September 18, 2019, 08:17:42 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 63979 times)

August 07, 2018, 05:48:09 PM
Reply #375

dunkster

Would there be any chance he might buy newcastle out right instead of coming here

That would surprise me. The whole sponsorship of the training ground thing is a very clear indication that he is involved in everton. Be hard not to get excited at the potential of what is trying to be achieved.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 07, 2018, 05:50:57 PM
Reply #376

dunkster

Wouldn't this make us the second richest club (backing wise) in the premiership?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 07, 2018, 05:51:01 PM
Reply #377

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
........................not quite as simple as that. If Usmanov comes in I reckon we'll still take the council loan and USM might facilitate the rest in the form of another loan .  Rich people don't spend capital ,they always use other people's money  .

They should be able to get the loan for 1%+LIBOR (currently 0.8 for GBP 3m LIBOR) which is common terms for institutional investors. This is as long as the loan is secured against collateral. Given that UK interest rates aren't due to go much past 2% at their peak before falling again, then it is a good medium/long term business plan.

August 07, 2018, 05:55:54 PM
Reply #378

Waltzer

Wouldn't this make us the second richest club (backing wise) in the premiership?

Think so, although its still something like 20 billion behind City, that blokes family have an estimated wealth in excess of 1 trillion and his personal wealth is about 30 billion.

August 07, 2018, 05:55:54 PM
Reply #379

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I also believe he couldn't sponsor the stadium or the training ground if he comes on-board, so maybe he will sit as a silent partner?

The rules are that the sponsorship has to be in line with the market.

So if we had a deal that was 100 times more than anyone else, it would look dodgy.

If itís in line with other deals (which for us is a big increase) then it would be fine.

August 07, 2018, 05:57:27 PM
Reply #380

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
They should be able to get the loan for 1%+LIBOR (currently 0.8 for GBP 3m LIBOR) which is common terms for institutional investors. This is as long as the loan is secured against collateral. Given that UK interest rates aren't due to go much past 2% at their peak before falling again, then it is a good medium/long term business plan.

If we get anywhere near 2% in the next 5 years then I'd be surprised if they fell again.

In theory it sounds good though.
Still not sure the club would get 1% above Libor, they're usually quite high risk, even with collateral and wealthy backers.

If we're looking to borrow the money, then the best place (interest rate wise) will still be jumping in to bed with the Local Council.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:00:38 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 07, 2018, 05:58:18 PM
Reply #381

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

It doesnt matter how rich someone is.

You could have someone worth 100 billion and spend 1 billion over 5 years.

Or someone worth a MEASELEY 3 billion and spend 2 billion over 2 years.

The affluence is in the spending. So lets get 2 centre backs, a def mid, a world class striker and a proper pair of trainers.

August 07, 2018, 06:00:52 PM
Reply #382

Lxxx

Yes, but fathead Ashley wants absolutely silly money for a no-mark club with no history.

Nice stadium big mind.

Man City had no history but they had a nice new stadium. Newcastle mightn't have no real tradition but they do have a large city full of idiots who'll line up to fill the stadium every week and have hundreds of thousands of people buy every bit of club merchandise going just to prove they're a fan, in a one club city.

August 07, 2018, 06:02:14 PM
Reply #383

dangermouse

Why is anyone so bothered?

It's not like we can go out and spend £300 mill anyway because of FFP so what difference does it make?

Moshiri has plenty of cash anyway I don't see the big deal, am I missing something?

USM Goodison Park will bring in a nice £100m
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

August 07, 2018, 06:02:41 PM
Reply #384

Waltzer

It doesnt matter how rich someone is.

You could have someone worth 100 billion and spend 1 billion over 5 years.

Or someone worth a MEASELEY 3 billion and spend 2 billion over 2 years.

The affluence is in the spending. So lets get 2 centre backs, a def mid, a world class striker and a proper pair of trainers.

Thats true, but I think if youve got 100 billion you're more like to spend 2 billion than someone with 3 billion, wasting a 66.6% of your wealth isnt as appealing as wasting 2% is it!

August 07, 2018, 06:04:38 PM
Reply #385

GrantyBoy78

Itís still all very 2+2 = 5 at the moment. Nothing concrete in this at all, just conjecture and speculation.

August 07, 2018, 06:04:44 PM
Reply #386

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
If we get anywhere near 2% in the next 5 years then I'd be surprised if they fell again.

In theory it sounds good though.
Still not sure the club would get 1% above Libor, they're usually quite high risk, even with collateral and wealthy backers.

If we're looking to borrow the money, then the best place (interest rate wise) will still be jumping in to bed with the Local Council.

BoE has said that they want to get to 2% by 2020 to normalise rates before loosening again, so you can only go on their guidance. With a tighening labour market, they will need to raise rates, but not too far given the UK consumers debt level.

My clients with only £1m collateral in terms of securities (equities and bonds) obtain 1%+LIBOR, so whilst a bridging loan might be higher than this whilst the stadium is being built, Everton should be able to achieve very close to these terms once they have collateral and the stadium is built.

August 07, 2018, 06:04:56 PM
Reply #387

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

USM Goodison Dock. A modular 60, 70, 80,000 super stadium.

USM Goodison Park, kept going to develop and showcase our amazing academy/u23 games...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:07:37 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

August 07, 2018, 06:09:37 PM
Reply #388

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
BoE has said that they want to get to 2% by 2020 to normalise rates before loosening again, so you can only go on their guidance. With a tighening labour market, they will need to raise rates, but not too far given the UK consumers debt level.

My clients with only £1m collateral in terms of securities (equities and bonds) obtain 1%+LIBOR, so whilst a bridging loan might be higher than this whilst the stadium is being built, Everton should be able to achieve very close to these terms once they have collateral and the stadium is built.

I'd persoanlly be surprised if they got to 2% in 17 months, stranger things have happenned I suppose.

Maybe there will be an element of regeneration the club commit to and we use both the club and the council.
Either way, it's a lot better than the old days of paying ridiculous % from offshore lenders.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 07, 2018, 06:31:24 PM
Reply #389

KoemansNumberTens

Not a chance Bascombe reports that without a nod from the club.

Always thought usmanov was the man behind us since moshiri. Heís coming in sooner or later.

Like a useful Phillip green