September 26, 2018, 06:24:19 PM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 39017 times)

January 22, 2018, 01:48:58 AM
Reply #75

bogie

This would explain the Panorama spotlight, probably demanded and funded by the top 6!

Stan Kroenke more like and letting all them players run there deals down so he can buy him out cheaper

January 22, 2018, 01:58:09 AM
Reply #76

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Don't wish to appear too pessimistic about this because his sponsoring of FF shows he is interested at some level. However (correct me if I'm wrong) he can't be 'interested' in two clubs at the same time?
He would need to sell his shares in Arsenal first. Kroenke owns about 75% and Usmanov the rest give or take a few. If you're buying that many shares you want some influence but there is none because of Kroenke's majority share. So, whilst they are worth a lot in one sense who wants them in another? Kroenke doesn't need to buy them and refused to a few months ago.
Obviously what is said publicly may not be what the position is privately and that refusal may be no more than haggling over price
If this is 'on' then I suspect the first thing we see is news from Arsenal about share deals! If that happens it doesn't confirm anything from our point of view but I would indulge in a bit of dreaming and excitement at that point. It could also be the first step in Tranmere becoming a global football super power.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 22, 2018, 02:22:15 AM
Reply #77

Alanvideo

If Usmanov's coming on board why are we fucking about giving the council two thirds of the new stadium?
................we're not. Joe Andersen gave the figures the other day ,something like this. The council have priority access to finance at say 3% and then loan it to EFC at say 5% . LCC will make 7m p.a.it was said.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 22, 2018, 02:22:20 AM
Reply #78

Ravardo

I think the only thing united are worried about is that we will finally have some proper business men running the club meaning they wont be able to unload all there shit onto us anymore

January 22, 2018, 02:31:39 AM
Reply #79

Alanvideo

Don't wish to appear too pessimistic about this because his sponsoring of FF shows he is interested at some level. However (correct me if I'm wrong) he can't be 'interested' in two clubs at the same time?
He would need to sell his shares in Arsenal first. Kroenke owns about 75% and Usmanov the rest give or take a few. If you're buying that many shares you want some influence but there is none because of Kroenke's majority share. So, whilst they are worth a lot in one sense who wants them in another? Kroenke doesn't need to buy them and refused to a few months ago.
Obviously what is said publicly may not be what the position is privately and that refusal may be no more than haggling over price
If this is 'on' then I suspect the first thing we see is news from Arsenal about share deals! If that happens it doesn't confirm anything from our point of view but I would indulge in a bit of dreaming and excitement at that point. It could also be the first step in Tranmere becoming a global football super power.
..............as recently as Oct 2017 Kroenke bid 525m to buy out Usmanov's stake .As I understand it it's Usmanov who is unwilling to sell to Kroenke.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/04/alisher-usmanov-arsenal-shares-stan-kroenke
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 22, 2018, 03:47:47 AM
Reply #80

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
That's more hopeful but it does mean we are still dependent on Kroenke to make (from Usamov''s view') a reasonable offer.
I'm thinking it will happen but who knows when. There has to be something in it for Kroenke, whether that be the timing, some other thing we'll never know about or what he perceives as a good cash offer.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 22, 2018, 03:52:05 AM
Reply #81

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
He could do a lot worse than look at that lot across the park in how to structure the football side of the business. They clearly have a strategy, a plan, a way of playing, a method of player recruitment which, in any other given season, would see them challenging for the title. All done while playing entertaining football and self sustainable by buying and selling wisely.

Pains me to say it but they're light years ahead both on and off that park.

I'd prefer a strategy that ends in us winning a trophy thanks.

January 22, 2018, 03:58:39 AM
Reply #82

Waltzer

..............as recently as Oct 2017 Kroenke bid 525m to buy out Usmanov's stake .As I understand it it's Usmanov who is unwilling to sell to Kroenke.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/04/alisher-usmanov-arsenal-shares-stan-kroenke
I think this is more like it. Id love Usmanov to come in but I don't believe he wants to. It'd be relatively easy for him to move, but he hasn't, he declares his love and passion for arsenal all the time

January 22, 2018, 03:59:45 AM
Reply #83

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Nice one @Django but I won't believe it till it's been confirmed by @D15TIN's source.

January 22, 2018, 04:02:59 AM
Reply #84

sam of the south

But surely if he does come on board it will only prove that it was dodgy all along, and it will blocked by the EPL anyway?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 22, 2018, 04:07:10 AM
Reply #85

Thornton_19

But surely if he does come on board it will only prove that it was dodgy all along, and it will blocked by the EPL anyway?
If he sells his shares in Arsenal then buys into us. He isn't doing anything illegal. Will be the exact same situation as when Moshiri bought into us.

January 22, 2018, 04:08:38 AM
Reply #86

stirlingblue

If he sells his shares in Arsenal then buys into us. He isn't doing anything illegal. Will be the exact same situation as when Moshiri bought into us.

The league will never block another new person with a big pile of cash, they want the league to have all the stars and more 'big' (rich) clubs helps that

January 22, 2018, 04:17:07 AM
Reply #87

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I really think it's nailed on but it's just my opinion

You chatting to yourself? Weird one.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 22, 2018, 04:31:24 AM
Reply #88

plowman2

Before this season I don't think I would have been happy about some loads of money coming in and buying us a CL place or even the league, but after the absolute agony of this shit we've suffered so far I'm more than willing to entertain being some money bags toy for a while. The only reserve I have is that when he gets bored, we will probably be in even bigger shit, like disappearing shit.
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

January 22, 2018, 05:07:17 AM
Reply #89

Danny

Before this season I don't think I would have been happy about some loads of money coming in and buying us a CL place or even the league, but after the absolute agony of this shit we've suffered so far I'm more than willing to entertain being some money bags toy for a while. The only reserve I have is that when he gets bored, we will probably be in even bigger shit, like disappearing shit.

I was the same but realistically now you have to be owned by a billionaire, even then it's not guaranteeing success.

After City it was still believable you could work your way up (as Spurs have shown) but the problem is that you now have the whole top 6 who are mega rich or very rich, Leicester who are very rich and then a couple of other clubs with big backing and it's getting to the point now where Wolves could come up in the next few years and outspend us.

If we aren't set up with a new stadium and stabilised as a long term premier league club soon in a few years Moshiri's wealth will be comparable with Kenwrights a few years back respective to the teams around us.