August 22, 2019, 05:48:44 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 62848 times)

May 22, 2019, 03:30:51 PM
Reply #765

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 22, 2019, 03:40:24 PM
Reply #766

Tinga

ah shit he're we go again.

May 22, 2019, 03:45:00 PM
Reply #767

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I don't see why Moshiri would want to sell up, especially on a share of 50/50 between them.

He has enough clout to sustain us in the top echelons of the league, will be helping to oversee and finance a new stadium (with a lot of help from the council and bank loans), and seems to have stabilized things in terms of the appointment of Brands to be in charge of football operations. Everton are his baby, and even if Usmanov is his best mate, why would you want bring him in at this stage to steal the limelight and potential profit from any sale in the future?

With FFP in force, it would be difficult to envisage much more spending than we already do, and it would certainly be detrimental to % wages v revenue if we were to further break our salary structure.

What I would like to see is organic growth of top line revenue, which can only be done with better performances on the pitch, and quality operational hires within the club to propel us forward. Wages need to be under control, and sustainability of the football club's finances should be just as important as growth and progress.

May 22, 2019, 04:27:11 PM
Reply #768

Makis

There are a few things that could make that a good proposition:

- The financing of BMD. No matter how you shake this repayments will be a substantial amount of money annually. Usmanov could lend the money like Abramovich did at Chelsea (0 interest, no repayments). This alone would be around 15-20 million extra money for the club every year.
- He could well have figured that his money isn't enough to compete with the big boys, which is true. FFP is definitely a big issue even with Usmanov but there are some ways to circumvent this to some degree.

I'm not sure organic growth will ever see us compete with the top six. Spurs just got a huge boost with their new stadium which will produce more revenue than any stadium in BMD ever will. It will, after all, host more events which are also more lucrative. And they are the closest to us in terms of revenue (only two times bigger).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League

London simply has so much more money for Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea to get their hands on. Liverpool's and Manchester United global brands are so massive I can't see any way we could catch them. Even if we won the CL a few times we'd still have a lot to catch up to. And doing that when the odds are so heavily stacked against us is quite unlikely.

Even halving the difference in revenue to our nearest peers in the top six is very hard and there would still be a massive gulf. Organic growth will mean we will be competing with smaller resources basically for decades. I'll be long dead before that changes unless the whole market changes (e.g. four of the top six move to this European superleague).

May 22, 2019, 06:18:42 PM
Reply #769

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Agreed. But saying all of that, look where City where a dozen or so years ago...

May 22, 2019, 06:33:03 PM
Reply #770

kbh triangle

August 7th/8th was when Usminov sold up at The arse, and I would imagine there was a clause to the effect of no premiership involvement for 1 year (maybe 2?).

The other thing is the financing with Liverpool city council has all gone quiet, which suggests there is another source.  Right at the beginning of this I remember off shore property investment trusts (RIET?) were mentioned - Tax free I believe, which would mean the interest rate would be lower. So even if he is not a 50 % shareholder, he could be money lender.

May 22, 2019, 06:41:12 PM
Reply #771

Evertonian in NC

August 7th/8th was when Usminov sold up at The arse, and I would imagine there was a clause to the effect of no premiership involvement for 1 year (maybe 2?).

The other thing is the financing with Liverpool city council has all gone quiet, which suggests there is another source.  Right at the beginning of this I remember off shore property investment trusts (RIET?) were mentioned - Tax free I believe, which would mean the interest rate would be lower. So even if he is not a 50 % shareholder, he could be money lender.

REIT (Real Estate Investment Trusts).  They own lots of commercial buildings here, and REITs make real pain-in-the-ass Landlords for me to deal with (I mostly negotiate office leases for tenants).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 22, 2019, 06:47:06 PM
Reply #772

Makis

Agreed. But saying all of that, look where City where a dozen or so years ago...
When they were bought there was no FFP.

May 22, 2019, 10:20:13 PM
Reply #773

bluenuck

A family's long standing ties with a club they love and for whom money doesn't actually matter? There's a couple of independent shareholders who hold more than a few hundred shares for whom money just doesn't matter.

Even for tiny shareholders like me, selling our stake would be a massive wrench

Everyone has a price. Everyone

May 22, 2019, 10:23:30 PM
Reply #774

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Everyone has a price. Everyone

What about the people who have died and not told anybody they had a share.
Because there's circa 7% (i think) of "lost shares".

What is the price to buy them?

May 22, 2019, 11:31:35 PM
Reply #775

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What about the people who have died and not told anybody they had a share.
Because there's circa 7% (i think) of "lost shares".

What is the price to buy them?

One billion dollars
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 22, 2019, 11:32:30 PM
Reply #776

Alanvideo

@Mick 1995    Blankstones say EFC shares are trading at 3,500 +fees.
Of course ,Moshiri will pay a much higher unit price to buy out BK or any other large shareholding. And he will still need another 4% from somewhere to attain the reported figure of 77%

Currently the shares are owned as follows...........(from the OS )
Blue Heaven Holdings Limited*   23,997    68.56%
W Kenwright CBE (Chairman)      1,750     5.00%
Other Shareholders                   9,253    26.44%
 Total                                  35,000    100%

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 11:33:42 PM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 23, 2019, 02:53:59 AM
Reply #777

Dr. Sponge

I want a share.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

May 23, 2019, 03:29:50 AM