1 (1%)
£10m - Vlasic
1 (1%)
£20m - Tosun
0 (0%)
£20m - Walcott
2 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: Best transfer signing since Walsh arrived  (Read 2860 times)

January 26, 2018, 09:09:45 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gueye and Pickford the obvious choices.

I do like Sigurdsson a lot although he'll never live up to the price tag.

Got a feeling the fans will turn on sig before the end of the season
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 26, 2018, 09:17:32 PM
Reply #31

Lxxx

For me personally I went for Pickford because of his quality & age too but I do think Lookman has the potential to be something big in the future.

But I have to say for a free transfer and passion for the club I have to commend Rooney this season.  Yes he isn't the player he was and does get caught out in midfield but his footballing brain is way beyond any other player we have.

If we had signed Giroud in the summer as we had hoped to replace Lukaku and he was sitting at Christmas with 10 premier league goals at the half way point despite how shit the team was playing we would be lauding him and he would have had a good few votes on this poll no doubt.  Yet with Wayne we seem to take him for granted because he is now 'too slow' or 'not the player he once was' despite him probably being the best attacking player we have had all year and his strike rate is pretty damn good this season despite him not even playing as a centre forward most matches.

Yes I know he isn't the answer going forward but he has given us a lot already this season and the younger players will be learning so much as he is a born winner.  Im not ging to go and calculate it all out but If it wasnt for him and the footballing reject that is Niasse (yea I know he is a pre Walsh signing) we would be sitting rock bottom and that is a scary fucking thought the way we are playing.  Here's hoping our new boys make the whole team step up!

Rooney was coming back whether Walsh was here or not. This transfer was probably conducted by Kenwright and Rooney/his representatives as it was the only real option open to the lad and Kenwright is an old sap.

January 26, 2018, 09:54:28 PM
Reply #32

gizzblue

Think anyone who works that hard should be sound .. tbh .

January 26, 2018, 09:59:26 PM
Reply #33

D15TIN

January 27, 2018, 02:20:02 AM
Reply #34

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

Nah. Tries hard and does exactly one pirouette a game that looks like something Zidane might have come up with.

January 27, 2018, 02:54:20 AM
Reply #35

TheTone

2 out of 18 getting the most votes

We've signed some shite

January 27, 2018, 03:48:04 AM
Reply #36

toffee_scot

So far I think Idrissa Gueye, great value for money in today's market.

Pickford would be a reasonably closed 2nd.

I am hoping in time Vlasic, Lookman and Onyekuru prove to be very shrewd buys.

Don't mean to be pedantic but Stekelenburg was bought before Walsh came in but just after Koeman signed.

January 27, 2018, 04:35:15 AM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nah. Tries hard and does exactly one pirouette a game that looks like something Zidane might have come up with.

Not sure you know. He’s very Bikyaletdinov for me at the minute and I am VERY forgiving of lazy or slow players. Reckon the worm will turn.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 27, 2018, 04:38:47 AM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think anyone who works that hard should be sound .. tbh .

Know what your saying but that transfer fee wonít go away anytime soon. On £45m it wonít carry him far enough I donít think.

Gets the odd screamer (which he should and we should play to that) which should alleviate the pressure, but I can just see it happening.

January 27, 2018, 04:50:35 AM
Reply #39

blue slug

Know what your saying but that transfer fee wonít go away anytime soon. On £45m it wonít carry him far enough I donít think.

Gets the odd screamer (which he should and we should play to that) which should alleviate the pressure, but I can just see it happening.

Heís just not a 45m pound player for me

January 27, 2018, 04:55:57 AM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He’s just not a 45m pound player for me

Don’t even know what it means any more me you know. £45m will probably get you Robert Snodgrass in about a year or two.

January 27, 2018, 05:01:57 AM
Reply #41

blue slug

Donít even know what it means any more me you know. £45m will probably get you Robert Snodgrass in about a year or two.

Iíve never rated him that highly we really did get our pants pulled down with his transfer. Itís like we wanted to prove a point that we have money to spend when we should of been looking at players we actually needed to give us some pace and creativity going forward

January 27, 2018, 05:04:16 AM
Reply #42

Thornton_19

I think he is a 45 million pound player. However I think he isn't the 45 million pound player we needed.

Think he works hard though and has done okay so far. It's hard to judge any player in this squad as an individual as a collective they are fucking awful.

January 27, 2018, 06:53:45 AM
Reply #43

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd probably say Mohammad Salah has been certainly one of the best, if not the best signing since Walsh was appointed.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

January 27, 2018, 07:18:32 AM
Reply #44

Mayor Farnum

Gueye and Pickford are the only ones that would come close to retaining what we paid for them. Sad really.