June 23, 2018, 09:59:44 AM

Author Topic: Deadline Day  (Read 12943 times)

February 01, 2018, 05:16:46 AM
Reply #345

bluenuck

Cos he's better than what we've got

Awesome. So we might pick up a few more points then we would without him and finish 8-9th instead of 10th.

It just seems like a waste of time.

February 01, 2018, 05:17:48 AM
Reply #346

Alanvideo

Sounded more like SA was against Lookman going to Leipzig rather than just going. He said he had other more local loan options but he (lookman) chose them.
...................that's exactly what he said but apparently that counts as 'slagging off the player ' on here.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 01, 2018, 05:18:53 AM
Reply #347

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Awesome. So we might pick up a few more points then we would without him and finish 8-9th instead of 10th.

It just seems like a waste of time.

OR we go on and finish 7th. Sign him and start next season with a functional CB partnership? I can't imagine we're bringing him in without some thought of trying to sign him long term.

Got to try and look for positives after this season :)

February 01, 2018, 05:20:00 AM
Reply #348

bluenuck

OR we go on and finish 7th. Sign him and start next season with a functional CB partnership? I can't imagine we're bringing him in without some thought of trying to sign him long term.

Got to try and look for positives after this season :)

Alright alright.  :)

February 01, 2018, 05:20:28 AM
Reply #349

montanatoffeefan

Then we should support him and try to give him courage as we are supporters of Everton.  At least I will in my mind...(and I am crazy as you know)

That's poetry, Ari....of some sort. What sort, I don't know. But poetry.
Everton forever.

February 01, 2018, 05:21:34 AM
Reply #350

montanatoffeefan

....Got to try and look for positives after this season :)

The only nailed-on positive will be that after this season, this season will be over.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:23:07 AM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.

February 01, 2018, 05:23:16 AM
Reply #351

toffee_scot

I understand the manager's comments about Lookman, it sounds like he had a few loan options closer to home but he chose RB Leipzig, I hope for his sake he settles, adapts and does well.

As for Klaassen, I think it is clear the manager doesn't want him at Everton. It's not often you hear a manager say “We're disappointed but he should be far more disappointed than us that he's still here and not playing in Napoli in the Italian league." The irony is Klaassen will probably still be at Everton long after Allardyce is asked to leave Everton.

February 01, 2018, 05:23:30 AM
Reply #352

Ari

That's poetry, Ari....of some sort. What sort, I don't know. But poetry.

Thank you.

Keane was clearly better tonight than he has been for a long time.  We should highlight that in our minds rather than to the "2-1" moment tonight when almost every member of the team was playing badly.  The summary of it is that Micheal Keane's confidence is coming back I hope.

February 01, 2018, 05:24:35 AM
Reply #353

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, that was my reading of his comments. Sounded to me like there was other options and that the club think it'll be tough for a young lad to be alone in a country where he doesn't speak the language, which seems a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Didn't work for Sandro.

I think Germany will be a different kettle of fish. Don't most German's speak English anyway?
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 01, 2018, 05:24:56 AM
Reply #354

KoemansNumberTens

Got to say I think allardyce is right on lookman and so did everyone else when commenting on it being a strange move

Foreign country, different language, questionable if he'll get minutes. Surely all he's saying he advised him to pick a different option but he was stubborn and ultimately it was his decision.
Hardly slagged him off unless I'm completely misreading it

People on here said it was a strange move...... allardyce says it and he's a monster wanting to eat our prospects with gravy and wash it down with a pint of wine

February 01, 2018, 05:25:20 AM
Reply #355

Jamokachi

Yea, I don't think Sam is annoyed with Lookman for going out on loan, rather where he's decided to go. I wonder if he had a PL option?

February 01, 2018, 05:27:44 AM
Reply #356

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Since haven’t seen all comments about the loan in full so only going on the snippets here, so...

Re Klaassen if he’s not gone somewhere decent where he’d play (and presumably they’d pick up decent wedge of his wages) it’s annoying, especially if he’s not going to play here.

Re Lookman, he needs to play regularly.

If he doesn’t get that at Leipzig, and they’re good so no guarantee at all given his development needs, then not sure what the benefit is compared to going somewhere here on loan where any minute is at least more relevant to the future (with us hopefully).

Not everything the club does is disastrous and not everything a player does is selfless or in the club’s interests.

February 01, 2018, 05:28:06 AM
Reply #357

Ari

Got to say I think allardyce is right on lookman and so did everyone else when commenting on it being a strange move

Foreign country, different language, questionable if he'll get minutes. Surely all he's saying he advised him to pick a different option but he was stubborn and ultimately it was his decision.
Hardly slagged him off unless I'm completely misreading it

People on here said it was a strange move...... allardyce says it and he's a monster wanting to eat our prospects with gravy and wash it down with a pint of wine

February 01, 2018, 05:28:44 AM
Reply #358

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully Mangala deal goes through, still seems mad we didn't sign a LB. Even if just a loan.

Let's hope we've got a really great deal lined up for the summer.

February 01, 2018, 05:30:03 AM
Reply #359

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't work for Sandro.

I think Germany will be a different kettle of fish. Don't most German's speak English anyway?

Yes but still a pain if they say team talk in German then someone has to explain everything to him again.

Not a problem if you’re committing 3/4/5 years there but it’s not ideal for a short term loan when we want him to get as much playing time as possible.