October 18, 2018, 02:35:32 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley Chelsea Debut  (Read 11373 times)

January 26, 2018, 02:10:09 AM
Reply #15

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Thing is if his next performance is as poor ...when will somebody who is obvs week mentally start letting it get to him ...if he read Conte's but in the paper he could already be full of doubts .
Time will tell

Id still have him in our midfield any day of the week
Simply simply lovely

January 26, 2018, 02:11:06 AM
Reply #16

gizzblue

Time will tell

Id still have him in our midfield any day of the week
Not me we have enough shite not performing right here .

January 26, 2018, 02:14:23 AM
Reply #17

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not me we have enough shite not performing right here .
It's all about opinions pal
Simply simply lovely

January 26, 2018, 02:35:23 AM
Reply #18

gizzblue

January 26, 2018, 03:36:58 AM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
Yeah I agree with that. Bit early to write him off tho imo

Perhaps but it is a bit of history repeating itself. It's the old story, there's always an excuse for him. I think it'll be a bad move for him, it was a transfer that barely caused a ripple for the one time future of English football and certainly didn't inspire Chelsea fans. He got a bit of grief from a minority of Everton fans but that will be nothing compared to what the Chelsea fans will give him, injury or not, time is not on his side and if they turn quickly on him his confidence will be shot and we've all seen what he's like when his head drops.

At the end of the day he's played 150 Premier League games and been in and around the league for 6 or 7 years now, he's no longer an inexperienced kid finding his way in the game. I can't help think we'll still be having these conversations when he's 29 and people will still be claiming that the next season is a big season for him or saying he's still got potential.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 03:43:02 AM by Gash »

January 26, 2018, 03:47:01 AM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Perhaps but it is a bit of history repeating itself. It's the old story, there's always an excuse for him. I think it'll be a bad move for him, it was a transfer that barely caused a ripple for the one time future of English football and certainly didn't inspire Chelsea fans. He got a bit of grief from a minority of Everton fans but that will be nothing compared to what the Chelsea fans will give him, injury or not, time is not on his side and if they turn quickly on him his confidence will be shot and we've all seen what he's like when his head drops.

At the end of the day he's played 150 Premier League games and been in and around the league for 6 or 7 years now, he's no longer an inexperienced kid finding his way in the game. I can't help think we'll still be having these conversations when he's 29 and people will still be claiming that the next season is a big season for him or saying he's still got potential.
I doubt theres many who think this is a good move for him but it's been and gone now
Simply simply lovely

January 27, 2018, 03:11:22 AM
Reply #21

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

January 27, 2018, 03:50:51 AM
Reply #22

velimski

Hope he fails miserably.

There, I've said it.

January 27, 2018, 05:01:22 AM
Reply #23

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He's been all potential with a few flashes of brilliance here and there. Perhaps as he matures he may get close to being the player we expected. This is the worst move he could have made from a footballing perspective. I expect him to eventually become one of Leicester's greatest players.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 29, 2018, 04:32:40 AM
Reply #24

Heisenberg

With his poor mental game, a few bad games and benchings and he could be on a slippery slope to running down his massive contract on the bench.

January 31, 2018, 02:50:10 PM
Reply #25

dangermouse

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/jan/26/ross-barkley-stumbling-start-chelsea-antonio-conte#comment-111362645

From that article

"He whirled around a lot, finding pockets of pointless space."   

Haha  just how I remember him playing for us.

He has been out for 6-8 months though so Im not really surprised he had a stinker of a debut. Im sure he will improve but not enough to meet Chelsea standards. I imagine he will spend a season there being a useful sub and then get sold on to West Ham or some other uninteresting team.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

January 31, 2018, 09:42:06 PM
Reply #26

bacon sarnie

Mahrez will end up in the same boat at City and he's a way better player.

February 01, 2018, 04:19:07 AM
Reply #27

chang

Subbed off @ 54 minutes tonight

Think there is an error with the BBC website - it says Chelsea 0 Bournemouth 3  :whistle:

February 01, 2018, 04:33:18 AM
Reply #28

MmmblueBernard

Subbed off @ 54 minutes tonight

Think there is an error with the BBC website - it says Chelsea 0 Bournemouth 3  :whistle:

Not the best of home debuts......

Cant pin all the blame on him mind.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 01, 2018, 07:49:07 AM
Reply #29

Jamokachi

He's still going to be miles of match fitness and sharpness.