May 25, 2018, 07:44:31 PM

Author Topic: Is Schneiderlin a bad player?  (Read 9932 times)

January 22, 2018, 05:31:18 AM
Reply #30

GrantyBoy78

What’s gutting is I thought he’d be a cornerstone of our team but he’s not. He’s just another well-paid, disinterested player.

January 22, 2018, 05:42:51 AM
Reply #31

gizzblue

People don't half go over the top when criticising a player. 'Spineless bastard', 'surrender monkey' and all that sort of nonsense. It's all a bit much.

He's a decent player who doesn't seem to have the mentality to maximise his ability, or fight in a struggling team.
So pretty much just a shithouse ....phrasing what you said .

We should only be playing one DM Guaye with a two of .
Davies and Gylfi going forward or Rooney .
Schneids on the bench or ferry home.

Why do we constantly play shithouse tactics ?...inviting a dry bumming.

January 22, 2018, 08:09:07 AM
Reply #32

Jamokachi

I think it's down to confidence, personally. Seems to be well and truly on its arse.

January 22, 2018, 02:19:33 PM
Reply #33

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno what to make of him this season

Simply simply lovely

January 22, 2018, 02:21:06 PM
Reply #34

Macca77

I think he's a really good player but has completely lost his confidence this season and is struggling to get it back

January 22, 2018, 02:27:53 PM
Reply #35

Django

I think he’s shite. Not mobile, no passing range, no fight. All he seems to do is them stupid lunge tackles that come off 1 in 5 leaving him a walking yellow card.

Not good enough and is completely lacking in attitude which is the worst part and why the fans hate him.

Look at Michael Keane. He’s been shite but is constantly coming out in the press saying he wants it to work and is trying his best. Doesn’t take much.

He’s not even premier league standard I don’t think. Had a good 18 months once. Fuck him off and get someone who’s remotely arsed.

January 22, 2018, 02:35:59 PM
Reply #36

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Didn’t Pochettino want to take him to Spurs but S’hampton wouldn’t sell?

Think there’s enough managers who want him, bought him and pick him to suggest that he’s good enough.

Been disappointed that he’s looked so slow though.

Might be that he needs to play every week to get rhythm in his game.

January 22, 2018, 02:36:43 PM
Reply #37

74Blue

There is a talented player in there, but he is severely lacking in bottle. In the position that he plays, you can have all the talent in the world, but if you lack the balls to stick your foot in where it matters, you're fucking useless.
In summary, he's a gutless pile of shite!

January 22, 2018, 03:07:16 PM
Reply #38

Lincs Toffee

Give him a big dose of passion a load of aggression, some more vision and a new pair of shiny big balls and maybe we have a player again, but at present yes he's fucking bad, right who's next ?
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

January 22, 2018, 03:14:01 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

His last run of sustained good form was nearly three years ago at Southampton. When are we going to stop making excuses for a player whose best days are clearly behind him. It's not his body that has caught up with him as he's not old so clearly his mental state is such that he either doesn't fancy it here or he doesn't fancy busting a gut anymore, now he's been on six figures a week for a good few years. He wouldn't be the first to lose the hunger and he won't be the last.

January 22, 2018, 06:23:43 PM
Reply #40

SANA_DR0

He's been pretty awful this season but for the six months he came in last season, he was one of our best players and looked like Gareth Barry with the ability to move.

What's become the issue?

Is he a victim or our terrible season, is he just lacking confidence or is he actually just a bit shit?

i would say he is more than a bit shit, he played decent the 6months when he initially joined us, I didnt think he was special or amazing.. or a rolls royce as many everton fans stated.. He was like McCarthy but not injured.. (yes i rate McCarthy; his best displays are the same as Schneiderlins) he did well for Saints, all them moons ago. did F all for Man utd, (for some reason i guess its got to do with payment clauses  for various players we have sold to man utd) we get their cast offs, for some reason our fans have aways loved MAN UTD castoffs.. such as Gibson/Neville/Howard (he did well for a few years) Saha/Gibson/Cleverley...)  while we have sold them our fucking star players, Lukaku,Rooney and Fellaini.

Howard was good for maybe 3 seasons. Neville well i hated him always and still do, He never offered anything apart from experience at being at man utd.

anyway, they give us shit. and for some reason Evertonians lap it up.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 22, 2018, 07:54:55 PM
Reply #41

Green Bucket

He doesn't want the ball. That makes him a worse than a bad player. Watch him. He never demands the ball. He never makes angles to receive the ball. He could win the National Hide and Seek Championship during a game. If the ball gets passed to him he looks terrified and he immediately hits the shortest pass possible to another player who usually doesn't want it either. We are currently blessed with a lot of spineless players and he's the Chief Invertebrate.

He wasn't always like this.

Barry, even though his legs had gone, always took the ball and got stick if he got caught or hit a wayward pass. He would just shrug it off and go again. He spent three seasons trying to start moves from the back because no one else had the bottle. It's called taking responsibility. Schneiderlin's the polar opposite. A footballer who doesn't want the ball. Nyarko's ghost.
Hey! Where are you going with that green bucket?

January 22, 2018, 07:56:21 PM
Reply #42

Faceatthefence

Unpopular opinion, but I think he was one of our better players yesterday, although he was still way too passive.

But yes, we need so much more from him.
Dont feel bad about it,he was a one on ratings...that was for putting his shirt on with the club crest on the front.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

January 22, 2018, 08:12:26 PM
Reply #43

formerKHL

ask yourself this those of you who play/played footy...

how hard was it to pass the ball into someone who is already man marked.......

and for me therein lies the problem......everyone wants him to play the ball forward all the time....who to ?

DCL ? cant lose his marker and find space......
NIasse......well it's niasse.....

hopefully Tosun will give him that pass......as well maybe bolasi and Walcott out wide will do...

remember last season (his best games for us) he had both barkley and Lukaku in front of him...

he does tend to play the short pass but that's probably because he's got rooney and sugurdson/Gueye next to him...easy ball....

if his job/instructions are win it and give it ..then he's doing his job...isn't he? I think his "lack of bottle" as people are saying are more an instruction to curb his yellow and red cards....

Just my opinion....

January 22, 2018, 08:23:45 PM
Reply #44

gizzblue

ask yourself this those of you who play/played footy...

how hard was it to pass the ball into someone who is already man marked.......

and for me therein lies the problem......everyone wants him to play the ball forward all the time....who to ?

DCL ? cant lose his marker and find space......
NIasse......well it's niasse.....

hopefully Tosun will give him that pass......as well maybe bolasi and Walcott out wide will do...

remember last season (his best games for us) he had both barkley and Lukaku in front of him...

he does tend to play the short pass but that's probably because he's got rooney and sugurdson/Gueye next to him...easy ball....

if his job/instructions are win it and give it ..then he's doing his job...isn't he? I think his "lack of bottle" as people are saying are more an instruction to curb his yellow and red cards....

Just my opinion....
Agree in some part but you added lukaku who's first touch marked or not was/is still fucking awful at best....but as for Schneids I've said before he's a victim of his own downfall ...we all know he can play he just isn't showing fuck all of a glimpse of himself these days.. .where as others are doing cameos of themselves at times even Jags in the derby was showing ..the aforementioned Schneider is gone completely.