September 26, 2018, 04:00:34 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal V Everton Sat 5.30 kick off  (Read 17262 times)

February 01, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
Read 17262 times

Macca77

Can we finally break our Emirates hoodoo?

Tosun in for Niasse?

Mangala straight in?

February 01, 2018, 06:11:34 PM
Reply #1

TheTone

February 01, 2018, 06:43:40 PM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Bad time to play these.

Same team as tonight except Tosun in for Niasse and reluctantly Kenny for Coleman.

Holgate for either of the two CBs (Jags) but we go to shit when changing the defence.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:45:31 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 01, 2018, 07:24:21 PM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Morgan will come in for Davies or Rooney

February 01, 2018, 09:08:30 PM
Reply #4

pedrotheblue

Depends which Arsenal turn up really, if we actually have a go I reckon we could get at their defence and cause them a few problems.

February 01, 2018, 09:10:23 PM
Reply #5

kramer0

Morgan will come in for Davies or Rooney

Ugh. He's not a bad player in a vacuum but he totally ruins our midfield.

I'd rather shift Sigurdsson inside and play Vlasic or Bolasie on the left. I would even prefer to experiment with Klaassen there even though he doesn't get on the ball enough either (based on an admittedly small sample size).

Basically, we know Gana-Schneiderlin sucks. It sucked last season (remember Koeman hauling one of them off at halftime in every match they started together?), it sucks this season, and the only reason to ever put them on the pitch together again is because they're the only two fit midfielders we have for those positions.

February 01, 2018, 09:19:00 PM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Arsenal have been pretty great at home this season. They've just been tragically bad away from home, expect at Goodison of course.

So it's tempting to look at their recent away results and think what if, but I don't think that's much of a yardstick.

I'm still happy we saw something of a team performance last night, so I'm more relaxed going into this one. I don't think it's likely we'll get anything from the game though. I'm not sure we're there yet.

Allardyce I'd imagine would be looking to dig in and try and play in Walcott on the break.

February 01, 2018, 10:13:22 PM
Reply #7

velimski

Going to this, which almost guarantees that we'll lose. Heavily.

February 01, 2018, 10:29:50 PM
Reply #8

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Need to keep the same midfield, swap Tosun for Niasse, and make as few changes to the defence as possible.  Walcott will be well up for this, so just keep feeding him.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 01, 2018, 10:53:39 PM
Reply #9

Juanito

Iím going to this.

Pickford
Coleman  Holgate Keane  Mangala
            Gana   Schneiderlin
Walcott      Sigurdsson    Bolasie
                    Tosun

February 02, 2018, 01:39:30 AM
Reply #10

Lxxx

Be arsed watching us against one of the top 6 again and not even attempting to have a shot.

February 02, 2018, 02:41:01 AM
Reply #11

Ramjam

Pickford
Coleman jags Keane Manny
            Gana.  Rooney
Walcott.    Davies.   Siggy
                  Niasse
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 02, 2018, 05:12:24 AM
Reply #12

Bigstickytoffee

Jords
Coleman   keane  holgate   cuco
                Gana       Davies
Walcott             sigs             bolasie
                         Tosun

Going to the game, red end unfortunately, but can't wait!

February 02, 2018, 06:30:40 AM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ugh. He's not a bad player in a vacuum but he totally ruins our midfield.

I'd rather shift Sigurdsson inside and play Vlasic or Bolasie on the left. I would even prefer to experiment with Klaassen there even though he doesn't get on the ball enough either (based on an admittedly small sample size).

Basically, we know Gana-Schneiderlin sucks. It sucked last season (remember Koeman hauling one of them off at halftime in every match they started together?), it sucks this season, and the only reason to ever put them on the pitch together again is because they're the only two fit midfielders we have for those positions.

Yeah has to be 3 man midfield from now on, itís the only shape that any of the three managers have been able to get any sort of game out of.

Rooney in the middle, non negotiable.

Gana sits. Would accept Beni in a pinch. Would accept schneiderlin in a pinch.

The other midfielder anyone from Davies/Klaassen/Sigurdsson/even Gana (pinch) as we saw first part of the season.

We might have to just accept that gylfi will never play number 10 for us because we donít look like ever playing a system with a 10, and when he has played there heís actually been worse. On the left he works hard, he gets on the ball a bit but doesnít have the responsibility to get on the ball again and again, which is his ultimate problem beyond pace or anything like that, itís that heís not a natural ball magnet and doesnít affect the game like that. Itís fine, letís all get over it and accept that he can play on the left (will probably be better with a good lb behind him or baines finding him with vertical balls to feet) and heíll be sound there.

Think on sat I would be surprised if Niasse and Coleman started, also be surprised if we get anything out of it.

Niasse did well, and I think it will be a similar sort of game so...maybe he does need to play? Put himself about and occupy defenders? Made a good case for himself but obviously, we all know his faults and they make a fine case for Tosun or DCL.

One of the biggest problems we have this summer is finding someone else who can do what Rooney can do in the middle of the pitch. Either someone younger who can come on when he goes off, or someone better and younger who can ultimately replace him in the middle of the pitch.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 02, 2018, 03:51:35 PM
Reply #14

Macca77

Jords
Coleman   keane  holgate   cuco
                Gana       Davies
Walcott             sigs             bolasie
                         Tosun

Going to the game, red end unfortunately, but can't wait!

Be careful, those Arsenal fans might swear at you, they frightened the life out of this fella so much that he informed the Echo

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/reds-fan-who-sat-arsenal-14224410#ICID=FB-Liv-main

How dare they abuse an away fan who's sat in the home end and celebrated a goal, shame on them.