October 16, 2018, 08:31:16 AM

Author Topic: Everton talking to PSV supremo Marcel Brands about joining their player recruitm  (Read 805 times)

January 24, 2018, 06:53:20 AM
Read 805 times

Ravardo

The 54-year-old helped Louis van Gaal make Alkmaar surprise champions and has produced a string of stars in Eindhoven

Marcel Brands, the director of football at PSV Eindhoven, is in talks with Everton .

The 54 year-old recruitment chief has been with the Dutch league leaders since 2010.

Before that, he spent five years as director of football with AZ Alkmaar and recruited Louis van Gaal as his manager.

Van Gaal would go on to lead Alkmaar to a remarkable title triumph

Brands has made around £200million in transfer revenue for PSV by recruiting and later selling the likes of Gino Wijnaldum, Memphis Depay and Kevin Strootman.

It is understood that if he joins Everton he will be asked to provide a global dimension to the work of their director of football Steve Walsh.
from the mirror

January 24, 2018, 07:10:13 AM
Reply #1

Thornton_19

Reminds me of when Chelsea hired Avram Grant as director of football were in reality he was just there to replace Mourinho because he had fallen out with Abramovic.

Smells like he will replace Walsh when we bin him off in the summer. Just seems to convenient we are looking to hire a better qualified man to be under Walsh.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:14:05 AM by Thornton_19 »

January 24, 2018, 07:46:50 AM
Reply #2

kramer0

Seems a bit much to hire a whole new person just to show Steve Walsh how to  remove the "plays in Premier LeagueĒ and "over 27Ē filters in his spreadsheet.

January 24, 2018, 07:57:26 AM
Reply #3

Ramjam

Personally I canít fuckin wait til this season is over, we are in such a mess both on and off the field itís now ridiculous. Every Tom, Dick and Harry getting linked to us now itís all getting a bit much to take on board when we are so desperate for points just to secure top flight football for next season.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 24, 2018, 02:49:05 PM
Reply #4

Hawkandro

Certainly seems as if the Walsh experiment hasn't worked. The lack of a striker to replace Lukaku was bad enough, but the lack of a left-back is downright dereliction of his duty. If we are insisting on employing a Director of Football, then it makes sense to employ someone who has had success and experience in that role.

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 24, 2018, 02:59:06 PM
Reply #5

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Personally I canít fuckin wait til this season is over, we are in such a mess both on and off the field itís now ridiculous. Every Tom, Dick and Harry getting linked to us now itís all getting a bit much to take on board when we are so desperate for points just to secure top flight football for next season.

Am not convinced it will be much different next season t.b.h. Depressing thought.

January 24, 2018, 03:01:17 PM
Reply #6

Hawkandro

I absolutely HATE this season, and it feels like it has gone on for about 16 months so far. Even when we were struggling under Smith, Kendall and the early days of Moyes, you knew we would fight and scrap for the game. This team literally have no redeemable features I can think of.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.