August 18, 2018, 11:31:19 PM

Author Topic: Is Schneiderlin a bad player?  (Read 11102 times)

January 29, 2018, 09:04:40 PM
Reply #90

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Schneiderlin plus Barkley plus Mirallas plus Lennon sees us about evens or even up with money saved off the wage bill, seeing as we only paid 20m euros up front for Tosun, with the potential for a further fee for Mirallas at the end of the season.

I forgot we got money for Barkley, and completely forgot about Mirallas at all.  Says everything I guess.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

January 29, 2018, 09:11:21 PM
Reply #91

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Can totally see us rejecting this some how for some unknown reason and giving him a new deal and wage increase.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 29, 2018, 09:14:27 PM
Reply #92

nwatson

20 million bid from West Ham.
I'll get the next ferry over from Belfast, hire a Car, and drive him there myself.

January 29, 2018, 09:14:49 PM
Reply #93

Lxxx

Wouldn't be such a bad move to try Sigurdsson in Schneiderlin's place with the protection of Gueye next to him, if the move comes off. I think he could make a pretty decent midfielder and extend his career there. He's never a 45m one but we are where we are. 

January 29, 2018, 09:20:50 PM
Reply #94

Waltzer

Would we need a replacement though, especially with McCarthy being out?

This is Everton, we'll think that far ahead once the window has closed

January 29, 2018, 09:24:23 PM
Reply #95

Macca77

Replace him with N'Zonzi

Simples

January 29, 2018, 09:24:32 PM
Reply #96

kramer0

Wouldn't be such a bad move to try Sigurdsson in Schneiderlin's place with the protection of Gueye next to him, if the move comes off. I think he could make a pretty decent midfielder and extend his career there. He's never a 45m one but we are where we are. 

Agreed. Gana gives us the ability to play with two box-to-box midfielders, provided he actually stays in position (which he has done when asked to play as a lone DM this season).

Gana-Sigurdsson-Davies
Gana-Rooney-Davies
Gana-Rooney-Sigurdsson (probably not going to happen based on Allardyce's comments)

I'd be happy with any of those midfield configurations.

January 29, 2018, 09:24:59 PM
Reply #97

toshyboy

Replace him with N'Zonzi

Simples

Would be a great move

January 29, 2018, 09:31:07 PM
Reply #98

formerKHL

Replace him with N'Zonzi

Simples
THIS or keep him..

January 29, 2018, 09:31:36 PM
Reply #99

Major Clanger

Back to the OP - is there a difference between a bad player or a good player that consistently puts in bad performances?

A bad player can be relied upon to produce a certain level of performance, even if that level isn't too high. You can organise your team to cover up his weaknesses, you can only deploy him in certain situations and so on, you've got a whole host of options.

A good player playing badly is worse, as you can't build anything on him, no consistency to his game, not even in his mistakes, there's literally fuck all you can do.

And that's before we get into how it affects the dressing room.

So for practical reasons I'd much rather have a shit player playing his heart out than a good player who can't be arsed.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 29, 2018, 09:38:22 PM
Reply #100

Lxxx

Agreed. Gana gives us the ability to play with two box-to-box midfielders, provided he actually stays in position (which he has done when asked to play as a lone DM this season).

Gana-Sigurdsson-Davies
Gana-Rooney-Davies
Gana-Rooney-Sigurdsson (probably not going to happen based on Allardyce's comments)

I'd be happy with any of those midfield configurations.

I'd even factor Klaassan in there if he can prove he has a little more cojones to his game than he first showed. We're now starting to get some pace and movement back into the team which would probably suit his game a lot more as he looks like his strengths are manipulating the ball quickly to build and then finish attacks, which should in theory be easier with players around him who are now a little more mobile and offensive.

January 29, 2018, 09:41:12 PM
Reply #101

kramer0

I'd even factor Klaassan in there if he can prove he has a little more cojones to his game than he first showed. We're now starting to get some pace and movement back into the team which would probably suit his game a lot more as he looks like his strengths are manipulating the ball quickly to build and then finish attacks, which should in theory be easier with players around him who are now a little more mobile and offensive.

I'd like another look at Klaassen but I'm resigned to the fact that Allardyce wants to get rid of him.

January 29, 2018, 09:58:41 PM
Reply #102

Gary1878

Good Points:

- Can get out of tight spot with very good ball control
- Passes sideways very well
- Can take people out when they drift past him

Bad Points

- Doesn't score
- Doesn't create
- Doesn't look forwards for a pass
- Doesn't dribble
- Isn't fast

Why is he even in our squad let alone first team. Genuinely would rather see Klaassen being given a go for a few games in CM. At least he has a track record of doing something in games.

January 29, 2018, 10:03:25 PM
Reply #103

Macca77

My 6 month old nephew is a better dribbler

January 29, 2018, 10:06:19 PM
Reply #104

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Is this to make room for next week Nzonzi
Simply simply lovely