September 19, 2019, 06:07:30 PM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 64041 times)

August 07, 2018, 02:35:54 PM
Reply #315

Macca77

The USM arena

August 07, 2018, 02:36:40 PM
Reply #316

Cozzie

Imagine the fume from the Arsenal fans if Usmanov builds a dynasty here and we over take them.

August 07, 2018, 02:38:01 PM
Reply #317

Lxxx

Why do people think he will now invest in us though? It's just speculation isn't it?

This. Just because he invested in a club previously, a local club to where he has a house and was on record as doing it for his family, theres no suggestion hell swap them for us. He might just walk away from football.

August 07, 2018, 02:40:29 PM
Reply #318

Bigstickytoffee

Holy shit! What a 24hrs this has been, the potential for what could be is unreal!

August 07, 2018, 02:42:38 PM
Reply #319

Hawkandro

He will probably be looking to take his money out of the UK, after seeing what has happened at Chelsea, and with the political issues between the two countries. Doesn't mean he can't be a silent partner though... Imagine he would be interested in using some of his steel to build the USM Arena.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

August 07, 2018, 02:44:08 PM
Reply #320

Waltzer

This. Just because he invested in a club previously, a local club to where he has a house and was on record as doing it for his family, there's no suggestion he'll swap them for us. He might just walk away from football.
It's a case of putting 2 and 2 together and hopefully getting 4. He has gone on record as wanting to lead a club,  he has worked extensively with Moshiri, Moshiri has an agreement to buy the remaining Everton shares yet has never done so? Usmanov USM sponsor or training facility. Yes it could be wrong,  but there are a lot of things that indicate it might just happen?

August 07, 2018, 02:51:42 PM
Reply #321

stirlingblue

So what? If it's not been an issue for Arsenal then why should it be an issue for us (morals cast aside for a moment)?

Yes the redshite will cry foul and dig a little deeper for some shit to fling but would it stick and do damage? doubt it.

Casting morals aside is never a great stance to take, thats stooping to RS levels.

Its not like Id stop supporting the club, but Id certainly be unhappy about having somebody like Usmanov associated with the club.

I like to think were a good club with the history we have of supporting past players and things like Everton in the community. We all want success, but not at the cost of that identity.

August 07, 2018, 02:54:42 PM
Reply #322

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Identity? Ask a City fan if they prefer their old identity of being the poor mans, ugly sister but loveable identity in the shadow of a mighty United. Or their new identity of being the best, richest, most attractive team in England, full of new silverware and now challenging the world elite. I know which one most would prefer...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:56:41 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

August 07, 2018, 02:55:21 PM
Reply #323

Waltzer

Casting morals aside is never a great stance to take, thats stooping to RS levels.

Its not like Id stop supporting the club, but Id certainly be unhappy about having somebody like Usmanov associated with the club.

I like to think were a good club with the history we have of supporting past players and things like Everton in the community. We all want success, but not at the cost of that identity.

Get what you're saying but us winning stuff having a great team, Champions League football etc etc etc would get me over that moral dilemma

August 07, 2018, 02:56:25 PM
Reply #324

Cozzie

Couldn't give 2 shits.

Don't think City did either when Aguero scored that goal.

August 07, 2018, 02:57:53 PM
Reply #325

Hawkandro

Plus, I doubt it would stop us doing the Everton in the Community stuff, City do really well in that area, and are pretty much leading the redevelopment of East Manchester.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

August 07, 2018, 03:00:00 PM
Reply #326

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Were a football club first.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

August 07, 2018, 03:24:20 PM
Reply #327

phillyt

This. Just because he invested in a club previously, a local club to where he has a house and was on record as doing it for his family, theres no suggestion hell swap them for us. He might just walk away from football.

He is already backing us. Hes always worked with moshiri, the only thing stopping it being official was his arsenal ownership. That seems to have been solved now.

On a side note the esk( yeah I know) is suggesting the deal to sell arsenal will be done by 3pm. Is that likely to be accurate. How can it be so quick?
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

August 07, 2018, 03:24:53 PM
Reply #328

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
For anyone needing a finance and football expert to explain the whole thing to them in a super informative and interesting way there's a guy on Twitter called The Esk who has the inside track

I'm fairly sure he has detailed information from behind the scenes. He knew stuff about the Richarlison and now Bernard deals literally just hours after it became public knowledge
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 07, 2018, 03:25:01 PM
Reply #329

Macca77

So its looking like Usmanov will have 600 million quid burning a hole in his arse picket pretty soon