August 25, 2019, 01:43:50 PM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 63028 times)

August 07, 2018, 01:56:09 PM
Read 63028 times

phillyt

Sky news are saying he has accepted the offer.

Hope he hasnít ever tweeted anything naughty or the red shite will find it. 😂
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

August 07, 2018, 03:24:20 PM
Reply #1

phillyt

This. Just because he invested in a club previously, a local club to where he has a house and was on record as doing it for his family, thereís no suggestion heíll swap them for us. He might just walk away from football.

He is already backing us. Heís always worked with moshiri, the only thing stopping it being official was his arsenal ownership. That seems to have been solved now.

On a side note the esk( yeah I know) is suggesting the deal to sell arsenal will be done by 3pm. Is that likely to be accurate. How can it be so quick?
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

August 07, 2018, 03:28:26 PM
Reply #2

phillyt

So its looking like Kenwright and woods will have £200 million quid burning a hole in their arse picket pretty soon

I fixed it for you.

September 07, 2018, 06:06:57 PM
Reply #3

phillyt

I canít see it myself tbh. I understand the concept of potentially great rewards for little investment but that isnít going to matter to a man of his wealth. They are league 1. So your looking 3 years plus to get in the premier league and a further 3 years minimum to be established enough to buy players good enough to push the european squads. He buys Everton in the next couple of months, we are in touch with top 4/6 come Christmas we can have a tilt at CL qualification with his investment. If we get it he is at the big boys table immediately. If we donít we will likely get Europa league and push CL next year.

Iím working on the best case scenario her, on the assumption everything goes to plan. Hes going to be buying the remaining shares in Everton for around 80-120m he invests say £100-150m over 2 years with similar from moshiri. Heís got the tv money incoming then within 2 years the club are on the CL gravy train.

The fact is though he is so rich the amounts of money being talked about wonít even dent his wallet. He wants to run a successful elite club. His mate moshiri has been priming us for that, yeah mistakes were made on the pitch but off it we are a different animal already. Iíd be shocked if Usmanov isnít in control of Everton very soon.

September 07, 2018, 06:42:03 PM
Reply #4

phillyt

Didn't he say he'd consider investing in Everton 'if there was a return'. So I think he probably does want to invest, with a view to making money rather than just as a vanity thing. Charlton would make sense from that POV.

He can still make money from Everton by selling the club. Of course he will do from improving charlton but it will take longer. He will also make money by loaning the club money for the ground or effectively leasing it to us. It will, potentially at least, be far quicker with Everton to get to a stage weíre he can start recouping some of his cash.
I just canít accept Moshiri is here completely by his own volition. He didnít wake up one day and decide he wants to branch out on his own. 

September 07, 2018, 08:05:43 PM
Reply #5

phillyt

Why? Whatís so hard to comprehend about Moshiri wanting to try his hand at running a football club?

Because everything he has done in business for at least a decade has been intrinsically linked to usmanov/usm.  If that was the case he would have looked at charlton maybe. He has Not even 2b wealth? Letís just say he is prepared to risk 50% to run a footy Club he will know that is not going to go far. Over the course of 8/10 years. So he would be far more frugal. While net spend so far hasnít been huge thatís largely down to the sales of stones and lukaku who were both offered lucrative contracts to stay. Itís my opinion based on what I see, obvs Iím not lucky enough to know the fella personally, but I just cant see any other outcome than Usmanov buying into us.

September 07, 2018, 11:25:33 PM
Reply #6

phillyt

The point with wealthy people is that it really does matter how much they make ,why do they try to do so many shady deals if it doesn't matter with their wealth . I had a boss worth millions many years ago and he use to get right up behind another car going into the tunnel to avoid the pound charge .

I can see what your saying, but I think the difference he would see would be far outweighed be the prestige of owning a CL club. With Everton itís perfectly feasible that will be achievable in 2/3 years. With the likes of charlton he is looking 5/6 years and only If he gets. Everything spot on. If it was easy as buying low and selling high the lower leagues would be full of billionaires playing champ manager for real.

September 08, 2018, 05:45:14 PM
Reply #7

phillyt

No-one said it was essy but the lower leagues are littered with clubs who were bought by very wealthy owners and have suffered from it.

Iím not saying it will be easy or guaranteed success, Iím thinking best case scenarios for us/lower league club.

He has stated what he wanted with arsenal. He will still want that and quick. if thatís the case we are his better option. Letís not forget he is in his 70s and isnít exactly the traditional image of a healthy man.

I genuinely believe moshiri has been her laying the ground work and they will team
Up again. Maybe even bringing ďsĒ the party in some form.

September 08, 2018, 08:08:58 PM
Reply #8

phillyt

.................Usmanov is 64 but doesn't look in very good shape I admit.

Is he, fuck I genuinely thought he was in his 70s. wait till he has to put up with our moaning he will soon feel over 70. . 🤔

September 11, 2018, 06:21:09 PM
Reply #9

phillyt

Wouldn't it just take Usmanov to invest in Blue Heaven Holdings? Sounds exactly the same as they had at Arsenal,  it surely opens up the opportunity for further investment rather than us being owned solely by an individual?

This is exactly what I think will happen. Usmanov will buy into the holding company on at least a 50/50 basis.

September 13, 2018, 01:09:37 AM
Reply #10

phillyt

People on here talk like Moshiri is nothing. Not able to get rich or make money without Usmanov.

Moshiriis a billionaire. That is 1000 million pounds. Can you guys fathom that. How many on here have 1M pounds. Even in total worth I bet not many.  How can you even begin to past judgment on who writes what cheques a etc etc.

Moshiri is a brilliant businessman. Letís start showing some respect.

I donít think itís that people think moshiri isnít good enough. 1b is a huge amount of money in the real world but in the premier league itís no more than than decent money. As the money grows the demands on his finances will. The stadium will cost minimum 500m (I know we will borrow most of it but if heís got sense he will know he can cover it) and thatís about half his wealth gone. He will also obviously have an expensive lifestyle to upkeep so letís assume he wants to keep 100m to live on that l leaves 700m to spend on Everton. He has already lent/invested over 200m so thatís only going to last another 2/3 years really.

I know itís not that simple and i am not taking into account income from either the club or his own business. But even that may double the timescales at best.

Itís clear that moshiri is a good businessman and he has and is making us a better club. Early signs he has rectified the personnel mistakes of his first two managerial appointments are good but if we are to truly become an elite club itís going to need far more money.

There is also very clear links between him and Usmanov. So the assumption that alisher is not a difficult one to jump to. Itís not disrespectful to expect or assume itís going to happen,or in fact to want it to happen. With moshiris wealth and acumen we will break into the top 6. With big alishers wedge we will win the lot ( weíll not the lot but we will establish ourselves among the elite)

September 13, 2018, 01:24:07 AM
Reply #11

phillyt

It's disrespectful to think that the only reason he has money is because of Usmanov. maybe Usmanov is wealthy because of deals Moshiri has done for him

He would have been wealthy without Usmanov (or similar) but nowhere near a billionaire. Itís fair to say that the fabled ďgiftĒ would have been in reward for good work done. Itís not disrespectful in the slightest. Itís facts.  It would be disrespectful to say that he is unable to run Everton to a good level and will certainly be an upgrade on the previous regime of imbeciles as some have suggested. He put up with a lot of stick last season, some justified but most not.