July 23, 2019, 10:41:17 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 61620 times)

January 21, 2018, 06:54:24 PM
Read 61620 times

Jamokachi

@Django going in with the big guns...

January 23, 2018, 02:46:58 PM
Reply #1

Jamokachi

There must be something behind the total shambles

The thing is, away from the pitch, we're not a shambles at all. We just need to find a way of translating how good we are off the pitch, onto it. Answers on a postcard please.

January 23, 2018, 03:18:36 PM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

I beg to differ, there are some commercial deals that have been a success but there are loads of things that seem to take an age for us to conclude. We've had numerous protracted transfers that have failed to materialise, or we end up spending millions more than we should. We employed a DoF who seems clueless, chased down managers for over a month and still didnt get him, and ended up with someone we'd previously rejected. Even the stadium is taking an age to get over the line. I do agree that certain aspects are better, but were a million miles behind teams like Man U, city, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool on and off the field

Sounds to me like you want everything done yesterday. You're also confusing "off field" and "on field".

January 23, 2018, 03:34:41 PM
Reply #3

Jamokachi

The fact that we are behind Southampton and West ham is fucking attrocious.

Easy to see why they make more from their grounds though.

January 23, 2018, 03:39:41 PM
Reply #4

Jamokachi

Suppose with West ham yes.

For southampton I take it they took into account the billions the shite have given them down the years?

Possibly. Though their ground is smaller it is much newer, and as such will be maximising their income from it.

January 24, 2018, 02:04:32 AM
Reply #5

Jamokachi

Am I? I always treat 'on the field' as the team and players we have, I haven't referenced anything. As far as im concerned transfers and managerial appointments are all tasks undertaken 'off the field' its only when they come to fruition that they then convert to 'on field' issues, and then thats the domain of the manager. And I dont want things done yesterday, although our levels of professionalism, in my opinion, is still a long way behind others

Director of football, managers, player transfers... all correlate toward on field matters.

May 18, 2018, 06:09:01 PM
Reply #6

Jamokachi

If he hasn't got it in his pocket, he could always withdraw it from the cash machine outside the sweet shop on County Road

Gotta be the cash machine over in West Derby, surely?

August 07, 2018, 04:50:27 PM
Reply #7

Jamokachi

How the rich get richer eh. Bought his share 500 odd million..no seat on the board, no say in anything...sells for 1.8 billion

He's not getting 1.8 billion for his shares. The sales of his shares values the club at 1.8 billion.