November 22, 2018, 02:47:03 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester  (Read 19540 times)

January 23, 2018, 11:29:34 PM
Reply #60

GrantyBoy78

I think Leicester have got a much better squad than us. And they’re an actual team; they have a way of playing and players know their job. Oh, and they’re nicely balanced with good options off the bench. We’re a fair way off these and think the league standings, come May, will reinforce that.

January 24, 2018, 06:18:25 AM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno what to say about formation you know. I wanted sig in the middle, bolasie and Walcott wide and tosun up top and we were terrible until that was ripped up.

Maybe it’s time to face facts and 4-4-2 the fucker.

Picks

Kenny Holgate Williams/Keane Cuco

Walcott schneiderlin Gana Bolasie

Sig/Rooney

Tosun

Rooney arguably the Prems best second striker ever and has scored and assisted plenty so far, let’s get him up near the box and get him on it? Sig would probably benefit as well.

Obviously the midfield is still an issue but wtf do you want me to do there.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 24, 2018, 07:09:15 AM
Reply #62

bacon sarnie

Vardy & Mahrez will have a right party if they get to play against Williams & Jagielka. Only way out of a hiding is if Pickford has a worldie.

Word. Aye........

January 24, 2018, 03:38:02 PM
Reply #63

Toddacelli

Dunno what to say about formation you know. I wanted sig in the middle, bolasie and Walcott wide and tosun up top and we were terrible until that was ripped up.

Maybe it’s time to face facts and 4-4-2 the fucker.

Picks

Kenny Holgate Williams/Keane Cuco

Walcott Baningime Gana Bolasie

Sig/Rooney

Tosun

Rooney arguably the Prems best second striker ever and has scored and assisted plenty so far, let’s get him up near the box and get him on it? Sig would probably benefit as well.

Obviously the midfield is still an issue but wtf do you want me to do there.

This. Fixed.

Swapped Schneiderlin for Baningime and Sandro and Vlasic to come on for Rooney and Bolasie with 25 to go.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:39:27 PM by Toddacelli »

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 24, 2018, 03:40:10 PM
Reply #64

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Although Garbutt wasn't great last night I do think we will see him against Leicester.

I would like to see (and think it could well be):

Pickford
Martina   Holgate  Williams  Garbutt
Gueye  Rooney
Walcott        Sig       Bolasie
DCL/Tosun

I really think that having a left footed LB that can overlap Bolasie will see a massive improvement in our attacking play.

I think we forget how well Martina played at RB in the few games he played there, he's defensively sound and does get forward and help the wingers out, he just can't do that on the other side.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:45:22 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 24, 2018, 04:05:10 PM
Reply #65

Cereal Killer

I think we forget how well Martina played at RB in the few games he played there, he's defensively sound and does get forward and help the wingers out, he just can't do that on the other side.

:hmph: just no

I think his completely shocking performances at left back have dulled people's memories to the truly shit performances at right back, he's not defensively sound and was a complete liability

January 24, 2018, 04:48:55 PM
Reply #66

sam of the south

Pickford
      Kenny Keane Holgate Garbutt
                Gana Sigurdsson
                      Vlasic
          Walcott Tosun Lookman

Subs: Robles, Jagielka, Baningime, Davies, Rooney, Bolasie, Niasse

Win 9-4
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 24, 2018, 05:24:53 PM
Reply #67

Macca77

I'd have Coleman in the squad, lash him on the bench, will give the whole place a huge lift.

January 24, 2018, 11:19:01 PM
Reply #68

everton1952

Pickford
      Kenny Keane Holgate Garbutt
                Gana Sigurdsson
                      Vlasic
          Walcott Tosun Lookman

Subs: Robles, Jagielka, Baningime, Davies, Rooney, Bolasie, Niasse

Win 9-4
You can't pick Garbutt until the Arsenal game according to the Echo. Everton have to wait until February before submitting their new squad names, Leicester is on 31st January.

January 24, 2018, 11:39:17 PM
Reply #69

sam of the south

You can't pick Garbutt until the Arsenal game according to the Echo. Everton have to wait until February before submitting their new squad names, Leicester is on 31st January.

Oh no.

Well, Martina instead, then, and we'll win 9-6

January 24, 2018, 11:46:42 PM
Reply #70

D15TIN

Might still be soon, but it's not for another week - could coleman feature?

January 25, 2018, 12:05:29 AM
Reply #71

sam of the south

Might still be soon, but it's not for another week - could coleman feature?

I just have a vision of Mahrez, out of character, doing him studs up, then moving to the RS in the summer, and it all becoming clear

January 25, 2018, 08:49:32 AM
Reply #72

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Makes no sense. Walcott and Tucson shouldn’t be allowed to play either then.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 25, 2018, 02:19:30 PM
Reply #73

Macca77

Garbutt is shit lads, don't be pinning your hopes on things improving down the left.

That said, he's better than Martina so can't get any worse

January 25, 2018, 04:44:30 PM
Reply #74

Dr. Sponge

Garbutt is shit lads, don't be pinning your hopes on things improving down the left.

That said, he's better than Martina so can't get any worse

From what I've seen he puts a mean cross in with his left, so I'm presuming it's his defensive capabilities that's the problem. Not looking forward to him getting rinsed by a decent winger.