May 28, 2018, 12:53:29 AM

Author Topic: Sportsnight Review 84/85  (Read 1007 times)

January 29, 2018, 03:00:07 AM
Read 1007 times

sam of the south

Ahh, so bittersweet watching this again.

What might have been if, you know.

Reidy's lovely mum, Howard's grimly prophetic last line, the cheesy DJ, and Wogan and his crowd all donning Everton scarves, this is both a treat, and an almighty kick in the guts.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 29, 2018, 04:35:07 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That's kind of depressed me. At the beginning it talks of the chasm between us and them and the 15 years it took to win the league again.

It's almost twice as bad now :(
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 29, 2018, 05:18:14 AM
Reply #2

sam of the south

That's kind of depressed me. At the beginning it talks of the chasm between us and them and the 15 years it took to win the league again.

It's almost twice as bad now :(

I know, man 😔

Proper missed the boat, didn't we.

The advent of the Sky EPL razzamatazz was only seven years after this resounding league win and near treble, and only five years after our last title success.

Fucking criminal neglicence to not be high up in that food chain.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 05:20:19 AM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 29, 2018, 05:46:18 AM
Reply #3

Ramjam

Lump in my throat and a tear in my eye watching that. We have fallen so far from grace since those days, every player in those teams were winners and would accept nothing other than wins and then you have a look at the over paid scumbags running around Goodison Park now who don’t give a fuck about our club just makes me sick.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 29, 2018, 06:06:42 AM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Brought back some memories that like. Graeme sharp was so underrated

Simply simply lovely

January 29, 2018, 06:36:34 AM
Reply #5

gizzblue

Sharpy was brilliant .

January 29, 2018, 06:38:45 AM
Reply #6

boothill

Drogba reminded me of sharpey the way he could volley and head a ball

January 29, 2018, 06:20:53 PM
Reply #7

formerKHL

oh for a derek mountfield nowadays...

apart from lukaku... mountfield as a centre half has probably scored more goals than most of our recent forwards !!!

January 29, 2018, 06:36:23 PM
Reply #8

Toffee1

Does not show it from a great angle but the volleyed pass from Bracewell around 11 minutes 23 seconds in the video to Trevor Steven against Sunderland is a thing of beauty.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:40:42 PM by Toffee1 »

January 30, 2018, 01:20:12 AM
Reply #9

BlueForYou

1987(The Decline):

Kendall left - nothing else worked for him

Harvey, manager - didn't come off

Everton - never been the same, since

Nothing But Second Best (Will Do) - Oh for a football team and the demise of a football club

Thanks for the memories - when only the best was good enough....................... ..................it hurts
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:23:25 AM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 30, 2018, 02:01:52 AM
Reply #10

bacon sarnie

Great to have a team who believed in the club & the manager & players who could put the ball in the net wasn't it.

Aye....!

January 30, 2018, 02:31:53 AM
Reply #11

Stumpy

Does not show it from a great angle but the volleyed pass from Bracewell around 11 minutes 23 seconds in the video to Trevor Steven against Sunderland is a thing of beauty.

Yup,Steven didn't even have to break his stride ,just shrugged off the defender and smashed it in.

January 30, 2018, 03:06:13 AM
Reply #12

KevtheRat

Ahh, so bittersweet watching this again.

What might have been if, you know.

Reidy's lovely mum, Howard's grimly prophetic last line, the cheesy DJ, and Wogan and his crowd all donning Everton scarves, this is both a treat, and an almighty kick in the guts.

The cheesy DJ is Billy Butler, used to do a hilarious show on radio Merseyside on a Sunday morning.

Also related to @Thomas off here if I recall correctly.

January 30, 2018, 03:08:23 AM
Reply #13

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

The cheesy DJ is Billy Butler, used to do a hilarious show on radio Merseyside on a Sunday morning.

Also related to @Thomas off here if I recall correctly.
Hold your plumbs

Simply simply lovely

January 30, 2018, 03:12:04 AM
Reply #14

KevtheRat

Hold your plumbs

That’s the one, him and/or Wally couldn’t speak sometimes they were laughing so much. Best one I can remember was when he asked the woman who phoned in “What was the name of the ship in mutiny on the Bounty?”.