August 20, 2018, 10:16:33 AM

Author Topic: [News]The rollercoaster that is supporting Everton  (Read 863 times)

January 22, 2018, 07:18:54 PM
Read 863 times

Everton News

The rollercoaster that is supporting Everton

At first glance, or in fact at any glance, Theo Walcott and I don't have much in common, however we did both make our debuts for this great club this weekend, Theo at the magnificent theatre that is Goodison Park and me in my lounge, laptop on knee!

Source: The rollercoaster that is supporting Everton

January 22, 2018, 07:48:54 PM
Reply #1

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I don’t understand how this was the writer’s ‘debut’ for Everton. Is it the first time he’s seen us play?

January 22, 2018, 07:53:56 PM
Reply #2

formerKHL

on  a similar "theme" (I think)

I was having a conversation this morning with a man utd person.....the topic being sanchez....I asked the question re the alleged £500k per week salary and were they happy he was getting paid that amount....he could only quantify the clubs stance by merely saying if they won the CL and the PL with him it would easily justify it .....I suggested that weren't they in fact just "buying" both trophies and the salary wouldn't guarantee the success.....his retort was if everton could do it they would...

Got me thinking...would you be happy to spend your hard earned cash to go watch an everton player/s on £500k per week ?

January 22, 2018, 08:05:31 PM
Reply #3

Faceatthefence

on  a similar "theme" (I think)

I was having a conversation this morning with a man utd person.....the topic being sanchez....I asked the question re the alleged £500k per week salary and were they happy he was getting paid that amount....he could only quantify the clubs stance by merely saying if they won the CL and the PL with him it would easily justify it .....I suggested that weren't they in fact just "buying" both trophies and the salary wouldn't guarantee the success.....his retort was if everton could do it they would...

Got me thinking...would you be happy to spend your hard earned cash to go watch an everton player/s on £500k per week ?
Many will tell you its not the fans problem what the the board deems the going rate for players,it becomes laughable when you compare it to our former binman goalie who on 10 grand a week was probably the best in the world.But the money in terrestrial  tv is silly,so really it reflects what players base their talent and wages on.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

January 22, 2018, 08:14:06 PM
Reply #4

formerKHL

Many will tell you its not the fans problem what the the board deems the going rate for players,it becomes laughable when you compare it to our former binman goalie who on 10 grand a week was probably the best in the world.But the money in terrestrial  tv is silly,so really it reflects what players base their talent and wages on.

get what your saying but would you be happy watching everton players earning £500k per week.....

January 22, 2018, 08:17:05 PM
Reply #5

gizzblue

Not playing this shit ....but if we were winning trophies left and right ,in all honestly i couldn't give a shiny shite what they get paid  .

January 22, 2018, 08:18:59 PM
Reply #6

formerKHL

Not playing this shit ....but if we were winning trophies left and right ,in all honestly i couldn't give a shiny shite what they get paid  .

at least your honest haha

January 22, 2018, 08:20:48 PM
Reply #7

Faceatthefence

get what your saying but would you be happy watching everton players earning £500k per week.....
No mate i really wouldnt.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

January 22, 2018, 08:40:25 PM
Reply #8

WeimaranerBlues

fook for 500k a week  i'd want world class performnces every game aka Messi ,   

January 22, 2018, 09:59:01 PM
Reply #9

Mayor Farnum

I thought rollercoasters went up occasionally.

January 22, 2018, 10:05:32 PM
Reply #10

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 22, 2018, 10:06:02 PM
Reply #11

sam of the south

I thought rollercoasters went up occasionally.

We might have to go up in a few years
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 22, 2018, 10:10:17 PM
Reply #12

Rodenplav64

Its all a bit too much at times .

January 22, 2018, 10:31:14 PM
Reply #13

Macca77

Life is a roller coaster just gotta ride it

January 22, 2018, 10:38:41 PM
Reply #14

BlueForYou

Down Down (deeper and down)

Up, Up And Away
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick