August 21, 2019, 01:40:54 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 62772 times)

September 11, 2018, 05:09:53 PM
Reply #30

Waltzer

Is this sufficient to end the Usmanov links you reckon? Or more manoeuvering?
Wouldn't it just take Usmanov to invest in Blue Heaven Holdings? Sounds exactly the same as they had at Arsenal,  it surely opens up the opportunity for further investment rather than us being owned solely by an individual?

October 02, 2018, 02:50:46 PM
Reply #31

Waltzer

Getting exciting now, is this the first direct quote from Usmanov stating he intends to help out?

October 02, 2018, 06:47:29 PM
Reply #32

Waltzer

He's said this before hasn't he? That he'd help a mate if he needed it?

He has alluded to the fact he would if required, I read more into this as it says 'we will', much more definitive in his response. That said this could merely be a translation issue rather than anything else, but im going with it!!?

October 03, 2018, 04:48:41 PM
Reply #33

Waltzer

Jim White Says No!!

White was talking on his talkSPORT show (Wednesday, 10am) after Usmanov was quoted as saying he would be “happy” to help his friend and former business partner Farhad Moshiri, majority shareholder at Everton.

Ever since Usmanov sold his stake in Arsenal to Stan Kroenke for £600million in August, there have been reports and rumours that he might be ready to invest in Everton.

However, White said  a reliable source has told him Usmanov explained away his quotes by saying that he was simply answering a question about a friend’s club, and that the help he was referring to was morale support and not money.

“There is nothing more to any link with Everton,” White said. “Categorically there is no likelihood of Usmanov investing in Everton.”

February 14, 2019, 02:18:17 AM
Reply #34

Waltzer

Spurs are a good example, but people on here are talking like their biggest investment is about 60k, they have spent a fair wedge, they've just recouped massive amounts by selling, there is also this misconception that they don't pay well either, but they do.
The one thing they've done significantly better than us is their transfer strategy, get younger players in with a good sell on possibility who are hungry to succeed, their hierarchy also know how they want them to play and their recruitment in terms of manager and players follow a similar philosophy

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 22, 2019, 01:08:48 PM
Reply #35

Waltzer

I kind of hope Usmanov buys another club just to put this to bed, they are business partners in other ventures and im pretty sure every time they meet up it inst to talk about Everton, who by the way, Usmanov could've bought whenever he wants given his wealth, yet has failed to do so. Id like it to be true, but i think people see them together, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5