September 20, 2018, 12:01:57 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal V Everton Sat 5.30 kick off  (Read 16631 times)

February 03, 2018, 05:28:29 PM
Reply #90

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't be surprised to see us race into a 2-0 lead hitting them on the counter with that front three.

We'll lose 3-2 like but can defo see Walcott and bolasie having a lot of space to run into

Only issue with that is we don't have one player who can start a counter with a killer pass. Morgan can do it but he's allergic to forward passes it seems.

February 03, 2018, 05:30:06 PM
Reply #91

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't be surprised to see us race into a 2-0 lead hitting them on the counter with that front three.

We'll lose 3-2 like but can defo see Walcott and bolasie having a lot of space to run into

Only issue with that is we don't have one player who can start a counter with a killer pass. Morgan can do it but he's allergic to forward passes it seems.
Was reading that thinking yeah they will have space but who is gonna give them the ball then your last paragraph was my exact thinking

It's gonna be very disjointed from us
Simply simply lovely

February 03, 2018, 05:57:39 PM
Reply #92

Gash

Global Moderator
Morgan can do it but he's allergic to forward passes it seems.

I don't know how accurate or reputable Squawka are but it would seem all this "he never passes forward" is a bit of a myth? 624 passes this season, 83% passing accuracy of which 80% are forward passes. Granted that could literally be a diagonal that goes a foot forward but I do think the 'never passes forward' accusation us massively exaggerated.

http://www.squawka.com/players/morgan-schneiderlin/stats#performance-score#everton-(current)#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2017/2018#819#all-matches#1-25#by-match

February 03, 2018, 06:04:06 PM
Reply #93

Bally

Administrator
                JP
JJK Williams Keane Mangala Martina
            Snide   Gueye
Walcott                    Bolasie
               Niasse
Team tomorrow apparently
Pickford
Keane Williams Mangala Martina
Kenny Schneid Gueye
Walcott Niasse Bolasie

Seamus ill apparently
This is what I got
It's the roll I way

February 03, 2018, 06:07:52 PM
Reply #94

sam of the south

If the wing backs could attack and you played a midfielder who did something instead of schneiderlin the shape wouldn't be that bad

Exactly.

Attacking wing-backs are essential for this type of formation, as is a CB who can play it out from the back (which we don't have)

Kenny would be ok in this formation if he wasn't going to spend the vast majority of the match having to defend, which he will probably have to.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 03, 2018, 07:01:00 PM
Reply #95

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know how accurate or reputable Squawka are but it would seem all this "he never passes forward" is a bit of a myth? 624 passes this season, 83% passing accuracy of which 80% are forward passes. Granted that could literally be a diagonal that goes a foot forward but I do think the 'never passes forward' accusation us massively exaggerated.

http://www.squawka.com/players/morgan-schneiderlin/stats#performance-score#everton-(current)#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2017/2018#819#all-matches#1-25#by-match

He’s a great passer he’s just not a very progressive passer. Can switch play effortlessly and find the nearest man no problem, doesn’t fuck up on the ball THAT often I wouldn’t say, it’s just balls into the final third, like say rooneys for walcotts goal in the week, he wouldn’t even think to try it never mind pull it off.

If Sam has been drilling him to just weight a few into the channels and rely on pace then he could do fine.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 03, 2018, 07:01:35 PM
Reply #96

Macca77

Gonna have the strongest bench ever

February 03, 2018, 07:16:26 PM
Reply #97

TheTone

Team tomorrow apparently
Pickford
Keane Williams Mangala Martina
Kenny Schneid Gueye
Walcott Niasse Bolasie

Seamus ill apparently
This is what I got

Heard anything more about Tosun mate?

February 03, 2018, 07:36:30 PM
Reply #98

Bob Sacamano

Reckon we’re just gonna hoof it. Going for a curry instead and will check-in in here throughout.

The Allardyce factor has turned me off so much.

February 03, 2018, 07:47:10 PM
Reply #99

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hate these late kick offs. Just want it done and dusted early.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

February 03, 2018, 07:48:33 PM
Reply #100

eugene

Me too, just end up half cut in the ale house with the lads hmmm, then again

February 03, 2018, 07:50:23 PM
Reply #101

gizzblue

Yeah me too hate seeing everyone else's results before we kick off ....just a reminder of how shit we actually are .
Before a ball is kicked.

February 03, 2018, 07:54:18 PM
Reply #102

eugene

Good to see how the teams round us get on,see movements

February 03, 2018, 08:48:40 PM
Reply #103

Shogun

Administrator
*Tin hat on*

Apart from Schneiderlin, I think it's a decent enough team. Three attackers who provide pace and width, one winger capable of goals whilst the other two bring more of an unpredictable quality. Considering we're never going to go there and dominate (especially under Allardce) then I think it's set up pretty well on the counter.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 03, 2018, 08:49:35 PM
Reply #104

Cereal Killer

Looking forward to plan B once they've carved us open and a midfield runner slots their first after hmmmm say 5 minutes

We'll have a plan B right? Right??