June 19, 2018, 12:09:19 PM

Author Topic: Seamus Coleman  (Read 5596 times)

February 10, 2018, 11:55:33 PM
Reply #90

van der Meyde

Any news on Seamus as to why he was taken off at HT today ?
Muscle injury, going to have a scan this week.

February 11, 2018, 12:17:21 AM
Reply #91

School of Science

Muscle injury, going to have a scan this week.

Gutted hope its not serious and he's back shortly.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 11, 2018, 12:19:47 AM
Reply #92

van der Meyde

Gutted hope its not serious and he's back shortly.
Not uncommon for players to pick up a lot of muscle injuries after they've broken a bone.

Suspect it'll happen quite a bit now.

February 11, 2018, 12:27:06 AM
Reply #93

Simon Paul

Administrator
Not uncommon for players to pick up a lot of muscle injuries after they've broken a bone.

Suspect it'll happen quite a bit now.

in the opposite leg?

maybe while they are recovering from the initial break, but he's done that bit hasn't he?

I dunno, as long as he's not out too long

February 11, 2018, 12:32:57 AM
Reply #94

WeimaranerBlues

no game next week so hopefully him and Baines back soon

February 11, 2018, 12:35:51 AM
Reply #95

blueski

in the opposite leg?
think that's actually pretty common - the break creates a strength imbalance between the legs which takes a long time to resolve; also psychologically makes you favour the uninjured leg where it does more of the work and is also more prone to injury
Nil Satis

February 11, 2018, 12:37:08 AM
Reply #96

van der Meyde

in the opposite leg?

maybe while they are recovering from the initial break, but he's done that bit hasn't he?

I dunno, as long as he's not out too long
Didn't know it was the opposite leg, to be fair. Wouldn't be surprised if it was true for the opposite leg too though - maybe there's an argument for imbalances afterwards?

I've definitely seen a few studies showing that players who've broken legs end up getting more muscle injuries in the rest of their career compared to those who haven't though.

February 11, 2018, 12:54:46 AM
Reply #97

Simon Paul

Administrator
Didn't know it was the opposite leg, to be fair. Wouldn't be surprised if it was true for the opposite leg too though - maybe there's an argument for imbalances afterwards?

I've definitely seen a few studies showing that players who've broken legs end up getting more muscle injuries in the rest of their career compared to those who haven't though.

in mere mortals like us there probably is, but would have thought it would be minimal for those whose recoveries are closely managed and adhered to much better

February 11, 2018, 01:16:42 AM
Reply #98

American Evertonian

Not surprised. Hopefully minor. Typically players bodies try to correct after injuries to compensate for any asymmetric use of body. Not saying that's what it is but it does happen
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

February 11, 2018, 03:55:42 AM
Reply #99

Lxxx

Any news on Seamus as to why he was taken off at HT today ?

His leg fell off. But he was willing to play on with just one leg before the 4th official decided it was against Premier League rules so he picked it up off the changing room floor and watched the 2nd half from a box.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:57:15 AM by Lxxx »

February 11, 2018, 04:55:14 AM
Reply #100

Jamokachi

The commentator on Optus Sport actually said re: Coleman going off at half time:

"I hope it's not a recurrence of the injury that kept him out for the last 10 months"

I think we'd have fucking noticed if his leg were broken, dickhead.

February 11, 2018, 05:01:12 AM
Reply #101

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The commentator on Optus Sport actually said re: Coleman going off at half time:

"I hope it's not a recurrence of the injury that kept him out for the last 10 months"

I think we'd have fucking noticed if his leg were broken, dickhead.

Hahahaha that's incredible.

June 17, 2018, 09:39:02 PM
Reply #102

Redartin

His new acting career.

June 17, 2018, 10:21:26 PM
Reply #103

eyesalwaysblue

Oh for 11 Spar shop actors...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

June 18, 2018, 01:19:03 AM
Reply #104

Toffee1

Good thing he is quick, as it looked like he walked out of the shop without paying for the apple.