people see them together, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5

May 22, 2019, 01:24:38 PM
Reply #758

Simon Paul

Administrator
Everything and everyone is for sale, it's just a matter of price

A family's long standing ties with a club they love and for whom money doesn't actually matter? There's a couple of independent shareholders who hold more than a few hundred shares for whom money just doesn't matter.

Even for tiny shareholders like me, selling our stake would be a massive wrench

May 22, 2019, 01:29:55 PM
Reply #759

Toddacelli

I kind of hope Usmanov buys another club just to put this to bed, they are business partners in other ventures and im pretty sure every time they meet up it inst to talk about Everton, who by the way, Usmanov could've bought whenever he wants given his wealth, yet has failed to do so. Id like it to be true, but i think people see them together, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5

I agree with the sentiment but that tweet is pretty specific - who met, where they met, what they discussed when they met. And it is not really up for interpretation, it is stated as fact. The only bit of ambiguity is that it implies that the 50/50 ownership of the club is between Usmanov and Moshiri - everything else is concrete.

There's still every possibility it's pure fiction, but it's not being presented in journo-speak where they protect themselves with disclaimers in case it all turns out to be bollocks. There's no 'it is thought' or 'it was said'.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 22, 2019, 02:31:45 PM
Reply #760

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe it's 50\50 of the 85%
Simply simply lovely

May 22, 2019, 02:33:30 PM
Reply #761

Alanvideo

That tweet has been on GOT for a few days. Probably fiction.How would some random bloke know what they were discussing ?
Moshiri is scheduled to increase his share holding to 77% this summer IIRC. Whether he then splits that figure 50/50 with Usmanov is anoither matter.
Moshiri doesn't need to buy any more to have full control and has said previously he doesn't want to mop up shares from small shareholders.
I'm proud to say that I own a single share and as @Simon Paul has said it would be a wrench to part with it . 
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 22, 2019, 02:39:33 PM
Reply #762

Alanvideo

The Independent  11th September 2018
<<  In a club statement, Everton confirmed: “Everton Football Club today announces that major shareholder Farhad Moshiri has further committed to and increased his shareholding in the Club.

“Farhad Moshiri previously owned 49.9 per cent of the Club and in line with the agreement made at the time of his original investment, he has purchased 18.7 per cent through Blue Heaven Holdings Ltd, giving him a total holding of 68.6 per cent, which is expected to increase to 77.2 per cent no later than July 2019  >>
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 22, 2019, 02:49:43 PM
Reply #763

hannu

A family's long standing ties with a club they love and for whom money doesn't actually matter? There's a couple of independent shareholders who hold more than a few hundred shares for whom money just doesn't matter.

Even for tiny shareholders like me, selling our stake would be a massive wrench

if a share holder can get to 90% then a compulsory purchase of the remaining shares is triggered then it wouldnt matter if people didnt want to sell, they can not stop it

May 22, 2019, 02:59:14 PM
Reply #764

Macca77

Everything and everyone is for sale, it’s just a matter of price