June 22, 2018, 02:59:13 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley Chelsea Debut  (Read 7172 times)

March 05, 2018, 03:05:59 AM
Reply #60

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, sigurdson is a lot better for me and I think 95% of managers out there take him over Barkley.

And that's coming from someone who ridiculed people for saying this a year ago.
Them together would be great
Simply simply lovely

March 05, 2018, 03:09:15 AM
Reply #61

gizzblue

Sig is really where he should be aiming now tbh. ...although hasn't got Sigs work rate or composure at all .
Wouldn't want him back either, cunts trick he and his agent pulled on the club....so you could add a serious lack of loyalty to the bad things about him in too .

March 05, 2018, 04:44:12 AM
Reply #62

Ross

Need your bumps read if you think Sigurdsson is a better player than Barkley.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 05, 2018, 04:54:52 AM
Reply #63

Shogun

Administrator
You'd never see Barkley scoring the goal Gylfi got at Anfield.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 05, 2018, 05:06:51 AM
Reply #64

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Need your bumps read if you think Sigurdsson is a better player than Barkley.

What is so good about Barkley though? I honestly haven't given him a second thought since he scored against Watford last year. Take your blue tinted specs off for a minute. He was always more hype than substance. When did he ever turn up against a top team?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 05, 2018, 05:17:28 AM
Reply #65

Bluedylan

What is so good about Barkley though? I honestly haven't given him a second thought since he scored against Watford last year. Take your blue tinted specs off for a minute. He was always more hype than substance. When did he ever turn up against a top team?

Dominated Man City in that game we wanted to lose so the shite didn't win the title. Not just the amazing goal but ran the midfield that day.

Also played very well against City in the cup semi at the Etihad.

Put in some strong displays against Arsenal, home and away.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 05, 2018, 05:18:55 AM
Reply #66

Ross

Yeah youíre right he was awful thinking about it.

Thank god we got shut of him and bought Sigurdsson itís improved us no end.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 05, 2018, 05:24:18 AM
Reply #67

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Dominated Man City in that game we wanted to lose so the shite didn't win the title. Not just the amazing goal but ran the midfield that day.

In that away semi he played well up until his goal then like the rest of the team we were blown away.

I didn't watch the game against City after he scored the wonder goal so can't comment. The 3-0 Arsenal game he played well as did the whole team.

March 05, 2018, 05:26:17 AM
Reply #68

gizzblue

So four games in as many years 😅😅.. dont forget that 45 mins against Newcastle once.

March 05, 2018, 05:26:43 AM
Reply #69

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah youíre right he was awful thinking about it.

Thank god we got shut of him and bought Sigurdsson itís improved us no end.

So, you revert to sarcasm rather than engage in reasoned debate? I have a different opinion of Barkley than you but I respect that you feel differently. I just don't think that the over-hyped, shit house is a big miss.

March 05, 2018, 05:28:48 AM
Reply #70

Jamokachi

Player leaves club, instantly derided by fans. What a shocker.

Barkley is a good player, and we would be better off with him. Is he better than Gylfi? At the moment probably not. Does that make hima bad player? Not at all.

Far too much hyperbole going on in this thread.

March 05, 2018, 05:30:03 AM
Reply #71

Shogun

Administrator
I still think Barkley is a very good player though that hamstring injury will ruin him. Looked like a major operation he went under and itís already come back to give him problems.

I wasnít a fan of Sigurdsson that much before he came heís really settled in recent months.

Incredibly hard working.
Very strong on the ball.
Can unleash a hell of a shot.
Those free kicks in the centre (near enough) from 30+ yards that heís bends into the area, thereís nobody better.
Super-composed.

Itís a shame he doesnít have more of an eye for a pass (though look at his role in the goal v Burnley) but thatís the only criticism.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 05, 2018, 05:31:29 AM
Reply #72

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Player leaves club, instantly derided by fans. What a shocker.

Barkley is a good player, and we would be better off with him. Is he better than Gylfi? At the moment probably not. Does that make hima bad player? Not at all.

Far too much hyperbole going on in this thread.

Got nothing to do with him leaving for me at all. He was good at times but nothing more in my humble. Like I've said I've not list any sleep about him going

March 05, 2018, 05:37:58 AM
Reply #73

Jamokachi

Got nothing to do with him leaving for me at all. He was good at times but nothing more in my humble. Like I've said I've not list any sleep about him going

You're more of the level headed ones around here, the comment wasn't really directed at you. And I don't think anyone has lost any sleep, lets be fair.

The lad was a good player for us, that can't be denied.

March 05, 2018, 05:41:17 AM
Reply #74

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
You're more of the level headed ones around here, the comment wasn't really directed at you. And I don't think anyone has lost any sleep, lets be fair.

The lad was a good player for us, that can't be denied.

We all wanted him to be great, and those flashes like Newcastle away, the free kick against Swansea gave us hope. But just looking back over his time with us he wasn't as good as we all hoped he would be. As I've said before, he's one of those who needs things to be going well for him and doesn't appear to have the mental strength when things go wrong.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:46:46 AM by Brownie20 »