November 15, 2018, 06:12:58 PM

Author Topic: The final stretch  (Read 1596 times)

February 01, 2018, 11:20:16 PM
Read 1596 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The signs with Walcott and Seamus back are very encouraging. It was good to see Walcott linking with Sigurdsson as well. Both technical players and with that bit of x factor.

If Mangala or whatever his name is can shore up the defence, then we can try and finish strongly. We need to be looking to the future and need to find a good Rooney replacement which won't be easy. Or a midfielder with a bit more about him who actually passes to our players more often than not.

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 02, 2018, 06:15:49 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If we could take a point at the
 Emirates then beat Palace, Watford, Burnley, Brighton and Stoke I’d be confident of finishing 7th and with our squad that’s what we should be looking to do.

Arsenal will probably be another loss, but it would be nice to see the team at least try and make up for the disaster earlier in the season.

Wish Silva was still at Watford, I'd feel more confifent about getting a result there, but none of those teams should put fear into us. Should being the operative word there. Burnley hopefully on the decline by the time we play them.

7th should be our aim point and it would be amazing to get that given how our season has gone. Ultimately, I think more likely we'll finish 8th or 9th.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama