September 23, 2019, 04:11:26 PM

Author Topic: Deadline Day  (Read 22218 times)

January 31, 2018, 08:23:13 PM
Read 22218 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If Mangala was really completely useless would he ever play for City, Valencia, Porto, France?

Obvious but no.

We need to take out the fact that if he has a disastrous game for City they donít have to play him the next game and that losing 1 game is a big deal to their season.

Thatís not the case with us, certainly not this season so the scrutiny isnít anywhere near or his relative competitors for the place will have bad games more frequently etc.

On loan too and it really isnít an issue.

February 01, 2018, 05:27:44 AM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Since havenít seen all comments about the loan in full so only going on the snippets here, so...

Re Klaassen if heís not gone somewhere decent where heíd play (and presumably theyíd pick up decent wedge of his wages) itís annoying, especially if heís not going to play here.

Re Lookman, he needs to play regularly.

If he doesnít get that at Leipzig, and theyíre good so no guarantee at all given his development needs, then not sure what the benefit is compared to going somewhere here on loan where any minute is at least more relevant to the future (with us hopefully).

Not everything the club does is disastrous and not everything a player does is selfless or in the clubís interests.

February 01, 2018, 05:30:03 AM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't work for Sandro.

I think Germany will be a different kettle of fish. Don't most German's speak English anyway?

Yes but still a pain if they say team talk in German then someone has to explain everything to him again.

Not a problem if youíre committing 3/4/5 years there but itís not ideal for a short term loan when we want him to get as much playing time as possible.

February 01, 2018, 05:35:34 AM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
True. I wonder if they have many foreigners in their team? Great experience for him though. Will make him grow up quick too.

Yeah not sure - they had Burke who went it WBA in the summer (I think) so theyíre not averse to left field signings.

And Iíve absolutely nothing but support for people who want to go somewhere else to try something new.

If he plays then great.

But if he doesnít (and the risk is magnified with settlement issues etc.) then from our point of view itís a waste of time if there are safer (playing time) options available.

February 01, 2018, 05:42:49 AM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think the biggest issue is they are probably too good for where he's at in his development. He should have gone to the best side he could that would see him as a starter every week. Maybe they do but it seems extremely unlikely
Also surely it's a dangerous game to loan our players to better sides. If he does well he's not going to want to come back regardless of what role we see for him next season.
Like sending the wife off to fuck Brad Pitt

Yes.

Thatís why PL loan shouts rarely work as if a player isnít deemed good enough for one side, then chances of another putting up with development mistakes are slim.

Re going there full time - we paid a decent whack for him. If heís good there I doubt weíd be selling cheap and thatís not in their usual business plan.

Unless he catches Bayernís eye...

February 01, 2018, 07:45:32 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Leipzig wanted to buy him so they probably rate him quite highly.

Think it's a bit much to expect him to drop down a division when a club like RB comes calling. They're built around developing young players and are a very attractive proposition for a player like lookman.

I dont really see what he has to gain going to Derby

Loans are about playing.

Granted if heís not playing at Leipzig heíll be in better company than if he didnít play at Derby (or even here :) ).

But if he doesnít play there and he would have played 20ish high pressure games going for promotion at Derby then itís a poor choice from our point of view.