July 24, 2019, 11:27:24 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 61678 times)

January 21, 2018, 07:09:26 PM
Read 61678 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Woohoo 4th place, here we come!!!
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

May 26, 2018, 03:33:47 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I would expect a higher profile appointment than Silva even without Usmanov to be honest.

I expect Spurs fans felt the same when they signed Poch.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

May 26, 2018, 04:15:54 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't work Sundays which would be a problem if we qualified for the Europa league

Depends which God though. If we can make Europa, then it would just be the odd game on a Saturday we wouldn't have a manager for.

May 26, 2018, 07:15:04 PM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Your reaction is a bit slow  :) If you asked me a week ago, I‘d have said Emery, Fonseca, a few weeks ago – Favre. At the moment I‘m not sure there are better candidates, as I said in another thread. Off the top of my head Hazenhuttl, but he would be even a bigger risk.
If we wait a couple of weeks more, Silva will definitely be the best.

Emery was my first choice. Silva was probably third on my list of available candidates. Think he's now first based on what's left. Although the thought of Arteta as an unknown is strangely appealing, but very risky.

May 26, 2018, 07:54:30 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Agree with all that except Arteta. It would be madness.

It would be, but if it came off, it could be great.

Eddie Howe is becoming more appealing by the day as well, although I'd rather much better. At least he has a go and has been successful in beating the big sides.

Interesting times, Silva could become our version of Poch. Although I'd rather we won something though.

August 07, 2018, 03:00:00 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We’re a football club first.

September 07, 2018, 08:28:09 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He’ll end up loaning it out to Leipzig for half a season.