December 11, 2018, 07:06:32 PM

Author Topic: Deadline Day  (Read 16921 times)

February 01, 2018, 04:18:38 PM
Reply #390

Macca77

Fucking state of this

Caption it

So that's a large kebab, 4 portions of sui mais, spring rolls, 3 portions of chips, 3 cartons of gravy and prawn crackers for me, what are you having Steve? Make sure you put in on the clubs account.

February 01, 2018, 04:40:19 PM
Reply #391

van der Meyde

Always weird when you loan a player who's not getting a game, to a team that is much better than you. It's almost like Allardyce's judgement might be questionable.
Lookman definitely, given he'd probably be a similar fit to Walcott.

Most of our signings are pretty good players, most of them wouldn't look out of place playing for a decent Europa League team.

It's probably a bigger indictment of our squad planning/team building for me though.

If you can't create a functional 11 out of them though, they're not much use - and it's hard to see where Klaassen and Sandro fit in with the rest of the squad.

(That said, if you've got youngish players with obvious quality, instead of casting them aside I'd have much preferred us to bring in players to complement them...)

February 01, 2018, 05:15:56 PM
Reply #392

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking state of this

Caption it

You can tell he does no work. Who has a neat and tidy desk and is busy?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 01, 2018, 05:28:09 PM
Reply #393

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Who were the 5 players you reckon had their agents ring us abou tleaving on loan. Allardyce says they were in the squad last night.

DCL has been confirmed.

Niasse, Davies, Schnedierlin seem the most obvious. Who would be the 5th? Kenny?

February 01, 2018, 05:28:22 PM
Reply #394

Jamokachi

You can tell he does no work. Who has a neat and tidy desk and is busy?

I do... it's called OCD.

February 01, 2018, 05:28:53 PM
Reply #395

Jamokachi

Who were the 5 players you reckon had their agents ring us abou tleaving on loan. Allardyce says they were in the squad last night.

DCL has been confirmed.

Niasse, Davies, Schnedierlin seem the most obvious. Who would be the 5th? Kenny?

Dominic King says DCL was one.

February 01, 2018, 05:30:41 PM
Reply #396

Gash

Global Moderator

DCL has been confirmed.

I don't think people are reading this correctly. The way I see it, 5 players agents were approached by other clubs with a view to taking them on loan, the agents then approached the club but people seem to be reading it that the players asked their agents to find them a move.

February 01, 2018, 05:33:31 PM
Reply #397

Lazarou

I do... it's called OCD.

A man after my own heart. Tidy desk, tidy mind.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

February 01, 2018, 05:39:17 PM
Reply #398

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think people are reading this correctly. The way I see it, 5 players agents were approached by other clubs with a view to taking them on loan, the agents then approached the club but people seem to be reading it that the players asked their agents to find them a move.

Probably right - but don't you think the agents would speak to their players before even approaching the club?
Maybe not like. but it's the assumption i'vebeen working on

February 01, 2018, 05:46:26 PM
Reply #399

Gash

Global Moderator
Probably right - but don't you think the agents would speak to their players before even approaching the club?
Maybe not like. but it's the assumption i'vebeen working on

Possibly and it's possible that some of the players were open to a move, especially those who might not be getting many games. But I don't think it's the case of "the players hate Allardyce and want out" which is how some people (not saying you) seem to be trying to portray it as.

February 01, 2018, 05:51:24 PM
Reply #400

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Possibly and it's possible that some of the players were open to a move, especially those who might not be getting many games. But I don't think it's the case of "the players hate Allardyce and want out" which is how some people (not saying you) seem to be trying to portray it as.

ah, i get yoou yeah. I hadn't attached that 'wanting to get out emotion'.
But 100% believe a lot of gnashing of teeth and rage is going on about it on twitter.

I was just curious as to who in our squad was wanted by other clubs (and what clubs)

February 01, 2018, 06:06:06 PM
Reply #401

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
ah, i get yoou yeah. I hadn't attached that 'wanting to get out emotion'.
But 100% believe a lot of gnashing of teeth and rage is going on about it on twitter.

I was just curious as to who in our squad was wanted by other clubs (and what clubs)
Here you go pal

https://twitter.com/GregOK/status/959030952768036865
Simply simply lovely

February 01, 2018, 06:33:19 PM
Reply #402

Lxxx

It's not clear from Allardyce's words on whether the agents approached him after speaking with the players and getting the green light to proceed or not, although you would be surprised it that wasn't the case.
If that is indeed the case, and it can be read that way, then to have your captain and vice captain wanting to leave doesn't send a great signal. I'm guessing West Ham were one of the clubs in for at least one of those players mentioned.

February 01, 2018, 06:41:22 PM
Reply #403

Shogun

Administrator
The loan bids were all from West Ham weren't they
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 01, 2018, 06:49:45 PM
Reply #404

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Phil Kirkbride in the Echo is saying we wanted Lookman to go to Derby.

Potentially a gulf in a difference of opinion between how good our management think Lookman is & how good Lookman/his agent/Leipzig think he is.