July 14, 2020, 04:11:53 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 95080 times)

August 16, 2018, 02:32:39 PM
Reply #540

Hawkandro

Am I right in thinking there is nothing stopping him from buying a foreign club and still investing in us? I can easily see him just chuck us some money to help with the stadium in exchange for naming rights, but he must be tempted to get on board as the North Liverpool regeneration is a licence to print money.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

August 16, 2018, 02:51:22 PM
Reply #541

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Am I right in thinking there is nothing stopping him from buying a foreign club and still investing in us? I can easily see him just chuck us some money to help with the stadium in exchange for naming rights, but he must be tempted to get on board as the North Liverpool regeneration is a licence to print money.

Yeah, it's what the city owners have done with New York, Melbourne etc.

August 16, 2018, 02:57:08 PM
Reply #542

dunkster

If I was his age and as filthy rich, I think I'd like the idea of using my money to help build a stadium if named after me.
He's got yo be tempted if moshiri is open to the idea.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 16, 2018, 02:58:58 PM
Reply #543

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I wonder what Bill would want, and how receptive to let go he would be, if a massive takeover was offered?

August 16, 2018, 03:02:57 PM
Reply #544

dunkster

Wasn't it this month that talk was of Bill leaving/stepping down?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 16, 2018, 03:04:39 PM
Reply #545

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If I was his age and as filthy rich, I think I'd like the idea of using my money to help build a stadium if named after me.
He's got yo be tempted if moshiri is open to the idea.

He could probably think of a million more meaningful things that he could do with his money to create a lasting legacy, the creation of a humanitarian foundation to alleviate human suffering or advancement of human rights would be a far greater gesture than putting up a load of concrete in a city with which he has no relationship whatsoever, in the meantime heís only 64 and will probably still be commercially active for at least onather ten years or so, plenty of time to lose his fortune.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:07:00 PM by Escla »

August 16, 2018, 03:12:07 PM
Reply #546

Ramjam

Wasn't it this month that talk was of Bill leaving/stepping down?
Yep, I think is was all to happen by the end of this month, the stars are all aligning at the same time
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 16, 2018, 03:15:12 PM
Reply #547

Cereal Killer

He could probably think of a million more meaningful things that he could do with his money to create a lasting legacy, the creation of a humanitarian foundation to alleviate human suffering or advancement of human rights would be a far greater gesture than putting up a load of concrete in a city with which he has no relationship whatsoever, in the meantime heís only 64 and will probably still be commercially active for at least onather ten years or so, plenty of time to lose his fortune.

Do most billionaires do anything meaningful with their fortunes though? The odd one or two at most

August 16, 2018, 03:22:34 PM
Reply #548

Lxxx

I'm thinking Usmanov might not be a guy for whom building a humanitarian foundation is at the forefront of his thinking.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2007/09/alisher_usmanov/
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:24:40 PM by Lxxx »

August 16, 2018, 03:24:37 PM
Reply #549

Ramjam

I'm thinking Usmanov might not be a guy for whom building a humanitarian foundation is at the forefront of his thinking.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/category/usmanov/
Lol, pmsl
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 16, 2018, 03:31:00 PM
Reply #550

ajax_andy

I don't think he could buy another European club, obviously if both teams met in Europa or Champs League it'd be massive conflict of interest

August 16, 2018, 03:33:00 PM
Reply #551

Cereal Killer

I don't think he could buy another European club, obviously if both teams met in Europa or Champs League it'd be massive conflict of interest

Rules are meant to be bought out though, just ask Red Bull

August 16, 2018, 03:34:25 PM
Reply #552

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

August 16, 2018, 03:45:18 PM
Reply #553

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Do most billionaires do anything meaningful with their fortunes though? The odd one or two at most
[/quote

Well hereís more than the odd one or two ! It will become the norm in the future.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/31/14-billionaires-signed-bill-gates-and-warren-buffetts-giving-pledge.html

August 16, 2018, 03:48:00 PM
Reply #554

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2007/09/alisher_usmanov/

Ah o.k. So if thatís all true we clearly donít want to have any association whatsoever with him or his mate Moshiri, letís have no more talk of wanting his investment in fact letís kick him out of Finch Farm !

On the other side of the coin however, again if that is all true then maybe all the more reason to do something to redeem himself before his mortal coil departs.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:50:32 PM by Escla »