October 22, 2019, 03:17:29 PM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 65394 times)

January 21, 2018, 11:44:31 PM
Read 65394 times

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
What's the United link all about though?

Not doubting it, fully behind @Django  with this as I can't think of a time that he's ever been wrong, but I just wonder why United are worried? It's not like they were worried when Arseal had Moshiri, Usmanov and countless other billionaires.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 07, 2018, 05:57:27 PM
Reply #1

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
They should be able to get the loan for 1%+LIBOR (currently 0.8 for GBP 3m LIBOR) which is common terms for institutional investors. This is as long as the loan is secured against collateral. Given that UK interest rates aren't due to go much past 2% at their peak before falling again, then it is a good medium/long term business plan.

If we get anywhere near 2% in the next 5 years then I'd be surprised if they fell again.

In theory it sounds good though.
Still not sure the club would get 1% above Libor, they're usually quite high risk, even with collateral and wealthy backers.

If we're looking to borrow the money, then the best place (interest rate wise) will still be jumping in to bed with the Local Council.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:00:38 PM by Duncs_a_legend »

August 07, 2018, 06:09:37 PM
Reply #2

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
BoE has said that they want to get to 2% by 2020 to normalise rates before loosening again, so you can only go on their guidance. With a tighening labour market, they will need to raise rates, but not too far given the UK consumers debt level.

My clients with only 1m collateral in terms of securities (equities and bonds) obtain 1%+LIBOR, so whilst a bridging loan might be higher than this whilst the stadium is being built, Everton should be able to achieve very close to these terms once they have collateral and the stadium is built.

I'd persoanlly be surprised if they got to 2% in 17 months, stranger things have happenned I suppose.

Maybe there will be an element of regeneration the club commit to and we use both the club and the council.
Either way, it's a lot better than the old days of paying ridiculous % from offshore lenders.

August 16, 2018, 06:08:03 PM
Reply #3

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

September 12, 2018, 10:08:44 PM
Reply #4

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

A shazillion

September 13, 2018, 03:24:56 AM
Reply #5

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
What dat mean

Looks nice though.
Not sure about orange and green shit on my bacon, rather just stick with a bit of HP.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 03:26:26 AM by Duncs_a_legend »