December 13, 2018, 12:26:04 PM

Author Topic: Eliaquim Mangala signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 6893 times)

February 04, 2018, 02:51:03 AM
Reply #60

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
There's a really good defender in there and I'm sticking by that.

What, like a really tiny one inside him trying to control extraordinarily long limbs?
My momma says I'm special.

February 04, 2018, 03:02:19 AM
Reply #61

Rodenplav64

I was impressed when Sam said he had a left foot . After watching him I think he has 2 .

February 04, 2018, 03:03:37 AM
Reply #62

Cozzie

There's a really good defender in there and I'm sticking by that.

Fair play for your persistence like Ram, just unsure what you are basing that on, never seen one good performance from him at all when he was at city and he was beyond atrocious today.

Using the whole "but City paid £42M for him" argument doesn't wash for me, they have an endless pit of money and can afford expensive flops.

February 04, 2018, 03:09:00 AM
Reply #63

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fair play for your persistence like Ram, just unsure what you are basing that on, never seen one good performance from him at all when he was at city and he was beyond atrocious today.

Using the whole "but City paid £42M for him" argument doesn't wash for me, they have an endless pit of money and can afford expensive flops.

Can't blame you at all for taking that point of view. He's been a disaster at City and I'm not going to deny that.

Just think he has all the attributes there, just needs the right environment.

Even today, as bad as he was, he had a few instances where he read the game, intercepted the pass and drove 50 yards up the pitch with the ball.

It's all there for me. A team will buy him in the summer and he'll realise his potential with them, just hope it's us that takes that chance.

February 04, 2018, 03:55:46 AM
Reply #64

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Slightly bemused that anyone would judge a player thrown into that 3 days after signing.

Yeah that was an absolutely shambolic situation for him.

I'm not convinced by him, although like @TheRam I think there's a decent player in there somewhere.  Incredibly harsh to write him off on the back of today though, he wasn't good but in the context of that team selection and the overall team performance it's not that surprising.

February 11, 2018, 05:46:06 AM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 11, 2018, 05:51:26 AM
Reply #66

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Any news on his injury?

He was a bit of a mixed bag, he got away with two very bad mistakes. However, given his lack of playing time recently itís not reason to get too down on him.

February 11, 2018, 06:05:00 AM
Reply #67

Thornton_19

Any news on his injury?

He was a bit of a mixed bag, he got away with two very bad mistakes. However, given his lack of playing time recently it's not reason to get too down on him.
It looked like he just landed funny. Usually the ones that look the most innocuous are usually the long term injuries.

February 11, 2018, 06:39:34 AM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Looked like his knee got a sideways bend, similar to Bolasie but not as bad, to me. Like caught between the ground/his momentum/the keeper.

Couple of really encouraging passes, and I can absolutely understand and back his signing. People who say heís a joke / worst cb in the league are just going off his media reputation and the bad period heís had.

Some absolutely shocking errors though, like mori but even worse judgement.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 11, 2018, 12:36:44 PM
Reply #69

Rodenplav64

Looked like his knee got a sideways bend, similar to Bolasie but not as bad, to me. Like caught between the ground/his momentum/the keeper.

Couple of really encouraging passes, and I can absolutely understand and back his signing. People who say he’s a joke / worst cb in the league are just going off his media reputation and the bad period he’s had.

Some absolutely shocking errors though, like mori but even worse judgement.

Shocking errors from a shocking CH . Some players will never be suited to the PL and Mangala looks like one of them . There may well be a player in there like you say but not in this league .

February 11, 2018, 02:23:00 PM
Reply #70

Lxxx

Iím sticking to my earlier assessment heís like a Yobo. Strong, athletic, baller on his day but prone to brain farts if heís not on it.

February 11, 2018, 05:19:36 PM
Reply #71

eyesalwaysblue

He did do some very good things yesterday, lets just hope that's the track he takes.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 17, 2018, 05:15:29 AM
Reply #72

Lxxx

Eliaquim Mangala's Everton career potentially over

http://dailym.ai/2ofI72y

February 17, 2018, 06:29:38 AM
Reply #73

sam of the south

Eliaquim Mangala's Everton career potentially over

http://dailym.ai/2ofI72y

Fucking hell, poor lad.

We are such a jinx.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 17, 2018, 07:34:42 AM
Reply #74

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Ugh, thatís awful. Was looking forward to seeing him have a run of games to see how he got on.