July 14, 2020, 11:14:07 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 95132 times)

January 03, 2020, 08:28:38 PM
Reply #795

Alanvideo

Isn't it our AGM in a few weeks?
.............Tuesday 14th
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 03, 2020, 08:37:46 PM
Reply #796

Waltzer

Can't wait for Merson to say we ruined the transfer market when we spunk 500 million on Neymar and Mbappe

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 03, 2020, 08:40:24 PM
Reply #797

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
Confirmation that Usmanov brokered the Ancelotti deal.
It most likely 100% relies on the stadium but looks very much like heís on his way on board if not already on board in all but an official capacity.
Seriously exciting news.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

January 03, 2020, 08:42:46 PM
Reply #798

Macca77

Expect him to come on board as soon as planning permission is granted then eh

January 03, 2020, 08:44:18 PM
Reply #799

Lazarou

Wow!

Edit: seems like a ball breaker!

https://www.ft.com/content/a472f9e6-28c6-11ea-9305-4234e74b0ef3 the link may not work

Added a pdf of the interview.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 08:50:35 PM by Lazarou »
We canít return to normal because the normal that we had was precisely the problem.

January 03, 2020, 08:48:56 PM
Reply #800

Robioto

Expect him to come on board as soon as planning permission is granted then eh

When is planning permission likely to be granted? I know we've submitted, just don't know the timescales?

January 03, 2020, 08:58:06 PM
Reply #801

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I can tell from the various politics/election threads that a great many of NSNO folks are left-leaning to extremely progressive (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm curious how you feel about someone like Usmanov being involved with your Club? Yes his money opens a great many doors for us, but he has quite the checkered past and based on what he's bought/sold in the past, appears to be quite right-leaning if not outright supportive of totalitarian ideals.

I personally don't care, as I've devoured plenty of artists and movies starring unsavory types, and I'm certain I've both directly and indirectly supported terrible corporations, but I'm just wondering some of your thoughts on the matter.
Playing FM20 24/7.

January 03, 2020, 09:00:37 PM
Reply #802

Waltzer

When is planning permission likely to be granted? I know we've submitted, just don't know the timescales?
Could be wrong, but I think I recall someone saying it could be about 8 months?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 03, 2020, 09:02:20 PM
Reply #803

The Analog Kid

Any talk of an Usmanov investment is premature until such time as planning permission is granted for BMD.
This is what I said in the BMD thread the other week. Apparently he's just waiting on things to be ironed out with planning before officially coming onboard

January 03, 2020, 09:04:58 PM
Reply #804

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
..............Behave ?   lolol
The first tweet refers to naming rights for a stadium that doesn't exist .The second is from Alan Myers ,enough said.
It sincerely hope it happens . But I'm not getting carried away just yet.

I think you're missing the points here/not reading the linked article

January 03, 2020, 09:05:54 PM
Reply #805

Lazarou

I can tell from the various politics/election threads that a great many of NSNO folks are left-leaning to extremely progressive (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm curious how you feel about someone like Usmanov being involved with your Club? Yes his money opens a great many doors for us, but he has quite the checkered past and based on what he's bought/sold in the past, appears to be quite right-leaning if not outright supportive of totalitarian ideals.

I personally don't care, as I've devoured plenty of artists and movies starring unsavory types, and I'm certain I've both directly and indirectly supported terrible corporations, but I'm just wondering some of your thoughts on the matter.

Conflicted certainly, but selfishness will probably win out if it means football domination.
We canít return to normal because the normal that we had was precisely the problem.

January 03, 2020, 09:08:00 PM
Reply #806

mikey_blue

Iíll firmly bury my head in the sand when Mbappe is announced.

January 03, 2020, 09:09:06 PM
Reply #807

Shogun

Administrator

Glad you brought this up.

I don't know enough about Usmanov's background to comment either way but I'm not feeling the jubilation others are.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

January 03, 2020, 09:09:52 PM
Reply #808

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Iíll firmly bury my head in the sand when Mbappe is announced.
Conflicted certainly, but selfishness will probably win out if it means football domination.

😂

Same for me. Deffo want to be a better Club than plant my flag on this one. Helps that it's all shady backdoor stuff and not say, someone like Piers Morgan.
Playing FM20 24/7.

January 03, 2020, 09:11:00 PM
Reply #809

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

In terms of the oligarchs of his country, he really isn't the rapacious pillager of the poor that his brethren are.
Although, his first proper loan did come from them, to be fair.

I think the majority of any 'soviet' feeling is old-school propaganda anyway nowadays.
We'd be annoyed if the world just decided not to give us kudos for the second world war, created a massive club expressly to join together with the aim of opposing us militarily and started building missile silos closer and closer to our borders.

We'd have zero inclination to work with the "outside" world when it came to standardising things like human rights & democracy (both of which are imaginary ideas created within a culture, not some external inalienable truth)