October 14, 2019, 07:56:00 PM

Author Topic: Deadline Day  (Read 22853 times)

January 31, 2018, 06:29:53 PM
Reply #135

civemark

London evening standard reckon Everton enquired about Fulham's Tom Cairney yestersday

January 31, 2018, 06:31:16 PM
Reply #136

MmmblueBernard

Murmurings of Rodwell

Is that the collective term?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 31, 2018, 06:31:44 PM
Reply #137

Macca77

McNulty reckons nobody else in after the Mangala deal is done, just further out goings

January 31, 2018, 06:38:45 PM
Reply #138

Lxxx

McNulty reckons nobody else in after the Mangala deal is done, just further out goings

Not too bad then. Walsh has actually found us a left footed player, although he can't really play left back, but at least he's clearly found that filter on his scouting software so it's a start.

January 31, 2018, 06:53:01 PM
Reply #139

kramer0

London evening standard reckon Everton enquired about Fulham's Tom Cairney yestersday

He's the sort of midfielder I'd want. Keeps the ball well, creates chances.

Fulham aren't selling such an influential player in the middle of a promotion push though.

January 31, 2018, 06:58:05 PM
Reply #140

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's the sort of midfielder I'd want. Keeps the ball well, creates chances.

Fulham aren't selling such an influential player in the middle of a promotion push though.

Won’t get anywhere near him unfortunately
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 31, 2018, 07:01:17 PM
Reply #141

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Won’t get anywhere near him unfortunately

Nah, I reckon we're the biggest club that would come in for him. Could you see him going to any of the top 6?

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 31, 2018, 07:09:49 PM
Reply #142

Crackling

NSNO Subscriber
Why? getting a £35m defender in on loan is hardly disastrous.
He was always ridiculously overpriced and I think they actually paid nearer to £42m.
I live in Manchester and always took the piss out of my City supporting mates that he wouldn't even get in our side, despite his cost. I think he's technically and positionally poor and a hoofer.
The 'disaster' is that he would probably come in and be our best defender now, even though there's been hardly any visible improvement in his game since he's come to England.

January 31, 2018, 07:21:45 PM
Reply #143

Lxxx

He was always ridiculously overpriced and I think they actually paid nearer to £42m.
I live in Manchester and always took the piss out of my City supporting mates that he wouldn't even get in our side, despite his cost. I think he's technically and positionally poor and a hoofer.
The 'disaster' is that he would probably come in and be our best defender now, even though there's been hardly any visible improvement in his game since he's come to England.

Therefore it'd be a decent loan signing then.

January 31, 2018, 07:36:32 PM
Reply #144

WeimaranerBlues

Nah, I reckon we're the biggest club that would come in for him. Could you see him going to any of the top 6?

i could see him going to Chelsea-  might not play though-

but for the fee yes us

it is boring though-  all the hype-  but just repeat-repeat-repeat
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM by WeimaranerBlues »

January 31, 2018, 07:56:46 PM
Reply #145

penguinofdoom1878

Not too bad then. Walsh has actually found us a left footed player, although he can't really play left back, but at least he's clearly found that filter on his scouting software so it's a start.

Cant someone give him £40 to buy a copy of Football Manager and let him search for a left back in that

Player Search - Im looking for a...

first team player
defender left  - any role
VALUE is between £0 - £20m
Tackle, pass, crossing - 15
Age 20 - 28
SEARCH

January 31, 2018, 07:57:59 PM
Reply #146

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Was thinking he looked a bit spurs-y tbh, Fulham have ruled out a move tho apparently
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 31, 2018, 08:03:53 PM
Reply #147

loroloco

its been a strange january window. there´s usually not much movement but there´s been loads this time round. city apparently can´t afford more than 20m for sanchez and then a few days later buy laporte for 57m and offer 55m for mahrez. the aubamayang deal relying on 3 diffrent clubs agreeing to move players on. strange strange strange. on the plus side though we´ve signed another 2 merceneries and a guy nobody had ever heard of before (although tbf i´m probably being a bit unfair on tossun). mangala and walcott though...

there´may be trouble ahead...

January 31, 2018, 08:20:02 PM
Reply #148

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Still hoping for more than a CB in. Still amazed on the LB situation...I mean surely someone on loan even? There is no guarantee Baines will be ready or might have a reoccurrence as has happened before with other injuries he has returned from (probably too soon).

Really wanted someone in at CM too who can pass a ball in a forward direction.

January 31, 2018, 08:20:52 PM
Reply #149

Simon Paul

Administrator
You OK hun?
Sound pal. Nice day in work, then home for smiles off the baby and then the match with good people

And only two weeks before I'm off work again for a week - I've only been back a week,  it's great this!