August 20, 2018, 03:32:56 PM

Author Topic: Phil Neville  (Read 1371 times)

January 24, 2018, 10:33:10 PM
Reply #15

irishtoffee

Deleted his twitter account after people found jokes he wrote about domestic violence and sexist comments years ago
The only one I saw was apologising for saying morning men in a previous tweet. He said he didn't include women as he assumed they would be cleaning and making breakfast? An attempt at humour but I haven't seen any mention of mocking domestic violence. Maybe I missed them

January 24, 2018, 11:19:46 PM
Reply #16

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
How hard is it for the FA to do a modicum of due diligence before offering someone a high profile job like this?

Itís beyond belief in this climate that it doesnít occur to them or their advisers to have a quick search on Twitter or other online media, to see if thereís anything that might want to be considered, or at the very least deleted before the appointment goes public to avoid any scandal.

For those saying how itís not that big a deal, I think youíre having trouble empathising with what it might be like to be a woman with him appointed now as your boss. Itís not the crime of the century, but itís not exactly great, and I donít think itís an unreasonable bar for hiring a man into a role in charge of women to require that they havenít made sexist jokes in public in the past. 

January 24, 2018, 11:44:46 PM
Reply #17

Major Clanger

How hard is it for the FA to do a modicum of due diligence before offering someone a high profile job like this?

Itís beyond belief in this climate that it doesnít occur to them or their advisers to have a quick search on Twitter or other online media, to see if thereís anything that might want to be considered, or at the very least deleted before the appointment goes public to avoid any scandal.

For those saying how itís not that big a deal, I think youíre having trouble empathising with what it might be like to be a woman with him appointed now as your boss. Itís not the crime of the century, but itís not exactly great, and I donít think itís an unreasonable bar for hiring a man into a role in charge of women to require that they havenít made sexist jokes in public in the past.

We're talking about footballers here.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 25, 2018, 12:17:44 AM
Reply #18

irishtoffee

We're talking about footballers here.
We must have real saints on the forum here. Surely 99% of people at some stage in their lives have made a throw away remark or attempted joke  that could be deemed sexist or racist or discriminatory in some fashion.

January 25, 2018, 12:32:29 AM
Reply #19

Major Clanger

We must have real saints on the forum here. Surely 99% of people at some stage in their lives have made a throw away remark or attempted joke  that could be deemed sexist or racist or discriminatory in some fashion.

Not necessarily in public though.

Obviously I made my remark tongue in cheek, but I genuinely think that while it's important to call out sexism, absolutism in this field is not helpful. We should make the punishment fit the crime: while a stupid joke made in public should not be waved away as banter, it should be possible to redeem yourself if that's really all you had done.

January 25, 2018, 01:09:57 AM
Reply #20

Macca77

Yep, I do on a daily basis

January 25, 2018, 01:12:12 AM
Reply #21

irishtoffee

I think people are going out of there way to make something out of nothing, more and more these days. Glad the FA have ignored it. Should never have been a story, same with the holgate tweet saga

January 25, 2018, 01:22:16 AM
Reply #22

Major Clanger

I think people are going out of there way to make something out of nothing, more and more these days. Glad the FA have ignored it. Should never have been a story, same with the holgate tweet saga

The problem is that he's got no track record of working with women whatsoever. This irks many for obvious reasons, but also on the day of the sentencing of Larry Nassar it's understandable that people are a bit cautious.

January 25, 2018, 01:27:22 AM
Reply #23

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Every day
I work in an office full of women and I say daft things I neither believe in or want but to get a rise out if them
Simply simply lovely

January 25, 2018, 01:38:07 AM
Reply #24

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Is the I battered my wife tweet of a parody?
Sky been running it all day
Simply simply lovely

January 25, 2018, 01:48:14 AM
Reply #25

eugene

Confirmed as the new England Womens head coach. Interesting to see how he does. Good to see a 'high profile' name from the men's game get involved, can only serve to boost the interest, from both the media and public.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42709928
Ffs didnít he throw his hat in the ring for the Everton job? Wow is this really the next best? Now what does that say

January 25, 2018, 03:17:03 AM
Reply #26

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Is the I battered my wife tweet of a parody?
Sky been running it all day

no its from him

EDIT: actually dont think it was
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:29:35 AM by Audrey Horne »
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

January 25, 2018, 02:34:53 PM
Reply #27

Rodenplav64

Not in the pretend world of internet forums . Got to go anyway as its my turn to wash the breakfast dishes .

January 25, 2018, 03:22:20 PM
Reply #28

Bally

Administrator
Everyday occurrence for me
It's the roll I way

January 25, 2018, 05:59:17 PM
Reply #29

Rodenplav64

The problem is that he's got no track record of working with women whatsoever. This irks many for obvious reasons, but also on the day of the sentencing of Larry Nassar it's understandable that people are a bit cautious.

Larry Nassar is a serious predatory paedophile there is a massive difference in the 2 roles . One is with adults and one is with children and adults who are physically not far off children . It is a statement of how ridiculously kneejerk our society has become . You can tell from the tweets he is involved in banter with someone . Or did his wife divorce him over them ?