February 21, 2018, 11:34:03 PM

Author Topic: Seamus Coleman  (Read 3559 times)

February 01, 2018, 04:34:03 PM
Reply #60

Major Clanger

So, you're saying we should keep Kenny in the starting XI instead?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

February 01, 2018, 04:37:10 PM
Reply #61

School of Science

Just to reiterate what everyone one else has said about Seamus, he has been a huge missing part in our team and last night showed how much we needed someone to take control of the ball and bring it forward, something that Seamus is excellent at and his link up play after only one game with Walcott can only bode well for the future. His determination and enthusiasm is the epitome of what we are about and what we have been severely missing, without a shadow of a doubt he should be our next captain next season.

On a side note, hats off to JJK for deputising, you cant knock what he has done in filling the void what Seamus left, however he has a fair way to go to be looking at challenging for a place, but he does have the best to learn from.

Welcome back Seamus !

Great post, the performance of Seamus and his bravery in this day and age was fantastic. And as you say and not to be forgotten JJK brilliant as his deputy. Seamus must be our next captain. Not to put cold water on this, but did anyone else find it a bit strange Seamus played the full game after being out with a serious injury ?
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 01, 2018, 05:21:49 PM
Reply #62

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nice link up with Walcott last night. Two quality players on the wing playing in tandem is something we have missed badly. Colecott?

As for Coleman, captain, warrior, baller and a gentleman.

Best piece of business ever in the Premier League?

WALLMAN
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 01, 2018, 05:25:25 PM
Reply #63

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 01, 2018, 05:30:12 PM
Reply #64

Lazarou

February 01, 2018, 06:22:50 PM
Reply #65

Macca77

February 01, 2018, 06:36:09 PM
Reply #66

Lxxx

Give him the armband.

Literally now. Let's stop pussy-footing around with Jags and Williams whose days are numbered.

February 01, 2018, 06:41:04 PM
Reply #67

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Iím guessing a bit more goes into picking a captain.

Some players are best off not being captain too.

Think Sťamus would be good as it happens as he always comes across well in interviews too.

February 01, 2018, 06:49:34 PM
Reply #68

School of Science

Iím guessing a bit more goes into picking a captain.

Some players are best off not being captain too.

Think Sťamus would be good as it happens as he always comes across well in interviews too.

Fair comment but I'm sure Seamus has the experience and he is captain of his country as well.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 01, 2018, 06:51:30 PM
Reply #69

pedrotheblue

The guy is Everton personified, arguably our most influential player. Such a grounded lad who seems to appreciate what football has given him.

Lets hope we ease him back in and not expect him to be playing 90 mins twice a week going forward, he'd have been running on adrenaline last night.

February 01, 2018, 07:54:37 PM
Reply #70

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The guy is Everton personified, arguably our most influential player. Such a grounded lad who seems to appreciate what football has given him.

Lets hope we ease him back in and not expect him to be playing 90 mins twice a week going forward, he'd have been running on adrenaline last night.

I don't think we'll be playing twice a week for a little while...

February 01, 2018, 08:07:47 PM
Reply #71

Lxxx

If we finish 7th we might. I'm not sure on the permutations which allowed us to last season but I'm imagining that their is more than a decent chance the top clubs might walk home with the trophies again this year.

February 01, 2018, 08:11:29 PM
Reply #72

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If we finish 7th we might. I'm not sure on the permutations which allowed us to last season but I'm imagining that their is more than a decent chance the top clubs might walk home with the trophies again this year.

Yeah, but it still won't be for a little while.

I hope we do come 7th though.

February 01, 2018, 08:18:54 PM
Reply #73

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

If top 6 teams win the cups then it goes down to 7th.

City Arsenal in the LC so thatís 6th covered.

Down to FA cup.

February 01, 2018, 08:35:27 PM
Reply #74

pedrotheblue

Sorry, probably should've said playing back to back games. I suppose Sunday then Saturday is 2 in a week.