October 17, 2018, 10:38:19 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley Chelsea Debut  (Read 11354 times)

January 25, 2018, 04:03:16 PM
Read 11354 times

dangermouse

Conte on Barkley after their defeat to Arsenal last night...

"When there is an injury to one of your best players it is not simple," Conte said. "Especially when on the bench the only substitute is Ross Barkley.

"Barkley has a lot of space for improvement, he is working with us only two weeks but for sure today I was forced to make this substitution, but he can improve a lot."

OUCH

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ross-barkley-receives-bizarre-criticism-14200063
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

January 25, 2018, 04:22:28 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
And Barkley thought Koeman was hard on him.

I think this is one of those Chelsea transfers that the manager didn't have a lot of say in. It's not the first time Conte's made similar, less than enthusiastic comments about Barkley, it makes the suggestion that they've bought him just to turn him into profit all the more believable.

January 25, 2018, 04:27:18 PM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Conte on Barkley after their defeat to Arsenal last night...

"When there is an injury to one of your best players it is not simple," Conte said. "Especially when on the bench the only substitute is Ross Barkley.

"Barkley has a lot of space for improvement, he is working with us only two weeks but for sure today I was forced to make this substitution, but he can improve a lot."

OUCH

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ross-barkley-receives-bizarre-criticism-14200063

But, will he improve a lot ? Personally doubt it.

January 25, 2018, 04:29:53 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
And Barkley thought Koeman was hard on him.

I think this is one of those Chelsea transfers that the manager didn't have a lot of say in. It's not the first time Conte's made similar, less than enthusiastic comments about Barkley, it makes the suggestion that they've bought him just to turn him into profit all the more believable.

No doubt he will make them a profit, half decent couple of games, nothing spectacular and they could still flip him for 30-40 million under the next Manager in 6 months time.

January 25, 2018, 05:11:03 PM
Reply #4

Mayor Farnum

I think he may have meant that everyone else on the bench was a youngster and thus Barkley his only option.

January 25, 2018, 06:37:44 PM
Reply #5

74Blue

Not really glowing words of encouragement there. I think Barkley's dropped a massive bollock going to Chelsea tbh. He needs an arm round the shoulder type of manager to get the best out of him. Conte is just not that type. Roberto Martinez was perhaps too much that type of manager and probably over-indulged  Ross' need to feel the love. He needs lots of encouragement with a sprinkling of constructive criticism. Under RM, he got none of the latter.
Anyway, he's Chelsea's problem now, so fuck him!

January 25, 2018, 10:25:11 PM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

Loved his last second corner. Everyone up including the keeper and he hits the first man. He got slaughter on twitter too. They want a refund

January 26, 2018, 12:31:54 AM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
Still haven't quite come to terms that he's there.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 26, 2018, 12:36:36 AM
Reply #8

gizzblue

Hope nobody was booing him in a cock-a-ney  accent for poor corners aww diddums...

In all honesty couldn't write that without giggling 😅😅

January 26, 2018, 12:57:20 AM
Reply #9

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Out for a good 6 months, comes on and isn't up to speed. Wow. I'm shocked
Simply simply lovely

January 26, 2018, 01:29:38 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator

The worry if you're Barkley or a Chelsea fan is it just looked like a similar performance that we've seen plenty times over the years from a match fit Barkley.

January 26, 2018, 01:44:18 AM
Reply #11

KoemansNumberTens

But their complaints were very much similar to the complaints he got when playing for us. Suggests maybe he is up to speed

January 26, 2018, 01:44:50 AM
Reply #12

KoemansNumberTens

The worry if you're Barkley or a Chelsea fan is it just looked like a similar performance that we've seen plenty times over the years from a match fit Barkley.

Beat me to it

January 26, 2018, 01:56:40 AM
Reply #13

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I agree with that. Bit early to write him off tho imo
Simply simply lovely

January 26, 2018, 02:09:17 AM
Reply #14

gizzblue

Yeah I agree with that. Bit early to write him off tho imo
Thing is if his next performance is as poor ...when will somebody who is obvs week mentally start letting it get to him ...if he read Conte's but in the paper he could already be full of doubts .